4ms Pods

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

joeSeggiola
Common Wiggler

Post by joeSeggiola » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:53 am

Here's my finally completed Pod 48X :yay:

Scales and Chord are the only modules I wanted the exact moment they were announced, but giving my 6U rack is already full and quite functional as it is, I tougth maybe I can try one of these new Pods. I had to wait a while for the deeper ones, but here it is, my mini synth for music theory and chords exploration, ready to be played thanks to some basic tools from the Pico series.

A thing I found really cool about these Pods is that they suddenly make you think about all the combinations of the modules you already own that could make small "complete" instruments really focused on one single goal. For example, I could use Pico IN, Stages, Morphagene, Pico DSP and Pico Out for a real-time stereo sound processor instrument.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:24 am

joeSeggiola wrote:Here's my finally completed Pod 48X :yay:

:sb: :tu:

kbowman016
Learning to Wiggle

Post by kbowman016 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:08 am

JohnLRice wrote:

:sb: :tu:
Sweet! I just got a 60hp version to house my mixing and some utilities. I did find that some modules are listed as "skiff" friendly, I think it was a 2hp, but with the power cable connected, it didn't fit!

I think I will be getting a 48hp version to make a mini-module generative setup.

joeSeggiola
Common Wiggler

Post by joeSeggiola » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:43 pm

jeannot wrote:Still on the hunt for one that has DC outs and no low current shutoff.
I found one! https://www.xtpower.de/XT-20000QC3-PA2-AO-no-auto-power-off-DC-12V-to-24V

It explicitly says that it has almost no low current shutdown (no auto power-off, it's well explained in the description). It's a "variant" of a standard model of theirs, and only available on their website (as they said to me). They sell on Amazon, but only models with a low current shutoff of ~250mA. Judging from the display, it says I'm drawing about 400mA with my setup (6W at 15V), so maybe the standard one was good anyway, but still...

jeannot
Ghost Beach

Post by jeannot » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:55 pm

EDIT: Found one on Amazon, excellent work!

simian
Common Wiggler

Post by simian » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:11 pm

Just loaded a Pod 48x with a Frap Tools suite: Sapel, 321, Falistri; plus an erica pico output for headphone couch doodling.

Blurry snapshot reduced for your visual comfort:

jeannot
Ghost Beach

Post by jeannot » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:27 pm

Amazon has a couple different versions.

This one appears to be the correct model.

d.thomas
Common Wiggler

Post by d.thomas » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:13 pm

embodead wrote:
Dragonaut wrote:
pablowdadon wrote:Feedback about expert sleepers on pod 40x or 48x?
Anyone ?
ES users have been left behind on the latest slew of small portable cases. Doesn’t make any sense to me as ES gear makes small cases like this capable of containing a very powerful small instrument. Not being able to drop my Es-3 and Es-6 in these guys makes the case look more like a novelty product than the tool it could be. I blame it on the anti-laptop sentiment within the community. Cue long rant.

With ~2mm washers, it nicely fits 48X.

:waah:

phonodyne
Common Wiggler

Post by phonodyne » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:05 am

embodead wrote:
Dragonaut wrote:
pablowdadon wrote:Feedback about expert sleepers on pod 40x or 48x?
Anyone ?
ES users have been left behind on the latest slew of small portable cases. Doesn’t make any sense to me as ES gear makes small cases like this capable of containing a very powerful small instrument. Not being able to drop my Es-3 and Es-6 in these guys makes the case look more like a novelty product than the tool it could be. I blame it on the anti-laptop sentiment within the community. Cue long rant.

With ~2mm washers, it nicely fits 48X.

Will the ES-8/-3/-6 not fit in the 48x without washers as spacers? I thought they were all 50mm and the depth for modules of the 48x is 51mm?

Jason Brock
just visiting

Post by Jason Brock » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:33 pm

I'm wondering which power supply people have chosen for their Pods?

I bought this one, which was suggested along with the case:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PowerBrick90W--4ms-power-brick-90w-ac-power-adapter

The barrel connector seems a long though, and only goes into the jack about half way. This means it is a little bit loose, and sometimes gets bumped when moving around and my power flickers off. So I'm interested in finding a better fit. Any suggestions?

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:18 pm

Jason Brock wrote:I'm wondering which power supply people have chosen for their Pods?

I bought this one, which was suggested along with the case:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PowerBrick90W--4ms-power-brick-90w-ac-power-adapter

The barrel connector seems a long though, and only goes into the jack about half way. This means it is a little bit loose, and sometimes gets bumped when moving around and my power flickers off. So I'm interested in finding a better fit. Any suggestions?
I know I bought one, maybe both of the ones I have, directly from 4MS, and they have a straight plug that is 10mm long, works well! :tu: :
https://4mscompany.com/p.php?p=899

Jason Brock
just visiting

Post by Jason Brock » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:36 pm

Has anyone tried an Intellijel uVCA II in the shallow Pods? The specs say 35mm, but that doesn't seem right. It's just one PCB layer with a power connector on the back.

kwaidan
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kwaidan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:37 pm

Jason Brock wrote:Has anyone tried an Intellijel uVCA II in the shallow Pods? The specs say 35mm, but that doesn't seem right. It's just one PCB layer with a power connector on the back.
I mounted a uVCA in a 32HP Pod, but I’m not sure if it is version I or II. It has the little robot guy, so it may be an older one:

Wick
Common Wiggler

Post by Wick » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:21 pm

Scales and Chord are the only modules I wanted the exact moment they were announced, but giving my 6U rack is already full and quite functional as it is, I tougth maybe I can try one of these new Pods. I had to wait a while for the deeper ones, but here it is, my mini synth for music theory and chords exploration, ready to be played thanks to some basic tools from the Pico series.

A thing I found really cool about these Pods is that they suddenly make you think about all the combinations of the modules you already own that could make small "complete" instruments really focused on one single goal. For example, I could use Pico IN, Stages, Morphagene, Pico DSP and Pico Out for a real-time stereo sound processor instrument.
I didn’t know That intellijel scales fit in modulargrid says 40mm deep I was gonna take a 60 pod to put a intellijel planar2 but don’t know if it fits?

Jason Brock
just visiting

Post by Jason Brock » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:31 pm

Wick wrote:I didn’t know That intellijel scales fit in modulargrid says 40mm deep I was gonna take a 60 pod to put a intellijel planar2 but don’t know if it fits?
It will fit in all the deeper PodX versions which are 51mm. The Pod60 only comes in the thinner 34mm version though.

Jason Brock
just visiting

Post by Jason Brock » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:34 pm

kwaidan wrote:I mounted a uVCA in a 32HP Pod, but I’m not sure if it is version I or II. It has the little robot guy, so it may be an older one:
Thanks! I noticed on Schneidersladen that is says 28mm, which seems right. Maybe it's a typo in Intellijel's documentation, or they used a really fat power header when measuring.

Wick
Common Wiggler

Post by Wick » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:38 pm

Jason Brock wrote:
Wick wrote:I didn’t know That intellijel scales fit in modulargrid says 40mm deep I was gonna take a 60 pod to put a intellijel planar2 but don’t know if it fits?
It will fit in all the deeper PodX versions which are 51mm. The Pod60 only comes in the thinner 34mm version though.
ok thanks Jason Brock didn’t know about the deeper podx versions thanks for the info

Estes
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Estes » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:35 pm

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone had the chance to try out a mmf-1s Cwejman module? I sometimes had issues with cases since I have a lot of tube modules that uses a lot of power in my cases. Does it work well with the power of 4ms?

Jason Brock
just visiting

Post by Jason Brock » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:45 pm

Here's my Pod60. It's a patching buddy for my Moog Grandmother, plus a filter box for other things.
This is exactly what I always wanted Eurorack to be. Ultra small and light, yet dense in function.

guigui
Wiggling with Experience

Post by guigui » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:03 pm

I contacted 4ms guys to know about some modules compatibility with Pod X and they said that they are planning to release some even deeper versions for those with deep modules like me.

morgulbee
Common Wiggler

Post by morgulbee » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:46 pm

guigui wrote:I contacted 4ms guys to know about some modules compatibility with Pod X and they said that they are planning to release some even deeper versions for those with deep modules like me.
Ohhhh, this is very good news!

Jason Brock
just visiting

Post by Jason Brock » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:16 pm

guigui wrote:I contacted 4ms guys to know about some modules compatibility with Pod X and they said that they are planning to release some even deeper versions
I'd be curious to know what widths they plan on also, if there will be anything longer than 60hp.

eclectics
Wiggling with Experience

Post by eclectics » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:18 am

I used MMI usb power attached with velcro on an unpowered pod60. Had to enlarge the power hole to let a USB-B connector in, but it works well.

Dual DIY benjolin, horstronic joystick and malekko wiard x-mix.
Powered with a usb battery from ebay.

Lots of fun.
Here it is through ipad for Eventide Blackhole and ultratap delay.

https://soundcloud.com/eclectics-oz/ben ... nd-friends

monads
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by monads » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:11 pm

Just discovered the Pod and ordered the 40X! Looks pretty nice/compact.

lmixl
Learning to Wiggle

Post by lmixl » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:06 am

48 Pod
Anyone Nerdseq groovebox? What would 16hp left would be for you?
Nerdseq + ?

Return to “Eurorack Modules”