Intellijel Palette 4.5U Cases

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Intellijel Palette 4.5U Cases

Post by kisielk » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:10 pm

soggybag wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:54 pm
Could you power one of these cases with a battery? Something like the Poweradd?

There's been some discussion over various portable power options on our forum: https://forum.intellijel.com/t/alternat ... ses/880/32

While it's in the context of the 7U cases, it should work the same for the Palette.
Intellijel R&D

aromedesynthese
Learning to Wiggle

Post by aromedesynthese » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:22 am

Hello everyone, first-time submitter here! I'm wondering if this case comes with a EU power cable / plug / adapter? Each store in Europe seems to have it listed with a "3FT North American IEC power cable", so I was wondering if one needs to order a separate cable to make it work in EU, assuming the AC / DC adapter would handle 110v and 220v just fine? I've submitted this question both to Intellijel support and to r/modular but maybe a member here can elighten me in the meantime as it's fairly simple to answer. Thanks a lot for your insight.

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by versipellis » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:18 pm

aromedesynthese wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:22 am
Hello everyone, first-time submitter here! I'm wondering if this case comes with a EU power cable / plug / adapter? Each store in Europe seems to have it listed with a "3FT North American IEC power cable", so I was wondering if one needs to order a separate cable to make it work in EU, assuming the AC / DC adapter would handle 110v and 220v just fine? I've submitted this question both to Intellijel support and to r/modular but maybe a member here can elighten me in the meantime as it's fairly simple to answer. Thanks a lot for your insight.
Bought mine in the US, came with a US plug. I'm guessing because it's an off-the-shelf Meanwell AC/DC adapter used. You can use any mains to IEC connector in its place though, e.g. whatever came with your computer power supply or something.

aromedesynthese
Learning to Wiggle

Post by aromedesynthese » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:04 pm

versipellis wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:18 pm
aromedesynthese wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:22 am
Bought mine in the US, came with a US plug. I'm guessing because it's an off-the-shelf Meanwell AC/DC adapter used. You can use any mains to IEC connector in its place though, e.g. whatever came with your computer power supply or something.
Thank you for the information!

cliffemu
Veteran Wiggler

Post by cliffemu » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:28 pm

Shakespeare wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:09 am
Anyone squeezing in more than 12 modules using multi-connection power cords? Am I assuming correctly that using such cords wouldn't cause any sort of problem, as long as the total load was within the case's capability?
I just ordered a flying-bus type cable to go for 13 modules. I don't think it would cause any problem. I'd like to squeeze in 15 or 16 but I'm worried about running out of power. According to modulargrid, I'm at: 732 mA +12V | 245 mA -12V, already more than half of the 1.2A rating on +12V. Any thoughts on bumping up the power?
My 15 module layout estimates at 952 mA +12V | 349 mA -12V...

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:32 pm

not sure if this has been covered, but any ETA on when Stealth Black Palettes will be available again?

thanks!
music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kisielk » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:36 pm

Soon, they are in the process of being assembled.
Intellijel R&D

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:49 pm

niiiiiiiice. i have INTEREST.

lol. only one i could find would be a hundy more after shipping and comes from outside the US, which can take forevvvvverrrrrrr.
music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

drxcm
Veteran Wiggler

Post by drxcm » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:24 pm

Anyone else's not sit flat on a bench / table?
Just got a new black one and it a bit uneven.
Also noticed one of the power sockets is installed back to front..

CaptainRockout
Common Wiggler

Post by CaptainRockout » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:38 pm

drxcm wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:24 pm
Anyone else's not sit flat on a bench / table?
Just got a new black one and it a bit uneven.
Also noticed one of the power sockets is installed back to front..
Yeah, mine has the slightest wobble to it, but I still love it. Sometimes I wish there was an 84hp version, but there's fun to be had in the challenge of only 62hp. I find the 1U space gets eaten up too quickly though. With one or two larger modules like Steppy, Noise Tools, FX, etc. the options for what remains is limited. 84 would have to be the limit though before the trade-off against portability is too much.

TheRosskonian
Veteran Wiggler

Post by TheRosskonian » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:21 pm

If we are on the wishlist portion of the thread, I would love a 7u version (around 84hp) with the same level of depth.

Aside from that, I would like an extra set of holes in the sides so you could change the configuration to have the 1U row on the bottom and keep the .5 row on the top. I know the altrernative is just using the whole case flipped, but it would be nice to have the option.

intellijel
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by intellijel » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:27 pm

CaptainRockout wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:38 pm
Yeah, mine has the slightest wobble to it, but I still love it.
If you try loosening the screws a tiny bit the shape might become more true. With the rails and sidecheeks fastened there can be some minor amounts of deformation and flex due to variations in the folded metal position/tolerances. Small adjustments to the screws will alter the tension at binding points and change the shape. Something to try if you get a chance. :)

mrhooks
Common Wiggler

Post by mrhooks » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:17 pm

CaptainRockout wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:38 pm
Sometimes I wish there was an 84hp version
I think they said some time ago that they were working on a larger version.

I actually wish it were just 2HP larger, but also at least 5mm deeper. I have a feeling Intellijel decided on 62HP because they wanted it to be 60HP, then added 2HP to make up for the loss of depth at the ends. Another 2HP would allow the 1U row to fit Quadratt, Steppy 1U, and Stereo Line Out 1U. Or any number of 1U module combinations I came up with for my Palette, all of which ended up being 64HP. :doh:
If you have an original MI Rings panel you're willing to part with, please PM me.

greyscales
Learning to Wiggle

Post by greyscales » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:20 pm

Occasionally I long for a 84hp Palette, but then I have to remind myself that part of the joy of the Palette is how limiting it is. Can't fit too much in so you have to choose wisely and get creative with what you do have in it.

More small 1u modules are what I look forward to the most with the Palette. A 6-8hp S&H or decay-only envelope generator would be perfect for filling up those little gaps.

Hidden_Path
Common Wiggler

Post by Hidden_Path » Thu May 28, 2020 9:58 am

Anyone have experience with the decksaver style covers for these from Intellijel? Specifically curious if they fit with cables plugged in that leave the case (and the power cable for that matter)... is there room around the edge for those to fit going outside of the case?

cliffemu
Veteran Wiggler

Post by cliffemu » Thu May 28, 2020 10:23 am

Hidden_Path wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:58 am
Anyone have experience with the decksaver style covers for these from Intellijel? Specifically curious if they fit with cables plugged in that leave the case (and the power cable for that matter)... is there room around the edge for those to fit going outside of the case?
if you're going to push it down all the way, such as for travel, then I wouldn't recommend having cables coming out of it. It doesn't flex that much, but it is possible. When mine is on my desk, the internal cables push up on the cover at least 1cm so there's plenty of room for other cables to hang out. The same goes for the power cable if you rotate it away from the edges.

Hidden_Path
Common Wiggler

Post by Hidden_Path » Thu May 28, 2020 12:38 pm

cliffemu wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:23 am
Hidden_Path wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:58 am
if you're going to push it down all the way, such as for travel, then I wouldn't recommend having cables coming out of it. It doesn't flex that much, but it is possible. When mine is on my desk, the internal cables push up on the cover at least 1cm so there's plenty of room for other cables to hang out. The same goes for the power cable if you rotate it away from the edges.
Awesome, thank you for the response! Not really planning on it for travel but more for use as a dust cover when not wiggling, good to hear there's a little give for a few cables that go between cases/power.

Warpus
Common Wiggler

Post by Warpus » Sat May 30, 2020 3:48 am

Does anyone know which type of 1/8" MIDI jack the Palette has? I need to get a replacement. Thanks!

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Sat May 30, 2020 8:00 am

They use Type A.
Current system:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/5549

FS/T: Goike Folding Case / Grayscale Panels.
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=229687

Warpus
Common Wiggler

Post by Warpus » Sun May 31, 2020 3:37 am

exper wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:00 am
They use Type A.
Thanks!

MarkSinister
Learning to Wiggle

Post by MarkSinister » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:09 pm

I had been wondering about how to transport my Palette case and I thought I would share my solution. Rather than purchase the Intellijel solution I got a Max Case MAX380H115 Black (with foam) for £46 from Protective Cases in the UK. The Max Case seems sturdy and the Palette case can be transported semi patched if Tendril type cables are used. However, the power supply and other cables have to go in another bag.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”