Instruo Lúbadh stereo looper

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Puscha
Common Wiggler

Re: Instruo Lúbadh stereo looper

Post by Puscha » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:13 pm

pelang wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:51 am
possible small bug in 1.3: The left reel doesn't start automatically when in reverse mode after restart the system.

any news on the new firmware?
I wrote to Instruo recently. They are writing the v2 firmware from the ground up. It will be much much improved with some amazing new features. However since they are starting it from scratch it will likely take a while. Your patience will be worth it!

trickness
Veteran Wiggler

Post by trickness » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:19 pm

Puscha wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:13 pm
pelang wrote:
possible small bug in 1.3: The left reel doesn't start automatically when in reverse mode after restart the system.

I wrote to Instruo recently. They are writing the v2 firmware from the ground up. It will be much much improved with some amazing new features. However since they are starting it from scratch it will likely take a while. Your patience will be worth it!
That is awesome news. One thing I hope they change is the way that the start and the end of a loop interact as you adjust them. I wish I could just set start point, adjust the end point, and leave it consistent instead of them changing in relation to each other.

(Unless this is user error....I’m old :tu: )

Zijnzijn Zijnzijn!
Common Wiggler

Post by Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:38 pm

Puscha wrote:
pelang wrote:

Got any uh hints on those new features??

Puscha
Common Wiggler

Post by Puscha » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:46 am

Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:38 pm
Puscha wrote:
pelang wrote:

Got any uh hints on those new features??
Sorry, I promised not to share anything!

Johnnyfive
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Johnnyfive » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:27 am

Puscha wrote:
pelang wrote:

Interesting! One feature I would really like is the ability to erase the most recently recorded overdub (basically an undo button) - much like you can on pedal loopers and actually on the Arbhar. This would make it much more useful for me - I sent them an email requesting this but never heard back. As it is it’s a great module and I can’t complain at all, but if they are redeveloping the firmware from the ground up seems like a good opportunity to add it in.

thebrotherspus
Veteran Wiggler

Post by thebrotherspus » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:48 am

Johnnyfive wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:27 am
...One feature I would really like is the ability to erase the most recently recorded overdub (basically an undo button) - much like you can on pedal loopers and actually on the Arbhar. This would make it much more useful for me...
Yes, I would love this feature too. I hope they implement it.

windchill
Wiggling with Experience

Post by windchill » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:13 am

trickness wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:39 pm
...but man it is one of the flakiest modules I've ever owned...
I'm interested in the Lubadh but the quote above and a few other postings are a little concerning.
What's the current opinion of the Lubadh with the latest firmware?

trickness
Veteran Wiggler

Post by trickness » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:20 pm

windchill wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:13 am
trickness wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:39 pm
...but man it is one of the flakiest modules I've ever owned...
I'm interested in the Lubadh but the quote above and a few other postings are a little concerning.
What's the current opinion of the Lubadh with the latest firmware?
It’s flaky. Sometimes it doesn’t save when you shut down, sometimes it doesn’t delete when you press erase, and it can be noisy - like ground loop noisy if you aren’t smart about gain staging.

It’s also one of the most fun modules I have in my rack. If they could sort the firmware it would be legend.

batch
Collector of fine modules

Post by batch » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:37 pm

I have had no issues with Lubadh using current firmware so wonder if noise issues and the like might be power issues.

Excited to see what they might do with a v2 or the firmware. But as it stands, the module is tons of fun.
Monday Night Modular - a weekly virtual meetup @ 8pm PT

aphex2000
Common Wiggler

Post by aphex2000 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:13 am

Speaking of flaky Lubadh:
Mine has suddenly lost the ability to stay stable on a speed notch in my (primary use) left reel, e.g. when playing with the 1x speed light on, after some seconds it loses some speed and wobbles slightly (with intermittently blinking white light) without me going near the capacitive touch wheel.

Never had this issue in the first few months of use - while it was a bit tricky to dial in the speed is stayed there.
Could it be because of power supply issues? I have enough spare power but recently rearranged some power hungry modules in my rack. I would hate to have to turn off the capacitive touch functionality.

pelang
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pelang » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:35 am

Puscha wrote:
pelang wrote:

Interesting news ! I hope Instruo changes the fundamental behavior to record post-speed (like real reel to reel.) No more bouncing between the reels and Lubadh could be used as a stereo looper.
Last edited by pelang on Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sugarwolf
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Sugarwolf » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:07 am

I really want this module but I am definitely waiting to see if they fix all the problems before I buy it.

pelang
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pelang » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:23 am

delete

trickness
Veteran Wiggler

Post by trickness » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:29 am

batch wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:37 pm
I have had no issues with Lubadh using current firmware so wonder if noise issues and the like might be power issues.

Excited to see what they might do with a v2 or the firmware. But as it stands, the module is tons of fun.
I have Eskatonic power in my Needham, and also tried it in a TipTop Mantis, it's there in both. Other people have mentioned noise if you look back in the thread.

batch
Collector of fine modules

Post by batch » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:31 pm

Sorry you are having noise issues. Just trying to be helpful. I think I am pretty lucky that I haven’t encountered noise issues on any modules including a Lubadh (exception is the AJH Mega Phase which I sent back, fortunately just before they discontinued it for noise issues).

I do wonder whether some of my luck is because my home studio is on its own circuit, use a power conditioner and my bus boards also have separate 0V for each rail.
Monday Night Modular - a weekly virtual meetup @ 8pm PT

Neither
Common Wiggler

Post by Neither » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:02 pm

I've never had unexpected noise issues either. I'm using Pittshburg Modular's EP-360 power.

trickness
Veteran Wiggler

Post by trickness » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:42 pm

batch wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:31 pm
Sorry you are having noise issues. Just trying to be helpful. I think I am pretty lucky that I haven’t encountered noise issues on any modules including a Lubadh (exception is the AJH Mega Phase which I sent back, fortunately just before they discontinued it for noise issues).

I do wonder whether some of my luck is because my home studio is on its own circuit, use a power conditioner and my bus boards also have separate 0V for each rail.
No worries man - I can mostly work around it by watching levels & gain staging. No other issues with the dozens of other modules in my case.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”