emitum thin and clean power case!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

plainjanefrancis
Common Wiggler

Re: emitum thin and clean power case!

Post by plainjanefrancis » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:22 pm

This case looks super nice. I'm a little disappointed about the power, however. It provides the same amount of power as 1 Intellijel Palette case. If I were to move from my two palette cases to this one, I'd still be over the power limit (not including my 1U rows) Now I'm trying to figure out if I should sell some of my digital modules to make this case work... :help:

mikmanner
Common Wiggler

Post by mikmanner » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:51 pm

I have this case its very good. The power I was concerned about but Jason at Signal Sounds contacted the guy who makes them and was told the real upper limit is 1700 not the advertised 1200 +12 I guess maybe it's less efficient past 1200? No idea. But I have been running it at about 1500 for a couple months and it's fine still super clean.
I make sounds and games // www.mgfm.space

plainjanefrancis
Common Wiggler

Post by plainjanefrancis » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:40 pm

mikmanner wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:51 pm
I have this case its very good. The power I was concerned about but Jason at Signal Sounds contacted the guy who makes them and was told the real upper limit is 1700 not the advertised 1200 +12 I guess maybe it's less efficient past 1200? No idea. But I have been running it at about 1500 for a couple months and it's fine still super clean.
Thanks for posting this info! That's great to hear. I just placed my order, so hopefully my setup will work as well (fingers crossed).

*update, I got an email from Frank of Emitum saying that the PSU actually can handle up to 2A+12v (max) and is stable at 1.8A

Return to “Eurorack Modules”