4ms Pods

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Post Reply
User avatar
boboter
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 822
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:07 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Post by boboter » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:14 am

presidentofvice
May I ask what made you switch from the Pico case to the pod?
jogging house ... new album 'chants' out now.

User avatar
presidentofvice
Common Wiggler
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:07 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Post by presidentofvice » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:30 am

boboter wrote:presidentofvice
May I ask what made you switch from the Pico case to the pod?
There were a couple of reasons it made sense for me personally. First, the extra 6 HP allowed me to get the micro grids in there which I wanted to do.

But, the main reason I did it was the daisy chained power supplies. Currently, I have the Pod and another skiff (using the intellijel TPS 30) running off the same brick. In the future I might bring smaller pods in and out, similar to what JohnLRice is doing.

That said, the pico case is great for what it is. It takes a bit of creative planning though, because it's quite shallow in some areas. Over all, the pod 48x is deeper, but you have to deal with fewer power headers.

User avatar
boboter
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 822
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:07 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Post by boboter » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:08 am

Thanks for the insight. The shared power plug is definitely cool, hadn't even thought of that.
jogging house ... new album 'chants' out now.

User avatar
ketem13
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 576
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by ketem13 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:56 am

Hi,
Anyone knows if the Synthesis Technology E560 is fit in 32 pod ?

Thanks

User avatar
TEKBRAIN
Common Wiggler
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:11 pm
Location: Québec

Post by TEKBRAIN » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:28 am

ketem13 wrote:Hi,
Anyone knows if the Synthesis Technology E560 is fit in 32 pod ?

Thanks
From the specs, it has a depth of 32 mm

User avatar
ketem13
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 576
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by ketem13 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:19 pm

TEKBRAIN wrote:
ketem13 wrote:Hi,
Anyone knows if the Synthesis Technology E560 is fit in 32 pod ?

Thanks
From the specs, it has a depth of 32 mm
Yes that's true but I'm not sure if it is including the power cable this why I ask if someone have tried it

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:43 pm

ketem13 wrote:
TEKBRAIN wrote:
ketem13 wrote:Hi,
Anyone knows if the Synthesis Technology E560 is fit in 32 pod ?

Thanks
From the specs, it has a depth of 32 mm
Yes that's true but I'm not sure if it is including the power cable this why I ask if someone have tried it
I haven't tried putting it in one of my Pods but I just measured my E560 and it should fit if you use a power cable that doesn't have the strain relief part to it, measures in at needing 30.40 mm. With strain relief it needs about 34.75 mm so that wont work.
Last edited by JohnLRice on Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bandenoire
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Post by bandenoire » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Glad I swapped the 26hp for the 32hp and gave it another go. This setup is going to improve my workflow exponentially. Just need a waterproof low profile case to go with it.

Image

User avatar
cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2345
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Post by cackland » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:32 pm

bandenoire wrote:Glad I swapped the 26hp for the 32hp and gave it another go. This setup is going to improve my workflow exponentially. Just need a waterproof low profile case to go with it.
A case for your case?

donrock
Common Wiggler
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:16 am

Post by donrock » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:40 pm

Pod + tendrils

Image
Image

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:44 pm

cackland wrote:
bandenoire wrote:Glad I swapped the 26hp for the 32hp and gave it another go. This setup is going to improve my workflow exponentially. Just need a waterproof low profile case to go with it.
A case for your case?
The Gator G-MIXERBAG-0608 works pretty well for a Pod32! :tu: Just $25 at most stores.
Image

Image

User avatar
cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2345
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Post by cackland » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:31 pm

Nifty little cases John... any specific model you recommend for the pod 60?

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:52 pm

cackland wrote:Nifty little cases John... any specific model you recommend for the pod 60?
I don't have a Pod60 but somewhere back in this thread the folks at 4ms showed a Gator bag that nicely holds two Pod60s. :tu:

User avatar
bandenoire
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Post by bandenoire » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:21 pm

JohnLRice wrote:
cackland wrote:
bandenoire wrote:Glad I swapped the 26hp for the 32hp and gave it another go. This setup is going to improve my workflow exponentially. Just need a waterproof low profile case to go with it.
A case for your case?
The Gator G-MIXERBAG-0608 works pretty well for a Pod32! :tu: Just $25 at most stores.
Image

Image
Merci, that's what I was thinking of!!!

I've also been meaning to ping you as I'm also based in T-town. :guinness:

ForAiur
Common Wiggler
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:21 am
Location: Germany

Post by ForAiur » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:39 am

mrfang wrote:Using either DC barrel jack is fine.

Also, the modern (black PCB) version of the VCAM does fit in the shallower Pods (20, 26, 32, or 60hp), but the older (green PCB) version does not.

Image
Thanks!

User avatar
hermbot
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:42 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by hermbot » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:30 pm

40X looking good for my Euro Blippoo:

Image

User avatar
cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2345
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Post by cackland » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:44 pm

JohnLRice wrote:
cackland wrote:Nifty little cases John... any specific model you recommend for the pod 60?
I don't have a Pod60 but somewhere back in this thread the folks at 4ms showed a Gator bag that nicely holds two Pod60s. :tu:
Ah, guess I'll have to get two :hihi:

Here is the bag for the Pod60: G-MIXERBAG-1306

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:23 pm

cackland wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
cackland wrote:Nifty little cases John... any specific model you recommend for the pod 60?
I don't have a Pod60 but somewhere back in this thread the folks at 4ms showed a Gator bag that nicely holds two Pod60s. :tu:
Ah, guess I'll have to get two :hihi:

Here is the bag for the Pod60: G-MIXERBAG-1306
:mrgreen: That's the spirit! :tu:

User avatar
Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 11197
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: the Terminal beach

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:37 am

Waiting for a 48x to arrive on Monday. Really excited about this one, strangely enough!
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

St0rMl0rD
Common Wiggler
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:54 am

Post by St0rMl0rD » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:52 am

I see that Schneider's has them on stock now, hopefully my 48X will be here early next week :yay:

User avatar
ketem13
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 576
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by ketem13 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:36 am

hermbot wrote:40X looking good for my Euro Blippoo:

Image
You manage to fit benjolin and twin peak with no problems?
I read before some says it is not possible to fit epoch modular to the 4ms pods..

User avatar
hermbot
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:42 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by hermbot » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:44 am

They fit nicely in the deeper 40X, not the regular Pod. I picked up the X specifically because these modules wouldn’t fit in the shallower pod.

User avatar
ketem13
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 576
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by ketem13 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:26 am

hermbot wrote:They fit nicely in the deeper 40X, not the regular Pod. I picked up the X specifically because these modules wouldn’t fit in the shallower pod.
Thanks!

goldi
Common Wiggler
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:00 pm
Location: NYC

Post by goldi » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:17 am

Why do i love everyone's pods so much? They're just too cool. It's like we had to deal with too much extra crap and wood for so long (enough with the wood sides gize, there aren't enough trees anyway). I guess this is why it's $200 for a piece of tin and 4 power connectors, cause they're too damn sexy ..

User avatar
hermbot
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:42 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by hermbot » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:37 am

They are indeed a nice product. I was impressed that they included A) little rubber feet for the bottom and B) enough M3 screws to start mounting your modules.

Contrast that with the HEK I got that didn't even come with screws to hold the actual kit together.

Pods come with a nice manual, some extra literature... very good stuff, I'm impressed.

(All I need now is the Chronoblob MK1 for the pod and I'll be a happy camper...)

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”