Instruo arbhar granular processor

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

rafyc
Common Wiggler

Re: Instruo arbhar granular processor

Post by rafyc » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:48 pm

Andy news for next batch ?

scragz
Common Wiggler

Post by scragz » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:03 pm

Some sites say May but who knows if that's accurate anymore.

Dob
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Dob » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:39 pm

Hovercraft wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:30 pm
Usually, the reverb included with the Arbhar is all I need--the verb is pretty lush, although it gets out of control fast.
That why I never really use it... Can't find the sweet spot. Mostly I put in channel 2 or 3 of Maths and try to dial in some useful amount of reverb. Mostly I don't succeed, it's either too little or way too much, as if it feeds back on itself?
Maybe it was not designed with static input in mind.
Has someone tried sending pings to it? Must try that.

What's the other jumper setting again... A delay? How's that one?

rafyc
Common Wiggler

Post by rafyc » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:12 pm

scragz wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:03 pm
Some sites say May but who knows if that's accurate anymore.
I have tried ans its Not accurate

rafyc
Common Wiggler

Post by rafyc » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:13 pm

Dob wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:39 pm
Hovercraft wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:30 pm
Usually, the reverb included with the Arbhar is all I need--the verb is pretty lush, although it gets out of control fast.
That why I never really use it... Can't find the sweet spot. Mostly I put in channel 2 or 3 of Maths and try to dial in some useful amount of reverb. Mostly I don't succeed, it's either too little or way too much, as if it feeds back on itself?
Maybe it was not designed with static input in mind.
Has someone tried sending pings to it? Must try that.

What's the other jumper setting again... A delay? How's that one?
Plan tu use my Strymon Big Sky with it.
It must be nice with a phaser

xxeyes
Learning to Wiggle

Post by xxeyes » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:08 am

Can someone tell me if the CV for the Scan input sums with the scan knob? This is how all the other inputs/knobs work, but the manual doesn't mention this for the Scan CV Input, for some reason.

xxeyes
Learning to Wiggle

Post by xxeyes » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:16 am

Granular wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:13 am

I'm not quite happy with the overall Sound Quality when I sample from my iPod into Arbhar. Could someone recommend me a Module to get Line Levels to Modular Level?

I see you also used Morphagene for this track. Morphagene can bring line level up to modular level, right? Could you just run your iPod through Morphagene to amplify the signal, then route it into Arbhar's buffers? I'm asking because I'm planning my first rack around these two modules and this is how I hope to get samples from my phone into Arbhar.

corbetta
Learning to Wiggle

Post by corbetta » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:29 am

xxeyes wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:08 am
Can someone tell me if the CV for the Scan input sums with the scan knob? This is how all the other inputs/knobs work, but the manual doesn't mention this for the Scan CV Input, for some reason.
It does. Because of the visual display you can use it as a rudimentary cv scope (if you keep spray at minimum)

xxeyes
Learning to Wiggle

Post by xxeyes » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:48 am

corbetta wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:29 am
xxeyes wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:08 am
It does. Because of the visual display you can use it as a rudimentary cv scope (if you keep spray at minimum)
Great, thanks! Interesting idea to use the display as a crude CV scope - that will come in handy.

Granular
Common Wiggler

Post by Granular » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:10 pm

xxeyes wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:16 am

I see you also used Morphagene for this track. Morphagene can bring line level up to modular level, right? Could you just run your iPod through Morphagene to amplify the signal, then route it into Arbhar's buffers? I'm asking because I'm planning my first rack around these two modules and this is how I hope to get samples from my phone into Arbhar.
Take a look on reddit :party:

rafyc
Common Wiggler

Post by rafyc » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:21 pm

any stock anywhere ? cant buy :(

scragz
Common Wiggler

Post by scragz » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:36 pm

rafyc wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:21 pm
any stock anywhere ? cant buy :(
I looked at every stockist and couldn't find any anywhere so I put in a pre-order at PC.

rafyc
Common Wiggler

Post by rafyc » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:44 pm

one passed juste few hour before i asked to the shop ... Time to wait the answer it was gone ...
What is PC ?

scragz
Common Wiggler

Post by scragz » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:49 pm

Perfect Circuit. They have the rare 10% off that also applies to preorders right now.

rafyc
Common Wiggler

Post by rafyc » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:42 pm

Nice 10% but im located in France

drxcm
Veteran Wiggler

Post by drxcm » Sat May 09, 2020 1:50 am

slexer wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:01 am
corbetta wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:59 pm
Is anyone actually getting random grain distribution on the CW side of the Intensity knob? It seems to me that the “trigger out” is always spitting out triggers at a regular rate determined by the intensity and length parameters, but it doesn’t really do bursts or irregular rhythms as far as I can tell.
You are correct, the current release version had settled to include a more 'measured' random approach, randomly modulating the grain amplitude. The latest firmware version, soon to be ready for release, will offer some additional user settings that allows to also have random time distribution and/or random grain amplitudes.
Oooh. Can’t wait for this firmware. Any news on when it might be available?

Granular
Common Wiggler

Post by Granular » Sat May 16, 2020 6:32 pm

I had some fun with the built in Microphone :miley:

joskery
Wiggling with Experience

Post by joskery » Tue May 19, 2020 7:57 am

EDIT: sorry, useless post.

adg672
Common Wiggler

Post by adg672 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:23 am

Anyone else getting triggers being dropped on the external input? Some Turing machine pulses not registered for example.

peachesandbacon
Learning to Wiggle

Post by peachesandbacon » Tue May 19, 2020 9:43 am

anton414 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:58 am
I'm currently building my rack around arbhar and one thing I can't figure out is what module to use for the mod input? It's a steady CV pulse signal? How do I find this, seems like it should be the easiest thing but I'm lost.
I use a 1U intellijel quadratt for this. I keep one output permanently hooked up to the mod input and it's a great way of controlling the level of reverb, or whatever you set the mod to. Although I dont find much use in the reverb past 12 o clock, it feels like the range needs adjusting in a future firmware update perhaps

nrg242
Common Wiggler

Post by nrg242 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:53 pm

adg672 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:23 am
Anyone else getting triggers being dropped on the external input? Some Turing machine pulses not registered for example.
i was having the same issue using triggers from my Sapel. below is my convo with Instruo about it:

ME: Lastly, is there a minimum trigger length for the Strike input? it doesn't respond to triggers from my Sapel but Planar and Marbles (even at shortest gate length), seem to work fine.

INSTRUO: Trigger length is a generally undefined standard in modular. Theoretically a trigger should be a unipolar positive pulse with effectively no duration. In practice it is becoming more common for a trigger to be anywhere from around 10ms up to 30 or 40ms. Digital modules are a reason for trigger’s requiring a slightly longer duration. Analogue modules will often respond immediately to a rising edge, but digital modules will always have some form of subroutine testing on a GPIO pin that is either scanning at a particular internal clock frequency, or utilising a hardware interrupt.
As you have experiences, some modules’ triggers are working as you’d expect where some do not. This will be a case by case situation. There are methods of elongating triggers where necessary. My Cèis envelope can function as a gate to trigger and trigger to gate utility for these exact cases.

gran_syth
Learning to Wiggle

Post by gran_syth » Wed May 20, 2020 1:01 pm

peachesandbacon wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:43 am
Although I dont find much use in the reverb past 12 o clock, it feels like the range needs adjusting in a future firmware update perhaps
I love how the sound of the endless reverb works to generate further drones and textures, so hopefully changes to the range would not interfere with this quality!

Dob
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Dob » Thu May 21, 2020 2:39 am

gran_syth wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:01 pm
I love how the sound of the endless reverb works to generate further drones and textures, so hopefully changes to the range would not interfere with this quality!
But it washes everything that Arbhar does away? It just doesn't seem to add anything complementarity to the rest of the package.

gran_syth
Learning to Wiggle

Post by gran_syth » Thu May 21, 2020 6:12 am

Dob wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:39 am
But it washes everything that Arbhar does away? It just doesn't seem to add anything complementarity to the rest of the package.
What I love doing is working with low intensity while modulating the reverb creating the reverb veil, with grains played from different layers. Then 'cross fading' into higher intensity granular textures when simultaneously reducing the reverb. Will try to do a video at some point when I managed to create a setup with more proper video/sound capture.

landmax
Common Wiggler

Post by landmax » Thu May 21, 2020 7:20 am

Loving the Arbhar. The track 'Like Heroes' is all Arbhar with a little Morphagene for the voice.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”