WMD Metron sequencer

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

rvhns
Learning to Wiggle

Re: WMD Metron sequencer

Post by rvhns » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:44 am

polyshaft wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:42 pm
I want to use the single track view in Voltera as well.
You're not alone!

WMDevices
Veteran Wiggler

Post by WMDevices » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:10 am

Zymos wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:20 pm
Maybe something like this would work?

We haven't tested with something like this, but as long as it doesn't screw with the filesystem, you should be able to load the update file onto the card with the above! I'll order one to test.
Check out the growing number of WMD Demo Videos | WMD Website

osten
Learning to Wiggle

Post by osten » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:54 pm

I'm experiencing an issue with my new Metron, wondering if anyone else is... Sometimes I press one of the buttons and it doesn't register, but it seems very inconsistent. It was just happening before on the 4th row "LOGIC OR" button, it would only register maybe 40% of the time. But now after I stopped the sequencer, checked out the firmware version to see if there was a potential update, I try it again and it works perfectly.

This also seemed to have occurred a few days ago on a different button (9-12 gate button), which is now working without any problem...

Makes me wonder if there are some interrupts (or maybe polling) that isnt being handled properly in the firmware?

britzel
Learning to Wiggle

Re:

Post by britzel » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:35 am

dbeats wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:06 am
I have two requests/suggestions concerning the Random function.

First a minor request: The assign function Random "Generate(s) a random pattern on selected tracks when the gate goes high." Unfortunately, it also seems to override all step probabilities (manually set to <100% before) on selected tracks with the default value of 100%. From my understanding and personal preference, this is inconsistent with the description: "Metron has the ability to assign a probability percentage to any step of the 16 tracks regardless of the step data contained."

My major request, however, would be to have a little more control over the Random pattern generation function. In my perception the selected track(s) get randomly filled by 8-12 out of 16 triggers most of the time. This is too dense, too many triggers for me in most patches. Think of kick drums, snares, claps, Plonks, for example. Assigning probabilities <100% to each step manually would just be a workaround. It would be much better to be able to generate random patterns with just 1-4 triggers out of 16 or 32, for example, that means selectable density. I don't know how it could be implemented into the work flow, but the current implementation of random patterns is almost useless for me in most patches.

What do you think?
:tu: I think the same about the dense of the propability.

May be it would be nice if the random mode would not overwrite the programmed trigs and just fill up the space between
for random fills.

Also it would be nice to implement a euclidean mode. Hold a track button twisting a encoder and generate patterns or so...

britzel
Learning to Wiggle

Post by britzel » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:56 am

seychmar wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:24 am
Anybody using Metron with trigger to MIDI converters? I was thinking of using a VPME Trig31 or a Ladik 12 channel converter. Any other suggestions? The feature set on the Metron beats any MIDI drum sequencer hands down. Maybe an idea for a future expansion from WMD.
I use the VPME Trig31. It works well for me but sometimes i wished there was a dedictated midi modul for metron so i can also use the accent mode of the axxent expander.

noisewreck
Wiggling with Experience

Post by noisewreck » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:20 pm

Seems like it’s out of stock everywhere I’ve checked.

Axxent is available but with my luck, bump by the time Merton becomes available, Axxent will be out of stock :hihi: :bang:

WMDevices
Veteran Wiggler

Post by WMDevices » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:10 pm

noisewreck wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:20 pm

Axxent is available but with my luck, bump by the time Merton becomes available, Axxent will be out of stock :hihi: :bang:
We have a batch currently in production. Should be a few weeks to start shipping them. Thanks
Check out the growing number of WMD Demo Videos | WMD Website

cafesinleche
Learning to Wiggle

Post by cafesinleche » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:05 pm

britzel wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:56 am
seychmar wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:24 am
Anybody using Metron with trigger to MIDI converters? I was thinking of using a VPME Trig31 or a Ladik 12 channel converter. Any other suggestions? The feature set on the Metron beats any MIDI drum sequencer hands down. Maybe an idea for a future expansion from WMD.
I use the VPME Trig31. It works well for me but sometimes i wished there was a dedictated midi modul for metron so i can also use the accent mode of the axxent expander.
This doesn’t have sync on it right? Having a bit of a hard time syncing some elektron gear to the metron.

Would love some I/o midi integration and also random on voltera.

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:12 pm

so, because i'm lazy and it's already a mooooof trying to keep up with updates on 4 or 5 hardware synths let alone a rack of TWENTY individual pieces of hardware... was the last update to the Metron for the Axxent control? did it add anything else? is there a Smooth CV out for the Volteras available? or planned?

lol. have a Time Warp hitting soon, but recordable slew'ins would be NEAT.
music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

cafesinleche
Learning to Wiggle

Post by cafesinleche » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:30 pm

Anyone externally syncing gear with the metron clock out and reset outs? I’ve noticed the clock to be visually jumpy but can’t quite discern there being much of a change sonically in the items I’m syncing. Cause for any concern?

I’m putting it into a befaco CV thing and sending midi clock out from that.

noisewreck
Wiggling with Experience

Post by noisewreck » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:19 pm

WMDevices wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:10 pm
noisewreck wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:20 pm

We have a batch currently in production. Should be a few weeks to start shipping them. Thanks
Thanks for the update!

x2mirko
Veteran Wiggler

Post by x2mirko » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:42 pm

I have a feature request (or maybe I just don't know how to do it?):

I would like a mode for programming voltages with voltera where if you set the output voltage for a step, it only gets changed for that specific step and isn't held from then on out until the sequence arrives at the next step with a programmed value. Even nicer would be if you could set a base value for a whole voltera track and then set a few specific steps to have different values. From what I can see, this base value could even be easy to program by holding the track button and turning the voltera knob - that gesture doesn't do anything so far from what I can tell.

The only way I can see to do that right now would be to go through each step and dial in the same value (I have also not figured out how one could copy a step of voltera data, so i can't even quickly duplicate a step to all other steps like I might do in other contexts), then change the specific steps I want to change. The alternative is to only set the specific steps I want to change and then set each following step to the value I want to be the default value. But that's pretty awkward and gets especially annoying once I want to do further edits to this.

Doesn't anyone else run into this issue? I find that this is how I'd like it to work MOST of the time - the way it works now seems comparatively unintuitive. It's also what I'm used to from elektron devices, which seem to be rather popular :)

c0rpse
Wiggling with Experience

Post by c0rpse » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:40 am

This is the procedure I use:
1.Set the Voltera track to one step
2.Set the desired "base value"
3.Use the pattern length duplicate feature on the Voltera track to bring it back to my desired pattern length.
4.Edit other steps
VINO MALO | Designer and Software Developer for WMD

x2mirko
Veteran Wiggler

Post by x2mirko » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:38 am

That's clever, thanks! Would still like an easier way, but this works much better than what I was doing.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”