Intellijel Palette 4.5U Cases

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Post Reply
User avatar
Yaitw
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:47 pm
Location: Estonia

Post by Yaitw » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:19 am

Big fan of the latter two
Modular MPC and Drum machine.
expers setup is funnily the opposite of what I want (Monosynth+Dikitakt for drums)

User avatar
silkynight
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:31 pm
Location: ...
Contact:

Post by silkynight » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:56 pm

Here it is . All build and ready for travel fun.

Image
[/img]

Bigwerm
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:23 pm

Post by Bigwerm » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:00 pm

Does anyone have an idea of when the lids and bags for these cases will be available?

User avatar
Granny
Common Wiggler
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:33 pm
Location: Berlin

Post by Granny » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:14 pm

anybody managed to fit a doepfer wasp filter (45mm) in there?

User avatar
intellijel
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2060
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:39 pm
Location: Vancouver

Post by intellijel » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:08 pm

Bigwerm wrote:Does anyone have an idea of when the lids and bags for these cases will be available?
The lids are finally in our warehouse and just need to be put on the website this week. Bags will be done by October 25th but it will take a few weeks for them to arrive in Canada (by boat). I may air freight some of them so they are available sooner.

thanks for the patience!

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:25 pm
Location: Boston

Post by versipellis » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:16 pm

intellijel wrote:
Bigwerm wrote:Does anyone have an idea of when the lids and bags for these cases will be available?
The lids are finally in our warehouse and just need to be put on the website this week. Bags will be done by October 25th but it will take a few weeks for them to arrive in Canada (by boat). I may air freight some of them so they are available sooner.

thanks for the patience!
Any news on this yet?

User avatar
intellijel
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2060
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:39 pm
Location: Vancouver

Post by intellijel » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:22 pm

versipellis wrote:
intellijel wrote:
Bigwerm wrote:Does anyone have an idea of when the lids and bags for these cases will be available?
The lids are finally in our warehouse and just need to be put on the website this week. Bags will be done by October 25th but it will take a few weeks for them to arrive in Canada (by boat). I may air freight some of them so they are available sooner.

thanks for the patience!
Any news on this yet?
Yes the lids are on our site and shipping to retailers.
Palette Lids (at bottom of page)

Bags still on schedule to be done by Oct 28th but then I will have to figure out how many I air freight vs. send by boat.

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:25 pm
Location: Boston

Post by versipellis » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:35 pm

intellijel wrote:
versipellis wrote:
intellijel wrote:
Bigwerm wrote:Does anyone have an idea of when the lids and bags for these cases will be available?
The lids are finally in our warehouse and just need to be put on the website this week. Bags will be done by October 25th but it will take a few weeks for them to arrive in Canada (by boat). I may air freight some of them so they are available sooner.

thanks for the patience!
Any news on this yet?
Yes the lids are on our site and shipping to retailers.
Palette Lids (at bottom of page)

Bags still on schedule to be done by Oct 28th but then I will have to figure out how many I air freight vs. send by boat.
I.. did not expect such a beefy tall lid. Are there plans to release any smaller form factor lids for those of us who don't need to travel with cables patched? The picture looks like it more than doubles the height of the case.

User avatar
intellijel
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2060
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:39 pm
Location: Vancouver

Post by intellijel » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:45 pm

versipellis wrote:
intellijel wrote:
versipellis wrote:
intellijel wrote:
Bigwerm wrote:Does anyone have an idea of when the lids and bags for these cases will be available?
The lids are finally in our warehouse and just need to be put on the website this week. Bags will be done by October 25th but it will take a few weeks for them to arrive in Canada (by boat). I may air freight some of them so they are available sooner.

thanks for the patience!
Any news on this yet?
Yes the lids are on our site and shipping to retailers.
Palette Lids (at bottom of page)

Bags still on schedule to be done by Oct 28th but then I will have to figure out how many I air freight vs. send by boat.
I.. did not expect such a beefy tall lid. Are there plans to release any smaller form factor lids for those of us who don't need to travel with cables patched? The picture looks like it more than doubles the height of the case.
Lid is the same height as the Palette when installed. i.e. it doubles the size
A shallower lid would not be that much shorter if you consider modules that protrude like joysticks. The bags were also sized to accommodate the Palette + Lid so it all works as a system. I commute with this on a daily basis and it is a nice, portable size imho.

To get these made requires expensive tooling for a mold and a substantial MOQ. It is unfortunately not feasible for us to get two different sizes of lids + bags. We have assumed based on past customer feedback that the option to keep a system patched is preferential.



Image

User avatar
Ivo Ivanov
Sausage Wiggler
Posts: 1055
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:35 am
Contact:

Post by Ivo Ivanov » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:56 pm

This is merely and aside, based on browsing the thread;

I never understood why people insist on keeping things patched when transporting a case. Is it really that difficult to just redo the patch when you get to the destination? It has never been an issue in my experience - especially for a small portable case. :hmm:

Anyway that's just a random thought...

...nice work on these, Danjel!

User avatar
Crimesofthecrown
Common Wiggler
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:25 pm
Location: Santa Monica

Post by Crimesofthecrown » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:24 pm

Glitchmachines wrote:I never understood why people insist on keeping things patched when transporting a case. Is it really that difficult to just redo the patch when you get to the destination?
1. Some people don't want to memorize a patch.
2. Some people dont want to take the time to write it down.
GOD IS WAR - Curator of Hyper-Violent Industrial and Heavy Electronics


User avatar
Ivo Ivanov
Sausage Wiggler
Posts: 1055
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:35 am
Contact:

Post by Ivo Ivanov » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:32 pm

Crimesofthecrown wrote:
1. Some people don't want to memorize a patch.
2. Some people dont want to take the time to write it down.
Obviously, yes I get it. But it’s really not rocket science, especially in a +/- 60hp case.. just sayin’

User avatar
cliffemu
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 568
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:00 pm
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by cliffemu » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:00 pm

Image

This thing is a lot of fun. I've managed to build a glitch groove box.
Need that lid and bag!

User avatar
mrhooks
Common Wiggler
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:15 pm

Post by mrhooks » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:17 pm

Crimesofthecrown wrote:1. Some people don't want to memorize a patch.
2. Some people dont want to take the time to write it down.
That's what cell phone cameras are for.

joskery
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by joskery » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:12 am

Glitchmachines wrote:This is merely and aside, based on browsing the thread;

I never understood why people insist on keeping things patched when transporting a case. Is it really that difficult to just redo the patch when you get to the destination? It has never been an issue in my experience - especially for a small portable case. :hmm:

Anyway that's just a random thought...

...nice work on these, Danjel!
My .02 is that patching is really really fun. Except when you're doing it to try and recreate something you have had set up previously. then it's a trial-and-error snoozefest.

:)

User avatar
Ivo Ivanov
Sausage Wiggler
Posts: 1055
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:35 am
Contact:

Post by Ivo Ivanov » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:58 am

joskery wrote:
My .02 is that patching is really really fun. Except when you're doing it to try and recreate something you have had set up previously. then it's a trial-and-error snoozefest.

:)
I disagree about it being boring but I totally respect your perspective and I’m sure there are varying opinions on the subject based on what modular means to people (i.e. for some it’s just for fun, for some it’s a tool for work, for some it all happens spontaneously, for some deliberately, etc etc).

I tear down every patch I ever make before powering down the system - I believe that it has made me way better at patching and allowed me to get to know synthesis on a much deeper level. Then again I have friends whom leave a patch connected for months...

Anyway I guess I’ll answer my own question from above, concerning leaving a system patched; personal preference :sb:

User avatar
windchill
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:48 am

Post by windchill » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:28 am

mrhooks wrote:That's what cell phone cameras are for.
While it may be somewhat easier in a small Palette case. I learned a long time ago that photos are not the solution for capturing a patch:

Image

Image

User avatar
Crimesofthecrown
Common Wiggler
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:25 pm
Location: Santa Monica

Post by Crimesofthecrown » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:37 am

mrhooks wrote:
Crimesofthecrown wrote:1. Some people don't want to memorize a patch.
2. Some people dont want to take the time to write it down.
That's what cell phone cameras are for.
Amazing how even people don't want to take photos and undo their patches even.

However I enjoy the process of sitting down and writing a patch down and then having it always ready to access again at anytime.
GOD IS WAR - Curator of Hyper-Violent Industrial and Heavy Electronics


User avatar
mrhooks
Common Wiggler
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:15 pm

Post by mrhooks » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:21 pm

windchill wrote:
mrhooks wrote:That's what cell phone cameras are for.
While it may be somewhat easier in a small Palette case. I learned a long time ago that photos are not the solution for capturing a patch:
Is that a rack you travel with?

Regardless, you're assuming a single photo of the complete patch. Take multiple photos as you're removing the cables, so you can see the patch step-by-step or module-by-module, like an instruction manual.

(I'm not saying tall lids aren't a good thing, but it's possible to make do without one, even if you can't remember the patch and don't want to write it down. Taking multiple photos is more work than expected, but it's still easier and faster than writing.)

Nutritional Zero
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 2:57 am

Post by Nutritional Zero » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:35 pm

Crimesofthecrown wrote:
Glitchmachines wrote:I never understood why people insist on keeping things patched when transporting a case. Is it really that difficult to just redo the patch when you get to the destination?
1. Some people don't want to memorize a patch.
2. Some people dont want to take the time to write it down.
Uh yeah and some people travel directly from home or studio to a dark noisy venue where beers are being served. Even if I had hours to re-patch everything and re-test to confirm no accidental offsets had been introduced, why would I?

Intellijel got this 100% right.

User avatar
Crimesofthecrown
Common Wiggler
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:25 pm
Location: Santa Monica

Post by Crimesofthecrown » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:10 pm

Nutritional Zero wrote:
Crimesofthecrown wrote:
Glitchmachines wrote:I never understood why people insist on keeping things patched when transporting a case. Is it really that difficult to just redo the patch when you get to the destination?
1. Some people don't want to memorize a patch.
2. Some people dont want to take the time to write it down.
Uh yeah and some people travel directly from home or studio to a dark noisy venue where beers are being served. Even if I had hours to re-patch everything and re-test to confirm no accidental offsets had been introduced, why would I?

Intellijel got this 100% right.
I was answering Glitchmachines answer not talking to you.

BUT

Why are you talking to me like I've never done those things before like going straight from work/practice space to a venue? Do you know what its like to go on tour and do that whole thing? Enlighten me please because I might have forgotten about what its like to dedicate my life to playing music and touring the USA and Europe the past 5 years and inshallah Japan next year. I don't care what you do little homey because its not on my level, thats for damn sure.

Intellijel did kill it and I will be buying the lid and case because I'm going to need it for sure to go from my house to the airport to Japan in 2020.
GOD IS WAR - Curator of Hyper-Violent Industrial and Heavy Electronics


User avatar
bobbcorr
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:00 pm

Post by bobbcorr » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:41 pm

and inshallah Japan next year
Wow that would be great, I hope the tour works out and you have a great time.

User avatar
Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1479
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:17 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:42 pm

I think you guys were 100% in agreement but thanks for letting us know your music touring level.


Seriously thinking about getting one of these Palette to house my ER301 + a few choice modules as a travel setup. This + a fun little drum machine would be perfect.

User avatar
Orange
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 389
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:57 pm
Location: The Hague - Holland

Post by Orange » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Glitchmachines wrote:This is merely and aside, based on browsing the thread;

I never understood why people insist on keeping things patched when transporting a case. Is it really that difficult to just redo the patch when you get to the destination? It has never been an issue in my experience - especially for a small portable case. :hmm:

Anyway that's just a random thought...

...nice work on these, Danjel!
I don’t travel with it, but I do like a lid with this height for my modular.
I don’t have much time to wiggle, so when I am working on a track I keep the modular patched for a week or much longer.
‘Now and then’ I wiggle for an hour, it cost me too much time to patch and unpatch everything. I even can store the case in the meantime.
The case and lid are on my wishlist :75:
OTOH I get your point :tu:

joskery
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by joskery » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:05 pm

Glitchmachines wrote:
joskery wrote:
My .02 is that patching is really really fun. Except when you're doing it to try and recreate something you have had set up previously. then it's a trial-and-error snoozefest.

:)
I disagree about it being boring but I totally respect your perspective and I’m sure there are varying opinions on the subject based on what modular means to people (i.e. for some it’s just for fun, for some it’s a tool for work, for some it all happens spontaneously, for some deliberately, etc etc).

I tear down every patch I ever make before powering down the system - I believe that it has made me way better at patching and allowed me to get to know synthesis on a much deeper level. Then again I have friends whom leave a patch connected for months...

Anyway I guess I’ll answer my own question from above, concerning leaving a system patched; personal preference :sb:
Yeah, there's real value in tearing down. For me, the patch gets preserved only if I didn't manage to record something, and want to. Sorry for the OT, people :)

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”