Instruo arbhar granular processor

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

corbetta
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Instruo arbhar granular processor

Post by corbetta » Thu May 21, 2020 9:15 am

Personally I love the reverb—both the wet-only implementation with negative voltages, for hazy, blurry, distant backdrops (not a huge fan of shimmer in general but it’s a nice option to have), and sending gates to the positive side to freeze bits of audio in the reverb without it getting out of hand.

Here’s some subtle wet-only arbhar verb:

And here’s some frozen/not frozen verb (this was done by riding an offset knob but it could be done with gates or envelopes too)

adg672
Common Wiggler

Post by adg672 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:33 am

Ok cool, thanks for that
nrg242 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:53 pm
adg672 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:23 am
Anyone else getting triggers being dropped on the external input? Some Turing machine pulses not registered for example.
i was having the same issue using triggers from my Sapel. below is my convo with Instruo about it:

ME: Lastly, is there a minimum trigger length for the Strike input? it doesn't respond to triggers from my Sapel but Planar and Marbles (even at shortest gate length), seem to work fine.

INSTRUO: Trigger length is a generally undefined standard in modular. Theoretically a trigger should be a unipolar positive pulse with effectively no duration. In practice it is becoming more common for a trigger to be anywhere from around 10ms up to 30 or 40ms. Digital modules are a reason for trigger’s requiring a slightly longer duration. Analogue modules will often respond immediately to a rising edge, but digital modules will always have some form of subroutine testing on a GPIO pin that is either scanning at a particular internal clock frequency, or utilising a hardware interrupt.
As you have experiences, some modules’ triggers are working as you’d expect where some do not. This will be a case by case situation. There are methods of elongating triggers where necessary. My Cèis envelope can function as a gate to trigger and trigger to gate utility for these exact cases.

xxeyes
Learning to Wiggle

Post by xxeyes » Sun May 24, 2020 6:47 pm

Return to “Eurorack Modules”