SSF Stereo Dipole filter

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

sine language
Learning to Wiggle

Re: SSF Stereo Dipole filter

Post by sine language » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:52 am

Hmmm why does perfect circuit say “no longer available”? Its surely not discontinued?!

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:00 am

sine language wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:52 am
Hmmm why does perfect circuit say “no longer available”? Its surely not discontinued?!
Probably just out of stock, they don’t have an unlimited supply of every module! They are in stock at Control.
https://www.ctrl-mod.com/products/dipole-silver

scragz
Common Wiggler

Post by scragz » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:18 pm

sine language wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:52 am
The silver one is discontinued but the black one says arriving soon.

sine language
Learning to Wiggle

Post by sine language » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:58 pm

Ah I see. The black one does look great...

wigwig
Wiggling with Experience

Post by wigwig » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:37 am

So that means that the Black version comes, in effect, with the Eye Rescue Mod already done?
analogPedagog wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:13 am
Just uploaded details on changing the LED brightness, please see below.

best, all.

EYE RESCUE MOD
Mabel encounters a peahen.

NoLegs
Ultra Wiggler

Post by NoLegs » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:23 pm

The Black one doesn’t need it. The LED’s are behind the front panel and are already much dimmer/softened.

closedLoop
Common Wiggler

Post by closedLoop » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:08 pm

analogPedagog wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:13 am
Just uploaded details on changing the LED brightness, please see below.
I actually don't mind it - it especially reminds me of Hal when those LEDs are red.

If we're talking about brightness, Muton is seriously bright - not that it bothers me at all. It makes it very quick to know the state of all the channels.

wigwig
Wiggling with Experience

Post by wigwig » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:15 pm

Even better.
Thanks
NoLegs wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:23 pm
The Black one doesn’t need it. The LED’s are behind the front panel and are already much dimmer/softened.
Mabel encounters a peahen.

joey
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by joey » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:11 am

did this jam yesterday with the dipole filtering (and being modulated by) the entire drum mix:

dip_registered
Learning to Wiggle

Post by dip_registered » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:39 am

TheDannyGrant wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:02 am
Hi all. Just received mine and I’m in love with the sound. This one seems to have quite wiggly pots, a few of the shafts have a fair bit of give with some being worse than others. Is this consistent with other units? Cheers.
Has anyone tried fixing the wiggly pots on their units? Is there a way to make them more firm?

Jonachi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jonachi » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:23 am

Anyone know where I can order one a black one in Europe? Gear4music have one in stock but is over 80 euros more expensive than others.

MossGarden
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MossGarden » Fri May 22, 2020 9:58 am

Jonachi wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:23 am
Anyone know where I can order one a black one in Europe? Gear4music have one in stock but is over 80 euros more expensive than others.
Just ordered mine this afternoon, in stock at Matttech https://matttechmodular.co.uk/product/s ... lack-gold/

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Fri May 22, 2020 10:10 am

friendly dipole tip - mult your audio input (best with simple saw/square waves, at bass line frequencies) to also go into the FM input, put the resonance near self oscillator. play with the FM attenuverter and filter cutoffs. its a lovely sound!

adg672
Common Wiggler

Post by adg672 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:56 am

Nice tip
brandonlogic wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:10 am
friendly dipole tip - mult your audio input (best with simple saw/square waves, at bass line frequencies) to also go into the FM input, put the resonance near self oscillator. play with the FM attenuverter and filter cutoffs. its a lovely sound!

autopoiesis
Ultra Wiggler

Post by autopoiesis » Fri May 22, 2020 12:25 pm

brandonlogic wrote:
this was my first thing to try out on it at Schneiders several months ago, because I love this how this sounds on the Klangbau Köln Twin Peak Resonator (where this exact patch is normalized and attenuated through the CV1 and CV2 knobs) . it does sound great on the Dipole too.

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Fri May 22, 2020 12:45 pm

autopoiesis wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:25 pm
brandonlogic wrote:
this was my first thing to try out on it at Schneiders several months ago, because I love this how this sounds on the Klangbau Köln Twin Peak Resonator (where this exact patch is normalized and attenuated through the CV1 and CV2 knobs) . it does sound great on the Dipole too.
yep Klangbau TP is where i got the idea to do it too haha!
cool with a dipole to put a vca in line before the FM input too so you can CV control the FM index!

toumpouris
Learning to Wiggle

Post by toumpouris » Mon May 25, 2020 1:58 am

Hi! Anyone knows how to use dipole as a "normal" stereo filter without having to adjust all the peaks?

Thanks

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Mon May 25, 2020 10:33 am

toumpouris wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:58 am
Hi! Anyone knows how to use dipole as a "normal" stereo filter without having to adjust all the peaks?

Thanks
Put all the knobs to 12:00, and only use/modulate the stereo freq and stereo res.
If you want low pass switch all the switches there.
If you only want one peak per channel, use the pole a and pole b outputs for your left and right.
You now have a ‘normal’ stereo filter.

rafyc
Common Wiggler

Post by rafyc » Wed May 27, 2020 12:15 pm

Juste received mine ! wow nice !

Any manual available ? cant see one in the website ?
Sorry quite new in modular.

Wondering about FM.
Drive on mine set FCW will clip and raise the volume a lot compared to what i could hear on demos.

MossGarden
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MossGarden » Wed May 27, 2020 12:23 pm

Got mine today too, it's fucking awesome! :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb:

rafyc
Common Wiggler

Post by rafyc » Wed May 27, 2020 4:44 pm

Does SPREAD is the same fonction than RADIATE on Qpas or SPACING on moog mattriarch ?

NoLegs
Ultra Wiggler

Post by NoLegs » Wed May 27, 2020 5:49 pm

Spread just shifts the frequency of the secondary peak of that channel of the filter in relation to the frequency of the primary peak of that channel. At 12 o'clock it will line up with the primary peak, if you move spread clockwise it will be at a higher frequency than the primary, and if you move it counter clockwise it will be at a lower frequency.

MossGarden
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MossGarden » Wed May 27, 2020 5:57 pm

rafyc wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:44 pm
Does SPREAD is the same fonction than RADIATE on Qpas or SPACING on moog mattriarch ?
Spread offsets the second filter on each side from your frequency setting. It differs from the qpas because you have full independent v/oct control of both filter cores per side with the two controls, they share a resonance. With qpas the radiate control pushes and pulls both filters at once with the main freq pot offsetting them. The SD will act more like four independent filters than qpas will allow. There are pros and cons to both, personally, I prefer the filter to be as openly mouldable as possible, I think SD wins that game. It ultimately means you can have two completely independent sides who can just ignore each other, or be combined in a stereo setup. Four independent filters in any paired combination of series/parallel routing, summed in mono or broken out in stereo. Super flexible and completely open to your interpretation/need at the time. It’s also fully resonant, so 4 voice OSC with all the FM inputs ever, slew limiting and lfo capabilities that qpas can’t do. Qpas is still an amazing filter though. Different but similar beasts.

rafyc
Common Wiggler

Post by rafyc » Thu May 28, 2020 8:14 am

NoLegs wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:49 pm
Spread just shifts the frequency of the secondary peak of that channel of the filter in relation to the frequency of the primary peak of that channel. At 12 o'clock it will line up with the primary peak, if you move spread clockwise it will be at a higher frequency than the primary, and if you move it counter clockwise it will be at a lower frequency.
MossGarden wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:57 pm
rafyc wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:44 pm
Spread offsets the second filter on each side from your frequency setting. It differs from the qpas because you have full independent v/oct control of both filter cores per side with the two controls, they share a resonance. With qpas the radiate control pushes and pulls both filters at once with the main freq pot offsetting them. The SD will act more like four independent filters than qpas will allow. There are pros and cons to both, personally, I prefer the filter to be as openly mouldable as possible, I think SD wins that game. It ultimately means you can have two completely independent sides who can just ignore each other, or be combined in a stereo setup. Four independent filters in any paired combination of series/parallel routing, summed in mono or broken out in stereo. Super flexible and completely open to your interpretation/need at the time. It’s also fully resonant, so 4 voice OSC with all the FM inputs ever, slew limiting and lfo capabilities that qpas can’t do. Qpas is still an amazing filter though. Different but similar beasts.
Ok thanks !
Now i only have a low budget headphone so cant figure out well but i notice no stereo effect with spread on SD. Offset doest not move the panning on SD while on Qpas it's obvious.
Not sure i could acheive this by routing SD output on a external panning module.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”