Intellijel Quadrax

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Intellijel Quadrax

Post by kisielk » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:43 pm

@Dcramer technically it's possible but I'm not sure about the UI. Right now it relies on brightness, which is not great already, if there were 5 or 6 levels it might be too difficult to tell them apart? Will think about it, or if you have any suggestions ...
Intellijel R&D

Jopy
Common Wiggler

Post by Jopy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:08 pm

kisielk wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:43 pm
@Dcramer technically it's possible but I'm not sure about the UI. Right now it relies on brightness, which is not great already, if there were 5 or 6 levels it might be too difficult to tell them apart? Will think about it, or if you have any suggestions ...
Expander?

Probably not going to make any friends for myself by suggesting that, and I’ve no idea if it’s even possible, but a knobby little 4 hp unit for attenuverting the CV matrix would be so very convenient.

Karl_Joseph
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Karl_Joseph » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:26 pm

kisielk wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:43 pm
Just a suggestion but maybe "Der BLinkinLIghtz" for in between levels?

I have no problems with the 4 levels, it is what it is. Just a suggestion.
- KARL

kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kisielk » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:27 pm

Blinking is kind of ok for right after you change the level but it won't help much for seeing the current level of attenuation. An expander would be pretty big... there's 4 CV inputs, 4 channels, and 4 destinations per channel, so you'd need 64 attenuators :)
Intellijel R&D

Jopy
Common Wiggler

Post by Jopy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:17 pm

kisielk wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:27 pm
Blinking is kind of ok for right after you change the level but it won't help much for seeing the current level of attenuation. An expander would be pretty big... there's 4 CV inputs, 4 channels, and 4 destinations per channel, so you'd need 64 attenuators :)
Yeah, but with really small knobs... :hihi:

Seriously though, I was just thinking of the attenuators being pre-routed by all the other buttons so it would only replace the function of the push buttons for setting levels of attenuation for each parameter; in effect, that would only be four knobs (if such a thing is possible). I guess it would be endless encoders that pick up relative levels for each pot and that wouldn't give any immediate visual indication of levels.
Last edited by Jopy on Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dcramer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dcramer » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:24 am

:hihi: ya I figured it could be an issue with the knob brightness detectability being the issue. I’m pretty sure I could discern 6 different levels (I tend to step thru them and count) and I’m betting that using colours will foul things up? :hmm:

peachesandbacon
Common Wiggler

Post by peachesandbacon » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:45 am

Is it possible to get a stepped random cv out of Quadrax using the alt random lfo mode? Or will I need to patch it into a sample and hold?

tvparcable
Common Wiggler

Post by tvparcable » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:18 am

peachesandbacon wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:45 am
Is it possible to get a stepped random cv out of Quadrax using the alt random lfo mode? Or will I need to patch it into a sample and hold?
Just tried for you, I don't think it is possible without a s&h, there seems to be at least some slew in every combination of settings I just used with the alternate mode.

Karl_Joseph
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Karl_Joseph » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:09 am

kisielk wrote:
Rate of blinking would give you more levels and easier to see than just brightness. You could eliminate the brightness all together and just go with blink rate. Maybe a single short press to (incrementally) turn up the rate of blinking for CV amount and if possible a long press continually to turn it down.
- KARL

BlackBearDiner
Learning to Wiggle

Post by BlackBearDiner » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:37 pm

kisielk wrote:
Maybe already been suggested, but whatabout making a Qx type expander that is always in CV Assignment mode? Don’t know if it would work, but it could be the same size and form as the Qx but instead replace the outs with the same type of lit buttons that are on the Quadrax for each channel, with the same functions as in CV Assignment mode. So same functionality but just separated from all the button combos on the main module, which also would create a better view of what is going on in the matrix. I would buy it in an instant as I don’t use the matrix as much as I want to.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”