Intuitive alternative to Control Forge that is not Verbos?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

FatRocky
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Intuitive alternative to Control Forge that is not Verbos?

Post by FatRocky » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:42 pm

I’m looking for an alternative to Control Forge that is intuitive and playable but it,s not the Verbos Voltage Multistage.
My main target is to modulate parameters on sequencers or modules like Mungo with complexity and precision, and also in sync.

Control Forge was my initial choice , but if there is something that can give a more immediate fun that would be the best

I just sold my Verbos system and and don’t want to look back at Verbos . They are great modules , but I’m narrowing my options for good as I don’t have too much time and prefer to concentrate in other modules.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated :tu:
Last edited by FatRocky on Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

porphyrion
Wiggling with Experience

Post by porphyrion » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:49 pm

Nerdseq. CV in all flavors of the month! Very powerful and imo more direct (more immediate overview) than Control Forge. YMMV

Artaos
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Artaos » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:27 pm

ER-101?

BaloErets
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BaloErets » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:34 pm

MI Stages seems to share a decent amount of functionality between the Control Forge and the Multistage.

dumbeat
Common Wiggler

Re: Intuitive alternative to Control Forge that is not Verbos?

Post by dumbeat » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:56 am

What you are asking for is a Musical instruments, that you can actually touch parameters simultaneously to get a result. I totally identify with that, I have the CF and the Verbos and the MI Stages.
For the money id say Stages is on, but The verbos is much more capable and enjoyable.

For me, CF is only good for randomly starting with some preset, playing with its general duration and than adjust one step at a time with the hopes that by tomorrow you might have a musically meaningful Envelope/Curve going, or that by chance, NOT by personal expression, you'll get something going this week.At the same time, Granted, It can do things nothing else can. All he needed to do is make it a slightly larger module with dedicated controls for the 8 stages. It would have been the end all Volatge generator.
Its very obvious that the designer is a brainiac and not a musician.

All that being said, it has its place in my system and has its moments of glory.

mdoudoroff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mdoudoroff » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:13 am

Not so clear whether OP is looking for a step sequencer or an arbitrary function generator. The most essential distinction there is whether you clock it (step sequencer) or it has stages of precise duration that are independent of external clocks (arbitrary function generator). Your options bifurcate from there. Modules like Control Forge and Verbos Multistage are in the latter category.
Last edited by mdoudoroff on Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zifor
Common Wiggler

Post by Zifor » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:17 am

FatRocky wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:42 pm
I’m looking for an alternative to Control Forge that is intuitive and playable but it,s not the Verbos Voltage Multistage.
My main target is to modulate parameters on sequencers or modules like Mungo with complexity and precision, and also in sync.

Control Forge was my initial choice , but if there is something that can give a more immediate fun that would be the best

I just sold my Verbos system and and don’t want to look back at Verbos . They are great modules , but I’m narrowing my options for good as I don’t have too much time and prefer to concentrate in other modules.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated :tu:

Usta by Frap tools could be interesting.
Maggots Gnawing Leppers Toes

atimbral
Common Wiggler

Post by atimbral » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:32 am

FatRocky wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:42 pm
You might like the Tete/Tetrapad combo. It really is what it says; “Recordable, Syncable, Multi-Dimensional Performance Touch Controller”. Surprisingly user-friendly too, despite the little screen and extensive menus.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”