WARNING: Avoid Buy Try Keep Sell

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

LANDMIME!
Learning to Wiggle

WARNING: Avoid Buy Try Keep Sell

Post by LANDMIME! » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:11 pm

so don't deal with these a-holes. They treat customers like shit.

Jason D. DBA BOREDBRAIN) sold me a module on Reverb, shipped that 12HP module in a 6HP box from intellijel.
Poorly packed stuffed in this box for a 6hp Dixie--no other packaging.
So, I take only one star off for the shitty packaging.

then, no apology, or communication, he gives me shitty feedback.
It's "REVENGE" feedback.
Scum, like those at BoredBrain should be stopped.
Do not deal with these a-holes. Jason attacked, me, a customer.
Run!!
Last edited by LANDMIME! on Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe.
Wired for sound

Re: WARNING: Avoid BoredBrain

Post by Joe. » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:20 pm

LANDMIME! wrote:shipped that 12HP module in a 6HP box from intellijel
Run!!
I don't believe that. A 12hp faceplate with nothing behind it wouldn't fit in diagonally.

Sandrine
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sandrine » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:48 pm

Darn! I thought this was a thread on avoiding boredom!
I never have that problem EVER :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
How entertaining that would have been

maxwellravitz
Common Wiggler

Post by maxwellravitz » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:24 am

is this yelp? :hmm:

lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lisa » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:29 am

LANDMIME!: Was the module damaged or is the packning thing more a matter of principle to you?
You go too high too early! Although the pattern represents a variety of objects to many cultures - a plow, wagon, coffin, skunk, camel, shark, canoe, bushel, sickle, even a hog's jaw. If the date was a dance, it'd be a tango. It wasn't romantic. Rise, red as the dawn. Ungodly and full of digital dirt. Make Noise 0-coast and Soulsby Atmegatron heavy.

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:32 am

Joe. wrote:
I don't believe that. A 12hp faceplate with nothing behind it wouldn't fit in diagonally.
...and isnt that the reason he's complaining? much of the module is unprotected if you use such a box.
lisa wrote:LANDMIME!: Was the module damaged or is the packning thing more a matter of principle to you?
Like he said, he gave the buyer a bad review because he took one star off because of the awful packaging.. definitely very scummy behavior.

If they want full 5/5 reviews then they should take an extra minute to do proper packing and the problem is solved.

BlinkyLights
Veteran Wiggler

Post by BlinkyLights » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:36 am

The upside is - Buyer Ratings are generally useless and very few care.

So the revenge feedback you got, while complete bullshit, means nearly nothing, and certainly nothing of substance.

Still bullshit, though.

atrostor
Veteran Wiggler

Post by atrostor » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:20 am

BoredBrain’s seller feedback on Reverb seems to be 100% positive over the life time of their shop and it doesn’t look like they are selling any modules; just patch cables and mult boxes. Are you talking about the same shop?

lootacow
Common Wiggler

Post by lootacow » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:04 am

Boredbrain is awesome. I’m very much a fan of their work. Seems strange for them to have sent something with improper packing. I know them personally and can vouch that they do care for the gear. This may have just been a slip up

Alphaman
Common Wiggler

Post by Alphaman » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:18 am

what's so special about this "Reverb"? i have this stupid site on my Blacklist, just because the items that i already saw there by accident when i browse the internet for stuff, are way too expensive. anyways, i'm happy that i could get almost everthing on the german used market without buying gear from abroad. i simply mistrust them because of those kinds of reports. since more than 10 years of buying and selling over the internet, i honestly never had bad experience with scammers. except for one time, which was even a internationally known Berlin based online Shop. my first purchase there was the last time. i give them always bad reviews whenever i can. that's my sort of revenge, just to unleash my anger about this Bum-store^^

bc3
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bc3 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:08 am

Is this really the place for this? They do not even make eurorack modules (yet) so IMO your critique of your experience belongs on the platform you completed the transaction with them. :confused:

Sanys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Sanys » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:12 am

Alphaman wrote:what's so special about this "Reverb"? i have this stupid site on my Blacklist, just because the items that i already saw there by accident when i browse the internet for stuff, are way too expensive.
not always! i had good deals on reverb and it seems to be a better site than ebay for selling stuff internationally.

hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: WARNING: Avoid BoredBrain

Post by hawkfuzz » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:13 am

LANDMIME! wrote:so don't deal with these a-holes.
Jason D. DBA BOREDBRAIN) sold me a module on Reverb, shipped that 12HP module in a 6HP box from intellijel.
So, I take only one star off for the shitty packaging.

then, no apology, or communication, he gives me shitty feedback.
It's "REVENGE" feedback.
Scum, like those at BoredBrain should be stopped.
Do not deal with these a-holes. Jason attacked, me, a customer.
Run!!
They don't make eurorack modules so whatever experience you may have isn't reflective of their business. That doesn't seem smart on their part, but it has no effect on whether people should buy a Patchulator or Splix, because of a personal experience with someone of the business.

I'm in Richmond and one of my band mates has the Patchulator and has been able to get any issue resolved whenever he has one, which he did before they started making their own cables.

Have you tried contacting Reverb?
THUMPR BC SC

Yes Powder
Powder that makes you say "Yes"

Post by Yes Powder » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:25 pm

Do you have any pictures of how it arrived?
Without actually seeing it, I'm thinking that taking off a whole star just because you didn't like the packaging seems petty, tbh.
Extreme cases aside, I'm thinking as long as it arrived promptly and in good condition, that shouldn't matter.

2disbetter
Ultra Wiggler

Post by 2disbetter » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:21 pm

Yes Powder wrote:Do you have any pictures of how it arrived?
Without actually seeing it, I'm thinking that taking off a whole star just because you didn't like the packaging seems petty, tbh.
Extreme cases aside, I'm thinking as long as it arrived promptly and in good condition, that shouldn't matter.
Well yes, that and, that it is functional and working.

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:36 pm

Yes Powder wrote: I'm thinking as long as it arrived promptly and in good condition, that shouldn't matter.
Of course packaging matters. That the seller takes a chance like that is very irresponsible. That it happened to arrive safely does not matter, next time it might not, it's good to leave a warning to others + to the seller too.
Taking off 1 petty star because of poor packaging is hardly unjustified.

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:37 pm

I think the OP's main issue is they are upset that they received negative feedback for giving the seller negative feedback.

I'm not at all onboard with dragging this trivial feud into public here, but I guess I can see their point- it does indeed seem retaliatory, at least based on the information we've been given.
maybe you’d like to buy some nice used modules? Free cables with purchase!!

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=235367&p=3313562&h ... s#p3313562

mg05
Common Wiggler

Post by mg05 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:53 pm

Alphaman wrote: ... anyways, i'm happy that i could get almost everthing on the german used market without buying gear from abroad. i simply mistrust them because of those kinds of reports. since more than 10 years of buying and selling over the internet, i honestly never had bad experience with scammers. except for one time, which was even a internationally known Berlin based online Shop. my first purchase there was the last time. i give them always bad reviews whenever i can. that's my sort of revenge, just to unleash my anger about this Bum-store^^
It's all very subjective I made only good experiences at an internationally known Berlin based online Shop in contra I've already made some bad experiences (as good ones as well) at the Germany (online) used market.
Reverb gave me more the feeling of buying with safety but if it was coming to a real problem I think I will realise the feeling of safety with buying online used from individuals is only illusion.

Sometimes shines the sun sometimes it's raining...

I think just for having only one time bad experiences with buying music stuff raging out publicly is too much. One star rating feedback is evil enough for a seller.
Of course it's annoying. Of course it's sometimes a loss of money. Of course and so on.
But you're healthy no harm is done apart from the anger to yourself and no house is burned.

I would give yourself and the people another chance as you hear they are not known for bad behaviour.

In that case I would be very thankful for the warning.

Yes Powder
Powder that makes you say "Yes"

Post by Yes Powder » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:53 pm

2disbetter wrote:yes, that and, that it is functional and working.
I think “functional and working” falls within the purviews of “good condition”

2disbetter
Ultra Wiggler

Post by 2disbetter » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:22 pm

Yes Powder wrote:
2disbetter wrote:yes, that and, that it is functional and working.
I think “functional and working” falls within the purviews of “good condition”
Yeah. It does.

Don't know why when I read that earlier it didn't click then. I just felt like, if the module worked, and didn't show any signs of failing, that I would have gotten over the packaging. It just seemed like emphasizing the importance of the module working was paramount here.

I remember I got a uBraids once, and after specifically asking for it to be packed in a box, received it in a air bubble based bag. I was pretty pissed, but it worked fine, and wasn't damaged, so I got over it. I could have been a jerk and posted all over the place that this happened, but at the end of the day, mistakes happen, and it's not worth trying to destroy someone's business over.

I think in general people don't really think about what the consequences of their actions will mean or how they will affect someone else. They are usually blinded by how they've been affected, and can't see the contrast anywhere else. This applies of course to both sides of the party. Especially here, the revenge rating was uncalled for.

Nutritional Zero
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Nutritional Zero » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:54 pm

I feel like we’re missing part of the story here, or several parts. The OP’s tone is aggressive and a bit strong (randomly capitalized words are a big warning sign for me).

Maybe something additional occurred between buyer and seller, maybe something didn’t, but the module works fine and I’m sure we’ve all either a) not been as good as we liked about packaging for sale, or b) received something we weren’t crazy about the packaging. I think the mechanism of buyer/seller feedback is the correct mechanism for these cases!

Just wanted to add that Boredbrain patch cables—over multiple orders—are my favourite, not a single one has failed, and the ordering experience has always been great AND WELL PACKED FOR SHIPPING.

BaloErets
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BaloErets » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:38 pm

I'm very confused... below is a pic of the Dixie II 6hp box. There's no way a 12hp module is going to even attempt to fit into there.

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:45 pm

BaloErets wrote:I'm very confused... below is a pic of the Dixie II 6hp box. There's no way a 12hp module is going to even attempt to fit into there.
Where did he say it fitted inside the box?

If it could fit properly inside the box, then why would he complain in the first place? i take it it was half covered in the box, and then just wrapped up and shipped.

BaloErets
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BaloErets » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:57 pm

bemushroomed wrote:
BaloErets wrote:I'm very confused... below is a pic of the Dixie II 6hp box. There's no way a 12hp module is going to even attempt to fit into there.
Where did he say it fitted inside the box?

If it could fit properly inside the box, then why would he complain in the first place? i take it it was half covered in the box, and then just wrapped up and shipped.
LANDMIME! wrote:shipped that 12HP module in a 6HP box from intellijel.
My definition of "in" is precisely "in". You can be out, then partially in, then 1/2 way in, but once you're in, you are in :tu:

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:00 pm

I don't see how that would be poor packaging though. I guess the OP has to explain and possibly show pictures. A cat can sit in a box, that doesnt mean it's 100% covered :P in means just something is in it.
Last edited by bemushroomed on Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”