WMD Metron sequencer

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: WMD Metron sequencer

Post by Zymos » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:29 pm

After wanting this since I saw it demoed almost 2 years ago, I finally got it. But I think mine’s broken, I can’t seem to effortlessly make awesome beats like Alex does in all the videos.

But really, I’m coming up with super cool stuff- “burst” is giving me something I never could have gotten so easily before. Here’s my drum rig now, though the arrangement is different in real life, it was too fiddly to drag around everything on my phone.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1000287

I do think Axxent and a 2nd Voltera are going to be next though.

rbhansen
Common Wiggler

Post by rbhansen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:02 pm

Zymos wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:29 pm
After wanting this since I saw it demoed almost 2 years ago, I finally got it. But I think mine’s broken, I can’t seem to effortlessly make awesome beats like Alex does in all the videos.
:lol:

Mine's on the way too...should be here this week!

lmixl
Common Wiggler

Post by lmixl » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:35 am

is it still in production?

mkasthe
Common Wiggler

Post by mkasthe » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:56 am

lmixl wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:35 am
uhm...yes

it might be out of stock everywhere, but that's because of COVID.
Made in Italy and exported to NYC
Instagram: The Analog Kid

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:32 pm

They are in stock right now on WMDs site. They seem to come and go- I assume they just assemble a few every now and then. Several retailers have them too.

lmixl
Common Wiggler

Post by lmixl » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:33 pm

Thanks

WMDevices
Veteran Wiggler

Post by WMDevices » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:04 am

lmixl wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:35 am
Yes, fully in production. The parts have a long lead time, and we build them in batches, but spaced out (COVID hasn't helped us get them back in stock either). We also service dealer orders before they come into stock on our website, and have been hard to keep in stock because demand is high.

Thanks! -WM
Check out the growing number of WMD Demo Videos | WMD Website

lmixl
Common Wiggler

Post by lmixl » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:39 pm

Good to hear that! Thanks!

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:19 pm

So, I just bought Erica Cymbals, and had read earlier in this thread about issues with accents.
I’m not seeing any problem at all, it works just like you’d expect. I didn’t mess with the trimmers, the screw slots of both were straight vertical, FWIW.
There’s also a jumper for accent ext/int- that might be important though I’m not sure what it does.

trigger303
Common Wiggler

Post by trigger303 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:53 pm

Very sorry for bringing up old topic again... but actually, isn't there a possibility to implement multiple COMPOSE SCENE tracks...?

Already Metron is really powerful sequencer, but with that feature, it will go much further !

If it is realized, I will strongly use it... for example, I program preset sounds for Crater, Chimera, Fracture, Crucible on separate COMPOSE SCENE tracks, and I can recall them later...individually!
Please, please...

Joey P.
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Joey P. » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:39 pm

Hey....is there a way to clear fill FX that have been recorded via the REC button?

Thanks,

honeysmack
Common Wiggler

Post by honeysmack » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:22 am

Couple of questions if I may:

1. Anyone had experience clocking Metron via MIDI clock from Intellijel's uMIDI, or would you go uMIDI -> PAMs -> Metron?

2. As a rough idea how do people work out how many Voltera's they need to accompany the Metron?

I haven't bought one as yet, very close: wonder if the Metron/Voltera combo will replace my Varigate8+/Voltage Block and/or my Beatstep Pro (I've asked this a long time ago, but wanted to see how people are going now). I'm still keeping my Varigate 4+ and Metropolis, but might ditch the Beatstep Pro?

I make Acid Techno (bangers) 909+303, so my modular rig is focused on percussion/drum modules that compliments the Roland x0x boxes.

thanks for reading

jamynmusic
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jamynmusic » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:49 am

theotteryears wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:27 am
is it possible to use SBUS to send program changes to a voltage block and a SSM at the same time if I have both?

Just thought I’d bump this post, I’m curious as well and haven’t seen any response :) anyone?

NastyNachos
Common Wiggler

Post by NastyNachos » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:39 pm

Yes, anything connected to the same busboard will react to SBus messages... It will be the same message to both modules.

mkasthe
Common Wiggler

Post by mkasthe » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:06 pm

WMD / Alex - Any future thoughts about possibility of adjusting gate length on Axxent (even on a per-track basis instead of on a per-step basis)?

I was thinking about a creative way of using Axxent to drive the individual inputs (Next, X, Y, Origin) of a Noise Eng Mimetic Digitalis, but if you have multiple subsequent steps active on Axxent it is treated as a very long gate so it will only recognize the first step.

Joey P.
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Joey P. » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:53 am

Joey P. wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:39 pm
Hey....is there a way to clear fill FX that have been recorded via the REC button?

Thanks,

Any word on this? My specific problem is that I will have record enabled during a performance as I write new data from my Volteras. If I switch to fill fx mode, record enable stays active and sometimes I will forget to deactivate it. When I add fill fx, they then just start looping as they get recorded seemingly to a fill fx track, is there a way to clear that track?

c0rpse
Wiggling with Experience

Post by c0rpse » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:52 am

Joey P. wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:53 am
Joey P. wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:39 pm

Thanks,

Any word on this? My specific problem is that I will have record enabled during a performance as I write new data from my Volteras. If I switch to fill fx mode, record enable stays active and sometimes I will forget to deactivate it. When I add fill fx, they then just start looping as they get recorded seemingly to a fill fx track, is there a way to clear that track?
No, it's recording the steps to the pattern. You have to turn record off.

mkasthe wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:06 pm
WMD / Alex - Any future thoughts about possibility of adjusting gate length on Axxent (even on a per-track basis instead of on a per-step basis)?

I was thinking about a creative way of using Axxent to drive the individual inputs (Next, X, Y, Origin) of a Noise Eng Mimetic Digitalis, but if you have multiple subsequent steps active on Axxent it is treated as a very long gate so it will only recognize the first step.
This is on our list of possibilities, but not likely any time soon.

trigger303 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:53 pm
Very sorry for bringing up old topic again... but actually, isn't there a possibility to implement multiple COMPOSE SCENE tracks...?

Already Metron is really powerful sequencer, but with that feature, it will go much further !

If it is realized, I will strongly use it... for example, I program preset sounds for Crater, Chimera, Fracture, Crucible on separate COMPOSE SCENE tracks, and I can recall them later...individually!
Please, please...
This is also on our list of possibilities, but also not any time soon.

WaveRider wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:09 pm
theotteryears wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:45 am
WaveRider wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 10:25 am
my request is an option for reset out.
Manual Only!!!!
as far as know, metron sends reset way too often, like when changing variations, sometimes you don't want that, but you still want to reset your other sequencers before starting a recording for example.... so manual only reset, sending reset ONLY when you press the reset button, would be good for me.
Plus one!
hope they add this option... PLEASE :)
The next update will have this setting in the global menu. No timeline on that firmware yet.

Thanks for digging in everyone! :sb: :party: :hail:
VINO MALO | Designer and Software Developer for WMD

mkasthe
Common Wiggler

Post by mkasthe » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:20 pm

c0rpse wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:52 am

Thanks for digging in everyone! :sb: :party: :hail:
Thank you guys!!

The module pipeline has been super strong and you keep on releasing new amazing stuff and raising the bar every time! :sb:

kwaidan
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kwaidan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:44 pm

Zymos wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:19 pm
So, I just bought Erica Cymbals, and had read earlier in this thread about issues with accents.
I’m not seeing any problem at all, it works just like you’d expect. I didn’t mess with the trimmers, the screw slots of both were straight vertical, FWIW.
There’s also a jumper for accent ext/int- that might be important though I’m not sure what it does.
I made the earlier postings. If the jumper is set wrong, the accent will not work correctly. I just found out about it not too long ago when I was moving around my modules and happened to look at the circuit board. Unfortunately, there is no mention about it in the manual. Since there are only two positions, it is an easy fix. From what I remember, it should be set to external, but double check.

Sorry about the confusion.

Joey P.
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Joey P. » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:44 pm

c0rpse wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:52 am
Joey P. wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:53 am

Thanks,

No, it's recording the steps to the pattern. You have to turn record off.

Ah, that makes sense....thanks

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:06 pm

kwaidan wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:44 pm
Zymos wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:19 pm
I made the earlier postings. If the jumper is set wrong, the accent will not work correctly. I just found out about it not too long ago when I was moving around my modules and happened to look at the circuit board. Unfortunately, there is no mention about it in the manual. Since there are only two positions, it is an easy fix. From what I remember, it should be set to external, but double check.

Sorry about the confusion.
Not a problem- I wouldn’t have even paid attention to it if not for your post, cause like you said, there was no mention of it in the docs.
Lots of drum modules (Hex Inverter, Tiptop) have an accent jumper to pick the behavior, and I’ve gotten confused more than once due to that setting.

Liradigital
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Liradigital » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:17 pm

Hey there!
Just starting with metron and voltera.
can somebody tell me if the gate length works properly? Even with gate at 15% and trigger length at 1ms I can hear some notes after a lonely trigger.

Surely I am missing something...
Thanks in advance
Last edited by Liradigital on Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Liradigital
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Liradigital » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:17 pm

Here a video
Last edited by Liradigital on Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mkasthe
Common Wiggler

Post by mkasthe » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:36 pm

Liradigital wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:17 pm
Hey there!
Just starting with metron and voltera.
can somebody tell me if the gate length works properly? Even with gate at 15% and trigger length at 1ms I can hear some notes after a lonely trigger.

Surely I am missing something...
Thanks in advance
What's the decay / release length of your envelope? that might be the issue

Liradigital
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Liradigital » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:22 am

Yes. It is. But I am familiar with Eloquencer and it don’t have the same behavior. It seems terrible to me the voltera voltages affect to long decay notes.
It makes metron unusable for melodies, to me. I don’t think voltera can ever mute the “untriggered” voltages.
“The first strake, in the brow” we use to say here in Spain.

Thanks anyway
Last edited by Liradigital on Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”