Testing an NLC sloth with Mordax Data?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

jamos
Common Wiggler

Testing an NLC sloth with Mordax Data?

Post by jamos » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:47 pm

Hmm. Just built an NLC Super Sloth - the one with a 12 to 16 minute cycle - and I am wondering how to test it. I hooked it to Mordax Data in X-Y mode, hoping to get it to trace out that classic "strange attractor", but it won't... just shows a small section of the trace at a time. Based on the way the trace moves all over the scope over a long period of time, I think it's working... but I'd love to see that butterfly wing pattern.

I'm also thinking this version is too damn slow to be of much use to me.
Nord Modular G2 & G2X, Emulator X, MPC Live, and a growing Euro system.

BaloErets
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BaloErets » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:56 pm

What were you feeding the DATA for the scope? You need 2 voltage sources for the X/Y scope, so something into input 1 and 2.

Also, I'm not in front of my rack right now, but from what I can remember, the X/Y scope is running from the same sync rate and "zoom" level as to what was set on the Oscilliscope. If you're trying to get some Lissajous action, you'll probably have to set a proper time scale if you are feeding it with very slow voltages.

jamos
Common Wiggler

Post by jamos » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:21 pm

BaloErets wrote:What were you feeding the DATA for the scope? You need 2 voltage sources for the X/Y scope, so something into input 1 and 2.
Yeah, I'm feeding the two outputs - x and Y (or "big" and "small") - from the Sloth. I think you're right about the time scale, there's just no scale on the Mordax that is slow enough.
Nord Modular G2 & G2X, Emulator X, MPC Live, and a growing Euro system.

AntonWoldhek
Common Wiggler

Post by AntonWoldhek » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:17 am

Got a camera with timelapse? or super long exposure mode? Thats how those butterfly pictures used to get made.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”