Emblematic Systems - Catalyst - macro controller

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

synonymist
Wiggling with Experience

Post by synonymist » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:18 pm

Last edited by synonymist on Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

synonymist
Wiggling with Experience

Post by synonymist » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:56 pm

Last edited by synonymist on Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:07 am

I keep reaching for this when patching these days. Too bad I dont have one yet. Can't wait for its arrival. :mrgreen:

synonymist
Wiggling with Experience

Post by synonymist » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:44 pm

Last edited by synonymist on Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

desolationjones
Wiggling with Experience

Post by desolationjones » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:35 pm

Module depth: 33mm
4ms Pod depth: 34.2mm
:sb:

Can anyone confirm fit? And how deep the expander is?

Emblematic
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Emblematic » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:48 pm

Some modules from the first run had a straight power header which makes the module 38mm deep. For the new run I changed it to a right angled header for all modules which reduces the depth to 33mm knowing that a lot of people will want to use this module in their "control skiff"-type case. I haven't tried it in a 4ms Pod, but I believe it should work and I am curious about the reports.

The expander only has one single pcb on the back, so it will fit into any case.

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:44 pm

Emblematic wrote:Some modules from the first run had a straight power header which makes the module 38mm deep. For the new run I changed it to a right angled header for all modules which reduces the depth to 33mm knowing that a lot of people will want to use this module in their "control skiff"-type case. I haven't tried it in a 4ms Pod, but I believe it should work and I am curious about the reports.

The expander only has one single pcb on the back, so it will fit into any case.
Sounds great. :) looking much forward to this. Any news on when the new batch starts to ship?

Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:19 pm

when is this due to be shipped ?

......i have no space in my rack.
(walking now up and down my room doing: :hmm: ...... :hmm: ..... :hmm: )
;)
For sale / reduced prices ( swiss (we are NON-EU)/ in case it makes sense_ EU/WW)(CHF +- = $):
WMD Geiger Counter: 180.- / Dotcom Q960: 700.- / Q119: 430 /
ATV A-Frame incl. Accu and Bag: 850.-, like new, quasi unused.

sleepmute
Common Wiggler

Post by sleepmute » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:16 pm

Emblematic wrote: On a limited amount of modules I will offer lower pricing for less privileged people, meaning people on Medicaid/SSI programs in the USA, on Harz IV in Germany or the equivalent in your respective homecountry or people under 23 whose parents are in any equivalent social welfare program. Just hit me up.
Just wanted to say that this is awesome.

BaloErets
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BaloErets » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:42 pm

I've been on a 6 months hiatus from buying any new modules, but I think this indeed might be the next one. Perfect ratio of feature set/size/price. Grats to you Emblematic Systems!

Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:15 am

can we have some feedback in regards to when its shipping, please ?

........some poeple leaving their homes, etc.
And some just beeing overly excited ;)
For sale / reduced prices ( swiss (we are NON-EU)/ in case it makes sense_ EU/WW)(CHF +- = $):

synonymist
Wiggling with Experience

Post by synonymist » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:23 pm

Funky40 wrote:can we have some feedback in regards to when its shipping, please ?
Yes, @Emblematic, can you please simply let us know that you are still there? (I assume you are delayed by the new one-shot feature plus dealing with whatever else to get the new modules made.) Thanks.

desolationjones
Wiggling with Experience

Post by desolationjones » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:36 pm

I have been in email contact with Ralf and he has had a minor manufacturing delay. Additionally he is on tour this week. I would expect news from him in late August.

synonymist
Wiggling with Experience

Post by synonymist » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:39 pm

desolationjones wrote:I have been in email contact with Ralf and he has had a minor manufacturing delay. Additionally he is on tour this week. I would expect news from him in late August.
Thank you for sharing that news with us, and so quickly.

Emblematic
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Emblematic » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:14 am

Hello everyone! Yes, I am still there, and I won't be leaving any time soon :)

First of all, I am sorry for the delay. Initially my intention was to stay away from offering any kind of pre-sale to avoid this kind of situation where people are waiting and getting frustrated. Unfortunately it has turned out to be a necessity to get the second batch out into the world at all. This is a fully self-financed one-person business and unfortunately I never got a "small loan of a million dollars" from my dad, like some presidents did. I work in the music business and I tour, that is my main job. Right now I am nowhere near the point of making any profit from selling modules, but I am very dedicated to it because I love it. In September my focus will be back on finishing and shipping the second batch. I am very sorry for being too optimistic about the timeline previously and I am sorry about the frustration that this may have caused.

There's indeed some firmware work that also still needs to be done. The one shot mode for the motion recorder playback will be done later after the batch is shipped, right now I am working on offering different curves for the fader response. The fader interaction is becoming very complex and it took longer than expected to offer this new feature while at the same time keeping the operation smooth and precise.

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:56 am

Emblematic wrote:Hello everyone! Yes, I am still there, and I won't be leaving any time soon :)

First of all, I am sorry for the delay. Initially my intention was to stay away from offering any kind of pre-sale to avoid this kind of situation where people are waiting and getting frustrated. Unfortunately it has turned out to be a necessity to get the second batch out into the world at all. This is a fully self-financed one-person business and unfortunately I never got a "small loan of a million dollars" from my dad, like some presidents did. I work in the music business and I tour, that is my main job. Right now I am nowhere near the point of making any profit from selling modules, but I am very dedicated to it because I love it. In September my focus will be back on finishing and shipping the second batch. I am very sorry for being too optimistic about the timeline previously and I am sorry about the frustration that this may have caused.

There's indeed some firmware work that also still needs to be done. The one shot mode for the motion recorder playback will be done later after the batch is shipped, right now I am working on offering different curves for the fader response. The fader interaction is becoming very complex and it took longer than expected to offer this new feature while at the same time keeping the operation smooth and precise.
No worries! Things take the time they take. Thanks for the update. :)

JES
Veteran Wiggler

Post by JES » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:15 am

Thank you for the update!

Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:58 pm

Emblematic wrote: I am very sorry for being too optimistic about the timeline previously and I am sorry about ..........
Thats not a problem !
in fact it was to expect that things will take longer. ;)

BUT: you were holding out waaay to long bevore giving here some feedback !
the time tells that *this* is usually what causes a totally unneccessary amout of frustration....finally on both sides.

i was right now myself close to reach out to you ( but never did, beside asking "here at muffs in this thread" for infos)

so, thanks for the feedback !

desolationjones
Wiggling with Experience

Post by desolationjones » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:57 am

Bumping this in hopes of a monthly progress update from Ralf.

Also, I reached out via email because I need to change my order address. Haven't heard back yet.

synonymist
Wiggling with Experience

Post by synonymist » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:18 am

desolationjones wrote:Bumping this in hopes of a monthly progress update from Ralf.

Also, I reached out via email because I need to change my order address. Haven't heard back yet.
When I read your August 16 post, I cancelled my preorder. What scared me off was "he is on tour this week" without public notice to that effect from Ralf.

I am not saying that he meant to mislead us. But that seemed to me behavior undeserving of my preorder money paid in good faith. Surely everyone will get their Catalyst eventually, but for that reason I was unwilling to wait longer.

Meanwhile, to sate my curiosity about the 'CV presets' territory, I bought a new Metamorph by Dnipro Modular. :)

desolationjones
Wiggling with Experience

Post by desolationjones » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:16 pm

synonymist wrote:When I read your August 16 post, I cancelled my preorder. What scared me off was "he is on tour this week" without public notice to that effect from Ralf.

I am not saying that he meant to mislead us. But that seemed to me behavior undeserving of my preorder money paid in good faith. Surely everyone will get their Catalyst eventually, but for that reason I was unwilling to wait longer.

Meanwhile, to sate my curiosity about the 'CV presets' territory, I bought a new Metamorph by Dnipro Modular. :)
Ok, I feel bad for being responsible in some fashion for your cancellation. Maybe some people feel better with LESS information, but I was posting so people could feel better about the radio silence. Ralf is a real person and as a one-man operation his output is already impressive. I don't begrudge him a day job or his other creative pursuits.

Your feeling of "behavior undeserving of my preorder money paid in good faith" is based in valid anxiety (MW has had some horror stories with preorders), but please don't make a needless fracas here... Especially since it's been less than 3 months since the preorder opened.

EDIT: Happy Goo Day, btw!

desolationjones
Wiggling with Experience

Post by desolationjones » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:32 pm

Just got shipping notification :tu:

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:40 pm

desolationjones wrote:Just got shipping notification :tu:
Nice! I should be getting one soon too then. Thanks for sharing. :mrgreen: :tu:

honeysmack
Common Wiggler

Post by honeysmack » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:14 am

Just got mine, but for some reason I don't know how to switch off the physics features, I just keep getting different permutations of the friction or elasticity.

I just wanna crossfade from scene to scene. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

desolationjones
Wiggling with Experience

Post by desolationjones » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:24 am

Just got mine. I'll try out the physics features this weekend and let you know what I find, but I believe you should just turn friction to minimum and speed to maximum. If there are new features for current shape, Ralf hasn't explained then yet.

The build quality is really good, btw!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”