Subcon SY-1

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

monoscan
Wiggling with Experience

Subcon SY-1

Post by monoscan » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:02 pm

I know it’s not even up for preorder yet, but considering how much the price of the Pearl Syncussion SY-1 is second hand now, Cevin Key reissuing it on his label Subconscious Communication seems relevant to the interests of a bunch of people here.

Again, no preorders yet, but here’s a quick :15 video of him playing with the finished Model 70:

I’ve owned the first two Plan B modules and the two new designed VCO and VCFs, so I’m definitely interested in the SY-1 in eurorack form.

burnn_out!
deep fried intoxicated wiggler

Post by burnn_out! » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:43 pm

At first I was going to comment that there's already a single channel SY-1 module from Michigan synth works but this looks/sounds amazing. I'm on board
born in bathsalts..

If your not dead you might as well be dancing, and if your not dancing you might as well be dead. - windspirit

monoscan
Wiggling with Experience

Post by monoscan » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:44 pm

burnn_out! wrote:At first I was going to comment that there's already a single channel SY-1 module from Michigan synth works but this looks/sounds amazing. I'm on board
Oh, yeah, I have seen a few people with kit clones and that Michigan module already, but I really like supporting what Subcon does, and I do enjoy a wider HP module! This thing is going to be funnnn

MARK27
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MARK27 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:00 pm

Ooh, I have a feeling that thing is going to be pricey. I mean, with SubCon you do get what you pay for, but let's just say I'm preparing myself for sticker shock.

I'm still going to get it. Who am I kidding?

:doh:

synthpriest
Common Wiggler

Post by synthpriest » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:16 pm

I am getting this one as well, looking forward. :hyper:

Stüssy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Stüssy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:20 pm

Oh Yeah, this thing looks pretty sic!
Commencing the "Gird your loins," phase!
(There will definitely be sticker shock!) :jawdrop:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/986690
Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated!

filtermod
Wiggling with Experience

Post by filtermod » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:34 pm

I need this. Really wish he would put out the delay and envelope though. :zombie:

SonicVoltage
Common Wiggler

Post by SonicVoltage » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:18 am

Cool stuff!

monoscan
Wiggling with Experience

Post by monoscan » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:59 am

filtermod wrote:I need this. Really wish he would put out the delay and envelope though. :zombie:

Yeah, especially because at the very least, a prototype exists. I mean, I’d gladly take new Download + Plateau (and I guess even modern puppy...) albums too, but I really expected these modules to be annually or something when originally announced and I’d love to see him focus on making modules for a minute.

filtermod
Wiggling with Experience

Post by filtermod » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:17 am

monoscan wrote:
filtermod wrote:I need this. Really wish he would put out the delay and envelope though. :zombie:

Yeah, especially because at the very least, a prototype exists. I mean, I’d gladly take new Download + Plateau (and I guess even modern puppy...) albums too, but I really expected these modules to be annually or something when originally announced and I’d love to see him focus on making modules for a minute.
New Download up for pre-order. :mrgreen:
https://brap.bandcamp.com
Yeah, I expected the modules to be released on a more frequent schedule too. I have all of the modules he's released so far, and I really like them. It would be great to see the SubCon take on a delay, and I'm sure that the envelope would offer something interesting as well.

monoscan
Wiggling with Experience

Post by monoscan » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:48 am

filtermod wrote:
monoscan wrote:

New Download up for pre-order. :mrgreen:
https://brap.bandcamp.com
Yeah, I expected the modules to be released on a more frequent schedule too. I have all of the modules he's released so far, and I really like them. It would be great to see the SubCon take on a delay, and I'm sure that the envelope would offer something interesting as well.

Day one order =]

I don’t have a lot of art in my studio, but my signed posters from playing with Puppy 10 years ago are on top of my eurorack cases. I will always support what Key is doing.

filtermod
Wiggling with Experience

Post by filtermod » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:18 pm

Nice. Ordered the red vinyl myself. First time I heard puppy was as a kid in the mid 80s. It sounded like the future. I blame Cevin & Dwayne for my synth addiction.

sempervirent
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by sempervirent » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:21 pm

Nice to see a new SubCon release coming up. Didn't know about the other prototypes mentioned above but curious about those now.

induktor
Wiggling with Experience

Post by induktor » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:02 pm

Check it:

Monotremata
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Monotremata » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:22 am

Sadly this will be the last Download to feature Phil Western.

monoscan
Wiggling with Experience

Post by monoscan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:48 pm

Monotremata wrote:Sadly this will be the last Download to feature Phil Western.
According to Cev's wife, there will be no more Download or Plateau releases. fuck drugs.

filtermod
Wiggling with Experience

Post by filtermod » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:40 pm

monoscan wrote:
Monotremata wrote:Sadly this will be the last Download to feature Phil Western.
According to Cev's wife, there will be no more Download or Plateau releases. fuck drugs.
This really bums me out. Phil wasn't even 50 yet.
Glad there's one more about to be released at least.
Looking forward to grabbing this module as well.

joey
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by joey » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:34 am

RIP Phil

citizensmurf
Learning to Wiggle

Post by citizensmurf » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:33 pm

Some clips of the SY-1 from Analogue Haven on IG (viewable in a browser with link). I'm not sure how much involvement Cev has in its production, but with the untimely death of Phil Western, its possible the SY-1 might be delayed a bit. Don't quote me on that, just thinking Cev is probably taking some time to mourn his partner's passing and reflect.

Here's a new song from the upcoming Download album, a tribute to Dwayne who died 23+ years ago. Shared by Cev yesterday. Visuals are of Phil from 1994.

filtermod
Wiggling with Experience

Post by filtermod » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:42 pm

Any news on pre-orders, or release date for this yet? Really excited to grab one for my drum skiff.

faustusb
Learning to Wiggle

Post by faustusb » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:29 pm

filtermod wrote:Any news on pre-orders, or release date for this yet? Really excited to grab one for my drum skiff.
There are new shirts for sale on Cev's website including an Sy-01 shirt. In the shirt description it says 'to coincide with the release of the new Model 70 Subcon Module BRAP SY1". It says the shirts will be shipped in 3 weeks (posted about a week ago)

Cevin also teased what appears to be a Subcon branded powered skiff case in a recent video. It appears the plan is to have an all Subcon stand-alone option with past and future modules in the skiff.

pekbro
Common Wiggler

Post by pekbro » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:41 am

Awesome! I love my subcon stuff, very excited for something new :tu:

monoscan
Wiggling with Experience

Post by monoscan » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:25 am

faustusb wrote:
filtermod wrote:Any news on pre-orders, or release date for this yet? Really excited to grab one for my drum skiff.
There are new shirts for sale on Cev's website including an Sy-01 shirt. In the shirt description it says 'to coincide with the release of the new Model 70 Subcon Module BRAP SY1". It says the shirts will be shipped in 3 weeks (posted about a week ago)

Cevin also teased what appears to be a Subcon branded powered skiff case in a recent video. It appears the plan is to have an all Subcon stand-alone option with past and future modules in the skiff.
That would be nice. I’ve been waiting ages to buy a new subcon module. Just bought a new case recently and have been putting cash aside to buy one upon release. I’m sure this will hurt my wallet...

filtermod
Wiggling with Experience

Post by filtermod » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:43 pm

Anyone know if this is still happening, or is it just going to be abandoned like the delay & envelope?

monoscan
Wiggling with Experience

Post by monoscan » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:51 pm

filtermod wrote:Anyone know if this is still happening, or is it just going to be abandoned like the delay & envelope?
Soon. He posted colored faceplates recently, and a few videos a while ago on his Patreon. I’ve avoided reposting his stuff he’s got behind a paywall, but it seems like he’s damn near ready

Return to “Eurorack Modules”