Instruo Lúbadh stereo looper

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Johnnyfive
Common Wiggler

Re: Instruo Lúbadh stereo looper

Post by Johnnyfive » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:04 pm

Instruo just put up a 2hr long video on Lubadh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvj_MdCecaw

I haven't watched yet but should be useful!

Wubz
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Wubz » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:18 pm

Some good news in the sea of doom
Johnnyfive wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:04 pm
Instruo just put up a 2hr long video on Lubadh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvj_MdCecaw

I haven't watched yet but should be useful!

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:29 pm

Thanks. Been waiting for this.

Innerself2007
Common Wiggler

Post by Innerself2007 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:04 am

pelang wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:49 am
Innerself2007 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:05 am
Just to update everyone on the issue I was having with the Aux output, concerning noise and bleed. Jason reached out to me from Instruo with a fix just in case anyone runs into this.
There is a Bias trimmer on the back of the module that defines the cross points of the aux fader. I adjusted this trimmer and all my issues were resolved.
Again, excellent customer support. Jason is very responsive with quick answers to any questions you might have.
Really loving this module. I'm surprised this thread is as dead as it is. I also find that this is a great companion to the Arbar as well. Totally experimental city!
Hi,
I have the same issue. Could you point me to which trimmer and how it needs to be adjusted?

Thanks
Im not at the module at the moment but on the back there is a trimmer that is labeled "Bias", look for that and turn a bit with a screw driver.
I had power to the module and turned the trimmer a bit, tested and then repeated until everything sounded right. You will need a small screwdriver to adjust the trimmer. Hope this helps.

On another note, I did the latest firmware update last night and tested. Any small issues I had in the past are now gone, no more pops and clicks when changing start position. Great update! Everything is smooth as butter now.

cyclyk
Learning to Wiggle

Post by cyclyk » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:15 am

Innerself2007 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:04 am
pelang wrote:
Innerself2007 wrote:
Hi,
I have the same issue. Could you point me to which trimmer and how it needs to be adjusted?

Thanks
Im not at the module at the moment but on the back there is a trimmer that is labeled "Bias", look for that and turn a bit with a screw driver.
I had power to the module and turned the trimmer a bit, tested and then repeated until everything sounded right. You will need a small screwdriver to adjust the trimmer. Hope this helps.

On another note, I did the latest firmware update last night and tested. Any small issues I had in the past are now gone, no more pops and clicks when changing start position. Great update! Everything is smooth as butter now.
Same here, super update and the shift/speed trick is excellent!! Back to the great video

pelang
Common Wiggler

Post by pelang » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:17 am

Thanks, I will wait till Instruo comes back to me but I found the trimmer.

I had a bit of a rough start with Lubadh but after getting used to the architecture, the signal path, and the two tapes, it is a brilliant module!

Moving audio back and forth between the tapes is :hail: The sound quality as well the decay function sounds excellent.

And Lubadh and Arbhar doing very well together.

Innerself2007
Common Wiggler

Post by Innerself2007 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:32 am

cyclyk wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:15 am
Innerself2007 wrote:
pelang wrote:
Innerself2007 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Same here, super update and the shift/speed trick is excellent!! Back to the great video
Agreed, shift/speed trick is very useful. Still only halfway through the video. Curious what else I am missing

pelang
Common Wiggler

Post by pelang » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:01 pm

Innerself2007 wrote:
pelang wrote:
Innerself2007 wrote:
Just to update everyone on the issue I was having with the Aux output, concerning noise and bleed. Jason reached out to me from Instruo with a fix just in case anyone runs into this.
There is a Bias trimmer on the back of the module that defines the cross points of the aux fader. I adjusted this trimmer and all my issues were resolved.
Again, excellent customer support. Jason is very responsive with quick answers to any questions you might have.
Really loving this module. I'm surprised this thread is as dead as it is. I also find that this is a great companion to the Arbar as well. Totally experimental city!
Hi,

Thanks

No, the bias trimmer didn't work. The noise is still there (near the left side on both crossfaders and in the center) As well there is bleed-through and distortion of the signal when using the crossfader input/output. Using the same signal on the channels is fine. It feels like a heavy gain stage before the crossfade section, boosting and clipping the signal.
Can you run a test? sinus into the crossfader input (delete both loops), all input and output trimmers on zero and listen to the output crossfader, with both in the faders in the center?

Innerself2007
Common Wiggler

Post by Innerself2007 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:30 am

pelang wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:01 pm
Innerself2007 wrote:
pelang wrote:
Innerself2007 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

No, the bias trimmer didn't work. The noise is still there (near the left side on both crossfaders and in the center) As well there is bleed-through and distortion of the signal when using the crossfader input/output. Using the same signal on the channels is fine. It feels like a heavy gain stage before the crossfade section, boosting and clipping the signal.
Can you run a test? sinus into the crossfader input (delete both loops), all input and output trimmers on zero and listen to the output crossfader, with both in the faders in the center?
Hmm that's strange, did you try adjusting the trimmer while its powered on and testing in real time? That's what I did and eventually found the sweet spot with no noise or bleed. I'm not sure if I will get to my modular in the next few days but when I do I can try your test. Did Instruo ever get back to you?

pelang
Common Wiggler

Post by pelang » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:07 am

Yes, I adjusted with a sinus, oscilloscope and external CV. The bias is perfect but the input is distorted when the crossfade is in the center and the noise/clicks are still present with fader and CV.
Not a big deal but maybe interesting is that I need only +/-1V for external CV to reach the max left/right side.

Still waiting to hear back from instruo.

Innerself2007
Common Wiggler

Post by Innerself2007 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:06 pm

pelang wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:07 am
Yes, I adjusted with a sinus, oscilloscope and external CV. The bias is perfect but the input is distorted when the crossfade is in the center and the noise/clicks are still present with fader and CV.
Not a big deal but maybe interesting is that I need only +/-1V for external CV to reach the max left/right side.

Still waiting to hear back from instruo.
Ohh shoot OK, Instruo might have to chime in with that one, I was hoping the bias would help you since I was getting the noise issue as well. Have you updated the firmware? Curious if that helps.

pelang
Common Wiggler

Post by pelang » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:20 pm

Jason came back to me and it looks like a hardware problem in my unit....I already miss this Lubadh !

Wubz
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Wubz » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:13 pm

pelang wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:20 pm
Jason came back to me and it looks like a hardware problem in my unit....I already miss this Lubadh !
I've got bleed to, from right deck when crossfader is all the way left. Bias trimmer didn't work. Emailed Jason.

pelang
Common Wiggler

Post by pelang » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:24 am

If you just got the bleed it's easy to fix. The "bias" trimmer on the back is a multiturn trimmer. You need to turn it 3-7 times till you start to notice the shift.
But you may want to wait what Jason suggests.

fjoesz
Common Wiggler

Post by fjoesz » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:33 pm

ooooh firmware update :sb: :sb: :sb:

so no more clickyness? nice. Jason is a hero!
I use arbhars mic as input for lubadh a lot. I reaaaallly like lubadh's sound btw

stujay18
Learning to Wiggle

Post by stujay18 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:15 pm

Anyone know how to get balenaEtcher to recognize the SD card so I can update the firmware? My Mac sees the boot SD card no sweat. balenaEtcher does not. Yes I turned it all off and on again, etc. etc.

Also, what's the Instruo-labeled flash drive for on the back of the module? Thanks!

stujay18
Learning to Wiggle

Post by stujay18 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:25 pm

Figured out the SD/Balena issue, but still wondering what that flash drive is all about! I maaaaaaaay have initially put the new firmware on there. Feel free to mock me, it's ok.

pelang
Common Wiggler

Post by pelang » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:53 am

just to besure: the SD card is the small microSD, not the large one on the back of the module

obakegaku
Learning to Wiggle

Post by obakegaku » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:27 pm

stujay18 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:25 pm
Figured out the SD/Balena issue, but still wondering what that flash drive is all about! I maaaaaaaay have initially put the new firmware on there. Feel free to mock me, it's ok.
I wondered why the function skip wasn't working on mine! Had no idea there was a micro SD on the unit! What a numpty I am.

Wubz
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Wubz » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:07 pm

ummmm, I would never be so stupid as to do that.......yip, definetly not on the flash drive.....nope

obakegaku wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:27 pm
stujay18 wrote:
I wondered why the function skip wasn't working on mine! Had no idea there was a micro SD on the unit! What a numpty I am.

stujay18
Learning to Wiggle

Post by stujay18 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:24 pm

Wubz wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:07 pm
ummmm, I would never be so stupid as to do that.......yip, definetly not on the flash drive.....nope

We bow to your constant and unflagging genius!

I'll say that Jason's response was danged-near immediate, thorough, and helpful. For others having difficulty finding the SD card (it's rather well hidden!) and flashing onto the USB, note that there's no harm done. As Jason explained it, the flash drive is for future functionality. Simply re-format it to FAT32 or similar, and pop it right back in there. Instruo -- killing it on all levels.
obakegaku wrote:
stujay18 wrote:

Wubz
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Wubz » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:54 pm

Don't tell anyne but, I did do that. ssshhhhh
stujay18 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:24 pm
Wubz wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:07 pm

We bow to your constant and unflagging genius!

I'll say that Jason's response was danged-near immediate, thorough, and helpful. For others having difficulty finding the SD card (it's rather well hidden!) and flashing onto the USB, note that there's no harm done. As Jason explained it, the flash drive is for future functionality. Simply re-format it to FAT32 or similar, and pop it right back in there. Instruo -- killing it on all levels.
obakegaku wrote:
stujay18 wrote:

Return to “Eurorack Modules”