Instruo arbhar granular processor

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Bobbfett
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Instruo arbhar granular processor

Post by Bobbfett » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:37 pm

Ok, no more spam
Just wat to share, recorded birds from the radio, played through doepfer spring reverb, glass recorded with zoom h2n. Arbhar is amazing and the sample depth is great.

vailsy
Wiggling with Experience

Post by vailsy » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:08 pm

very nice, yes it's a great module

..would be nice if it were possible to play with longer samples with it but maybe a later version of the module. it's very well thought out. have fun

japes
Learning to Wiggle

Post by japes » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:43 pm

Anywhere in the states that has these in stock?

MARK27
Veteran Wiggler

Post by MARK27 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:49 pm

Short answer: No.

You can pre-order at Control, and there is one on Reverb that is obnoxiously overpriced, presumably to take advantage of the current low inventory.

But it is still a relatively new module and more will be made. You just might have to wait a couple months.

virtualpt
Common Wiggler

Post by virtualpt » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:19 pm

japes wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:43 pm
Signal Sounds in Glasgow, UK have them in stock & they fast ship to the US.

auditorycanvas
Common Wiggler

Post by auditorycanvas » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:35 am

virtualpt wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:19 pm
japes wrote:
I second that, I ordered my Cs-L from there, and it arrived from Glasgow to LA in two days, with very low shipping cost! Their customer service is excellent as well.

exmd
Common Wiggler

Post by exmd » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:19 am

I just want to say that the Arbhar is my favorite granular processor by far. I need some kind of CV foot control so I can trigger it to sample my piano recording. I have been doing this manually, but I think small foot control would be better.

Raindeer
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Raindeer » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:32 am

exmd wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:19 am
I just want to say that the Arbhar is my favorite granular processor by far. I need some kind of CV foot control so I can trigger it to sample my piano recording. I have been doing this manually, but I think small foot control would be better.
Have you tried using the onset control or timed gates to trigger audio capture?

HenryBurlingame
Wiggling with Experience

Post by HenryBurlingame » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:49 am

auditorycanvas wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:35 am
virtualpt wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:19 pm
japes wrote:
I second that, I ordered my Cs-L from there, and it arrived from Glasgow to LA in two days, with very low shipping cost! Their customer service is excellent as well.
Another big thumbs up for signal sounds! Prices are about the same (sometimes cheaper) than buying here in the states after vat is removed and shipping costs added. Shipping is also faster than ordering from the states somehow. I can order monday night and it is here wednesday. I order something from perfect circuit etc. and USPS or Fedex takes a week or more to deliver it.

They also have the best customer service! And if something is wrong with the module they send you a shipping label and customs form and it is just as easy to ship it back as it would be if you ordered from the states.
FS (US): Nothing: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=238432

corbetta
Common Wiggler

Post by corbetta » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:48 pm

exmd wrote:

I use the Koma Kommander for that purpose. You could use one sensor for gates and the other for continuous cv, but it’s hard not to trigger both at the same time when using your feet.

Wick
Common Wiggler

Post by Wick » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:43 pm

has anyone has issue with the arbhar? I turn up today on my case I cant hear the module ins or outs. the layers lights are spinning constantly and changing colors is the first time is happening on my arbhar since I got it in November
Last edited by Wick on Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

antonriehl
Common Wiggler

Post by antonriehl » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:39 am

Wick wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:43 pm
has anyone has issue with the arbhar? I turn up today onmy case I cant hear the module ins or outs. the layers lights are spining constantly and changing colors is the first time is happening on my arbhar since I got it in November
When I updated my firmware, I accidentally broke the SD card, and the behavior when I put it back was basically the same as what you are describing. Maybe check that the SD card hasn't accidentally come unseated, or update the firmware on the SD card.

pelang
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pelang » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:50 am

Would it make sense to have the pitch deviation scales customizable in the config.txt file ? Could be similar to morphogen or ER-102.

Zegobs
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Zegobs » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:24 am

pelang wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:50 am
Would it make sense to have the pitch deviation scales customizable in the config.txt file ? Could be similar to morphogen or ER-102.
I think It would be a great adding to the module.
I don't know if it can be as simple as that but it would be nice.

Wick
Common Wiggler

Post by Wick » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:20 am

antonriehl wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:39 am
Wick wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:43 pm
has anyone has issue with the arbhar? I turn up today onmy case I cant hear the module ins or outs. the layers lights are spining constantly and changing colors is the first time is happening on my arbhar since I got it in November
When I updated my firmware, I accidentally broke the SD card, and the behavior when I put it back was basically the same as what you are describing. Maybe check that the SD card hasn't accidentally come unseated, or update the firmware on the SD card.
thanks I contact Sebastian from instruo told me the exact same thing I did reset everything and reformat the sd card also refresh the firmware and now is working again thanks

pelang
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pelang » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:21 am

Is anyone missing the option to reduce the resolution for low-fi sounds and a possible increase of buffer and grain size? (like in FX Aid and yes Beads ; )
The MOD input would be perfect for that. Not sure if this is possible but would be a very nice feature.

closedLoop
Wiggling with Experience

Post by closedLoop » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:46 am

pelang wrote:
The pitch deviation is a really powerful feature of Arbhar. More control of this feature would be great. I frequently sequence the quantized pitch deviation, but it can be a little challenging to setup. Finding the raw CV voltage that corresponds with desired interval takes some listening.

Being able to specify or change the pitch intervals would definitely make it easier to sequence, and it would also be more generally more useful.

pelang
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pelang » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:17 am

closedLoop wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:46 am
pelang wrote:
The pitch deviation is a really powerful feature of Arbhar. More control of this feature would be great. I frequently sequence the quantized pitch deviation, but it can be a little challenging to setup. Finding the raw CV voltage that corresponds with desired interval takes some listening.

Being able to specify or change the pitch intervals would definitely make it easier to sequence, and it would also be more generally more useful.
Got a message from Sebastian that it is on the to-do list for future updates. Nice!

Zegobs
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Zegobs » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:42 am

that's great news!

pelang
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pelang » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:13 am

Just wondering: Suppose it would be possible, would I be the only one interested in expanding the buffer and grain size? I am trying to imagine how arbhar would change/sound if you could change in the config file the length/grain size (it would change the minimum grain size equally) by 2 / 4 / 8 times. How would that sound in x8 mode? buffer size 96sec and max. grain size 24 sec... messy? : )

cyclyk
Learning to Wiggle

Post by cyclyk » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:32 am

exmd wrote:
I'm using this now and it is just perfect for that (bonus, the design goes well with Instruo one)...

https://ritualelectronics.com/products/1u-pointeuse/

virtualpt
Common Wiggler

Post by virtualpt » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:14 pm

pelang wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:13 am
Just wondering: Suppose it would be possible, would I be the only one interested in expanding the buffer and grain size? I am trying to imagine how arbhar would change/sound if you could change in the config file the length/grain size (it would change the minimum grain size equally) by 2 / 4 / 8 times. How would that sound in x8 mode? buffer size 96sec and max. grain size 24 sec... messy? : )
I'm really happy with it as it is. I have a Bitbox for straight forward sampling duties & sample rate reducers/distortions/filters if I want to grunge it up. Also just got Beads if I want to go lofi/scorched earth :)

pelang
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pelang » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:58 pm

virtualpt wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:14 pm
pelang wrote:
I'm really happy with it as it is. I have a Bitbox for straight forward sampling duties & sample rate reducers/distortions/filters if I want to grunge it up. Also just got Beads if I want to go lofi/scorched earth :)
I meant without sample/bitrate reduction. I can't recall a module or program doing this (grain sizes up to 30-60 sec) with the same architecture as a granular module. I guess modifying a patch in Max/msp can be a good try-out.
I thought the new ADDAC 112 can do this but it's not clear at the moment.

corbetta
Common Wiggler

Post by corbetta » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:10 pm

pelang wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:58 pm
virtualpt wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:14 pm
pelang wrote:
I meant without sample/bitrate reduction. I can't recall a module or program doing this (grain sizes up to 30-60 sec) with the same architecture as a granular module. I guess modifying a patch in Max/msp can be a good try-out.
I thought the new ADDAC 112 can do this but it's not clear at the moment.
I doubt the current hardware architecture would support that without sample/bit reduction....unless perhaps you lose the multiple buffers and drastically reduce the max number of grains.

30s is not a "grain" though (even 100 ms is pushing it, so we're already "beyond" the theoretical field as things are)

mwvm
Ultra Wiggler

Post by mwvm » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:32 pm

Some metallic guitar waves.

So far a fab module. Up there with M4L stuff and borderlands I'd say.
I build DIY O_c, TU, uBraids etc... Get in touch!

https://www.instagram.com/mwvm_music/ Clips of blips

Return to “Eurorack Modules”