Superbooth 2019 hype/ new announcements thread.

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Hanz
Analogue Avenger

Post by Hanz » Wed May 08, 2019 5:33 pm

Three new modules from AJH Synth -> http://www.ajhsynth.com/Superbooth19.html
I really like the Precision Voltages module, seems to offer exactly what I need right now :)
A precision adder / substractor is always welcome, the dual octave and note shifting looks enticing and having a precision voltage reference for calibration duties is the icing on the cake!

The other modules are... interesting! (quite exotic, and very different than the somewhat conservative Minimod modules...)

Precision Voltages
Sometimes real precision is required with pitch control voltages - this module features a super accurate "Cal" output, which is accurate to <1mV over 20V, translates to one cent over 20 octaves! It is ideal for calibrating the scaling of VCO's, indeed we have been using our own version of this circuit to calibrate our own MiniMod VCO's for the last three years.

As well as being a precision voltage source it is also a very accurate voltage adder, it has two channels (A & B) and both full volts (octaves) or 1/12th volt increments (notes) can be either added to or subtracted from the incoming signal. Perfect for adding a voltage offset to the output of a sequencer or it can be used to add switchable octaves to a VCO which only has course and fine tunes controls.

It also has a "mix" output, which allows either A channel on its own, or with the three way toggle switch channel B can either be added to, or subtracted from channel B, and this is in addition to the addition and subtraction per channel mentioned earlier..

Dimensions: 10HP wide, 26mm Deep

Entropic Doom
This 14HP wide module is a voltage controlled noise based oscillator, or noisillator for short. It generates 1/f noise and this is then sent through a feedback loop which allows the noise to be "tuned" to varying degrees depending on the settings of the frequency and resonance controls, or incoming frequency or resonance CV's. The tuned circuit can be FM modulated too, for some thunderous sweeping sounds. We have bright and dark outputs, which are pre and post filter respectively. The Bright output will always have a degree of noise present in the signal, whereas the Dark output can be tuned noise only when 4 pole resonance is selected. We also have an external Sync input, which will reset the resonant waveform, and we also have an Audio input, so that an external signal can be mixed into the resonant loop. Combinations of external waveforms to these two inputs can create some massive drone sounds, or sweeping sync sounds.

There is also an XOR ring modulator, which can be used as a module in its own right too. Lastly, we have an XOR amplifier, which is another independant circuit that can be used to add noise and distortion to any audio signal.

Dimension: 14HP wide, 26mm Deep

Lunar Module
Here's a bit of fun for all fans of space missions from the previous century! This module is designed to re-create the ground to space and space to ground transissions from the Apollo era.

To be "Mission Control Houston" the Quindar PTT (push to talk) button adds a short 2,525Hz Qindar tone to the start of the transission, then at the end of the message the PTT button or switch is released and a short 2,475Hz Quindar tone is added to the audio. The bandwidth is slightly reduced in this mode.

For "Astronaut comms" we press the Capsule PTT switch, which allows us to add coloured noise, distortion, bandwidth reduction and either hum or LGM (Little green men space tone) noise to the audio signal. A deep space electret condenser mic is supplied and an be used with the MIC input.

Obviously the Lunar Module can also be used to add noise, hum, distortion, bandwidth reduction and LGM noise tone to any modular level audio too, and if the mic is left attached theremin like sounds can be added too with careful loudspeaker feedback.

Dimensions: 6HP wide, 26mm Deep
Last edited by Hanz on Wed May 08, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
“...I am merely a conduit, a kind of big hairy tool. I am just a plastic funnel connected to a Moog...”

spinalbeatz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by spinalbeatz » Wed May 08, 2019 5:35 pm

Polyend Anywhere sounds great!

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Wed May 08, 2019 5:42 pm

Bonus points for the intellijel version of a 1u dual vca, in that it has leds and summing.
Current system:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/5549

FS/T: Modules/Google Case/Grayscale Panels.
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=229687

Joe.
Wired for sound

Post by Joe. » Wed May 08, 2019 5:47 pm

Placid Mouse wrote:
Ruiner wrote:Exclusively at Superbooth :omg:

Attempt at circling the eurorack/brony demographic?
Unicorn Penis demographic.
Last edited by Joe. on Thu May 09, 2019 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

astrodislocate
Common Wiggler

Post by astrodislocate » Wed May 08, 2019 5:55 pm

Glad to see AJH taking some creative risks, but I'm also *very* confused about that Lunar module, especially since it says it's 6 hp when it appears to be the same size as the Entropic Doom

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Wed May 08, 2019 5:55 pm

exper wrote:Bonus points for the intellijel version of a 1u dual vca, in that it has leds and summing.
Agreed. We still don't know if the Shakmat is normalled... And the price difference between the two?

Ras Thavas
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Ras Thavas » Wed May 08, 2019 6:55 pm

And a whole line of touch strip controlled syncable modules from Sound-Machines-

https://www.sound-machines.it/cms/wp-co ... 8rq8yMVVB4

coolshirtdotjpg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by coolshirtdotjpg » Wed May 08, 2019 7:52 pm

astrodislocate wrote:Glad to see AJH taking some creative risks, but I'm also *very* confused about that Lunar module, especially since it says it's 6 hp when it appears to be the same size as the Entropic Doom
It looks fascinating. From what I've read its supposed to recreate the communications the apollo missions, so its some kind of lofi microphone processing. Depending on how it sounds, it could be the first module of there's that I go for.
New video for my track
Opening The Portal

coolshirtdotjpg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by coolshirtdotjpg » Wed May 08, 2019 7:53 pm

Ras Thavas wrote:And a whole line of touch strip controlled syncable modules from Sound-Machines-

https://www.sound-machines.it/cms/wp-co ... 8rq8yMVVB4
Wow! There is so much interesting stuff coming out this year. These modules look wild, especially the stereo distortion.
New video for my track
Opening The Portal

SlyFrank
Wiggling with Experience

Post by SlyFrank » Wed May 08, 2019 9:51 pm

<new modules from AJH Synth>

I was liking the initial description until I read that it only adds/subtracts octaves or semitones. What about if one doesn't want to do 12-TET? The Doepfer Precision Adder seems a better choice, unless I'm missing something...I get that the Doepfer doesn't add semitones, but there are 'cheap as chips' modules that can produce accurate semitones into the A-185-2 - o_C coming to mind..plus any other intervals besides semitones.

suboptimal
A Towering Mediocrity

Post by suboptimal » Wed May 08, 2019 10:13 pm

Pittsburgh's new instrument/module looks really rad. Nice snappy EGs.

nectarios
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by nectarios » Thu May 09, 2019 2:15 am

Placid Mouse wrote:
intellijel wrote: The 1U VCA and Octave Shifter are unfortunately almost identical to modules we already have on the way along with a bunch of other 1U modules.
I don't believe this is a bad thing, europe people can buy from Shakmat, NA peeps from Intellijel. It would make postage easier, believe me getting stuff from Belgium to West Coast NA took friggin ages :eek:
Exactly. Win-win.

propertyof
Wiggling with Experience

Post by propertyof » Thu May 09, 2019 4:25 am

I never thought before I’d want my XAOC in black, but damn those look really rad!

uebl
Wiggling with Experience

Post by uebl » Thu May 09, 2019 4:54 am

I'd still prefer them in their OG colorway. Could you try out the new effect modules, especially the clockable BBD-based delay?

-S.L-
Wiggling with Experience

Post by -S.L- » Thu May 09, 2019 4:56 am

kind of sick of the all black mlodule trend...

the XAOC looks 100 times better in classic grey. Only Instruo and Make noise have beautiful black modules. The others are just following like cheaps... :despair:

richc90
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by richc90 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:28 am

Verbos are showing a new version of the ATC at 10hp

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Thu May 09, 2019 6:21 am

Oh my . . . check out the serious eye candy interfaces on the new Instruo modules in action! :woah:

propertyof
Wiggling with Experience

Post by propertyof » Thu May 09, 2019 6:29 am

JohnLRice wrote:Oh my . . . check out the serious eye candy interfaces on the new Instruo modules in action! :woah:
:eek: :eek: :omg:

Crimesofthecrown
Common Wiggler

Post by Crimesofthecrown » Thu May 09, 2019 6:33 am

JohnLRice wrote:Oh my . . . check out the serious eye candy interfaces on the new Instruo modules in action! :woah:
Absolutely gorgeous.
GOD IS WAR - Curator of Hyper-Violent Industrial and Heavy Electronics

Ruiner
Common Wiggler

Post by Ruiner » Thu May 09, 2019 6:53 am

Make Noise Mimeophon: stereo, multi-zone, color audio repeater.

Grom
Common Wiggler

Post by Grom » Thu May 09, 2019 6:54 am

dunno if this has been posted .

Look at that damn sequencer :o

https://www.ericasynths.lv/news/superbo ... lKxKkDjYqY

Ruiner
Common Wiggler

Post by Ruiner » Thu May 09, 2019 6:59 am

Not at superbooth but.....

Gamechanger Audio electro magnetic synth

https://www.gamechangeraudio.com/motor-synth/

Hidden_Path
Common Wiggler

Post by Hidden_Path » Thu May 09, 2019 7:10 am

Grom wrote:dunno if this has been posted .

And that clockable stereo delay! Has all the features I've wanted in a euro delay for some time :sb:

Zerstorte Zelle
Common Wiggler

Post by Zerstorte Zelle » Thu May 09, 2019 8:03 am

Ruiner wrote:Make Noise Mimeophon: stereo, multi-zone, color audio repeater.

Pretty rad! Just got an Echophon of course but...

Looking forward to hearing more.

ggillon
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ggillon » Thu May 09, 2019 8:25 am

Grom wrote:dunno if this has been posted .

Finally! :nana:

Return to “Eurorack Modules”