Percussa SSP: wavetable, granular, sampling, fx processor...

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Bpmon
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Bpmon » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:31 am

Lovely 8-)

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:55 pm

yep. if there was a KS today i would pledge IMMEDIATELY.

Xmas Times cannnnn be the Tight Money Times for peoples though.
music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

Innerself2007
Common Wiggler

Post by Innerself2007 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:43 pm

Yes I will bump for the MSSP as well. I was in on the kickstarter preorder and was definitely disappointed when it failed to reach goal. For the Price,size and shear awesomeness of the module I was surprised there weren't more backers.
Would pledge if it comes back.

bschiett
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bschiett » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:22 am

Innerself2007 wrote:Yes I will bump for the MSSP as well. I was in on the kickstarter preorder and was definitely disappointed when it failed to reach goal. For the Price,size and shear awesomeness of the module I was surprised there weren't more backers.
:tu:
Percussa Super Signal Processor Eurorack Module (SSP) | 16in/8out @ 192kHz/32bit DSP module | polyphonic wavetable, granular, sampling, and more | modular in a module | multichannel recorder

davide3737
Common Wiggler

Post by davide3737 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:38 am

bschiett wrote:
Innerself2007 wrote:Yes I will bump for the MSSP as well. I was in on the kickstarter preorder and was definitely disappointed when it failed to reach goal. For the Price,size and shear awesomeness of the module I was surprised there weren't more backers.
So how many more :tu: before you make our Christmas?

taylor12k
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by taylor12k » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:47 pm

i'm very interested in comparing the SSP to the ER-301 but it's a heavy price tag.. the MSSP looks pretty nice (tho i haven't read up on what the differences would be between it and its big brother). count me in as interested, though.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:21 pm

davide3737 wrote:
bschiett wrote:
So how many more :tu: before you make our Christmas?
Its a magical number that doesn't seem to come to light...

BlinkyLights
Veteran Wiggler

Post by BlinkyLights » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:33 am

Hello.

Why is there an uneven/mismatched number of INs and OUTs (16 and 8, respectively)?

Seems like a particularly odd design decision. Why not 16 and 16?

Thanks.

bschiett
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bschiett » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:00 am

davide3737 wrote:So how many more :tu: before you make our Christmas?
you can find all details including minimum number of backers required here -
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pe ... rorack-mod
Percussa Super Signal Processor Eurorack Module (SSP) | 16in/8out @ 192kHz/32bit DSP module | polyphonic wavetable, granular, sampling, and more | modular in a module | multichannel recorder

2disbetter
Ultra Wiggler

Post by 2disbetter » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:05 am

I can't answer from the engineering perspective, but I would say look at other DSP related modules, and you'll notice they all follow the same trend. The most popular alternative, for example, has 16 in and 4 out.

From a workflow perspective, I'd say the imbalance is because you would typically have more things coming in then going out. Audio channels can be bundled together for example, and other CV can be multed elsewhere in the rack. That has helped me to never want for more outputs.

bschiett
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bschiett » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:22 am

cackland wrote: From my point of view, if it came to it and we were't far off the number, I would purchase a couple to get us over the line or at least reach out to our own network to advise people of this module that may get us over the line.
I'd suggest to reach out to your network now, so they are aware that the discussion is ongoing and that they should bump this thread.

LukeSnarl
Learning to Wiggle

Post by LukeSnarl » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:59 am

I would back the mSSP now also - I wanted to last time - but it was at a time when so many other expenses had come up and I couldn't.
============
http://snarl.org

2disbetter
Ultra Wiggler

Post by 2disbetter » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:56 am

davide3737 wrote: no doubt helped by the two videos that divKid so generously made of the prototype. :hmm:
This is marketing and I am guessing was not done for free, despite how generous it may have appeared.

Believe it or not KS campaigns are not cheap, and neither is getting the word out.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:17 am

bschiett wrote:
I just scanned the Kickstarter page for the MOQ and couldn’t find the number required.

Do we need to get the $120,000 in order for a go ahead again? Or has the bar changed?

Some updated definitive numbers would be great, rather than dancing around it ...

davide3737
Common Wiggler

Post by davide3737 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:09 am

cackland wrote:
bschiett wrote:
I just scanned the Kickstarter page for the MOQ and couldn’t find the number required.

Do we need to get the $120,000 in order for a go ahead again? Or has the bar changed?

Some updated definitive numbers would be great, rather than dancing around it ...
I couldn't find the magical number either, although I suspect it's 200 given the state of play when the campaign ended. Sadly, I don't see this figure being reached without a concerted effort from the developer. Perhaps it's a case of 'once bitten, twice shy', which I completely get. Might I suggest an email to the 109 people who signed up for the campaign to check their continuing interest?

bschiett
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bschiett » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:55 am

cackland wrote: Do we need to get the $120,000 in order for a go ahead again? Or has the bar changed?
Nothing has changed about the campaign, and yes, we need to raise that amount to be able to do the project. So roughly 220 people need to back it.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:48 pm

I agree. I don't see $120k being raised.

If nothing changes, nothing will come. That's up to the dev.

bschiett
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bschiett » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:30 pm

cackland wrote:I agree. I don't see $120k being raised.
i don’t see why not. There have been other eurorack modules that raised larger amounts while they offered a feature set or value for money nowhere close to what the mssp offers.

this has been discussed before, and unfortunately i cannot keep discussing the same topics again and again. you can find all relevant info in the mssp threads and on the KS page.

all you need to worry about is bumping the thread if you want an mssp, and telling all your friends to do the same. if there is enough interest we can set up a pre-ordering page and do a relaunch.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:01 pm

You are welcome to NOT discuss things anymore. Others are free to discuss...

A friendly note... Just because your module may offer a feature set or value for money above and beyond other modules, it doesn't mean it will sell. There are multiple factors that go into selling a module successfully and imho, thinking a module deserves to be sold based on x, y, and z.. doesn't mean it should. If you want something to sell, and the market has spoken.. an opportunity is to adjust. As said, this is up to the dev, otherwise bon voyage.

PS... Free bump

circuitburst
Wiggling with Experience

Post by circuitburst » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:09 pm

bschiett wrote:
cackland wrote:I agree. I don't see $120k being raised.
i don’t see why not. There have been other eurorack modules that raised larger amounts while they offered a feature set or value for money nowhere close to what the mssp offers.
Yes, just recently the E520 Kickstarter raised $125k :woah: with a similar pledge amount ($579):
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/69 ... -processor
"make the events occur that you want to occur" - the black dog

https://soundcloud.com/circuitburst
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/295055
:boat: World Map of Eurorack Module Manufacturers: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 9IMDP34-ao
World Map of Eurorack Module Physical Shops: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... gfSeJ6wVIG

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Mr. Cackland,

I find your 2nd paragraph to be fine and in the spirit of truth-seeking and free inquiry. That's a-okay.

However, I'd like to ask you to be forthright and direct with what it is you are trying to get across with your first 2 sentences. I can't tell what point you are trying to make and I certainly hope that you aren't demanding that the developer make no comments in this thread. It's all murky and could use clarity.

Can you state what your angle(s) are? If you are trying to silence someone in this context, that's not going to fly on this forum.

And, for the sake of being open and honest, I moderate the SSP forum as well; so, yes, I'm somewhat involved.

UltraViolet
Veteran Wiggler

Post by UltraViolet » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:38 pm

Kent,

I can see how you could translate it that way, but it really came across to me as just the opposite. He seemed to be saying that if the developer didn't want to continue discussion then that was fine, but other members should still be free to discuss MSSP on this thread. That seems to be consistent with Muff policy. English is not the most precise language. Others may have taken it the way you saw it.

Severed head
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Severed head » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:28 pm

thats just to much scuba diving.
WTB:, MA35 filter. -Mac recordings software from 2008/9
:help:

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:45 pm

UltraViolet wrote:Kent,

I can see how you could translate it that way, but it really came across to me as just the opposite. He seemed to be saying that if the developer didn't want to continue discussion then that was fine, but other members should still be free to discuss MSSP on this thread. That seems to be consistent with Muff policy. English is not the most precise language. Others may have taken it the way you saw it.
Exactly this. If anything, I've been trying to bump this thread so others can hopefully show interest for another KS campaign.

ehr
Common Wiggler

Post by ehr » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:49 pm

I'd be all about a mSSP and would back the campaign if it is done again.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”