FX AID - multi audio effect module

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Post Reply
User avatar
aroom
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:27 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by aroom » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:29 am

bemushroomed wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:40 pm
The advantage with FX Aid is that it's clockable
Is it really clockable?

User avatar
bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2036
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:30 am
Location: Sweden

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by bemushroomed » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:14 am

aroom wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:29 am
bemushroomed wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:40 pm
The advantage with FX Aid is that it's clockable
Is it really clockable?
Yes, delays, even other stuff like flanger/phaser can be synced if i remember what was said earlier in the thread by Igor.

edit
Syncdelay is made. The first adjustable parameter is not used, CV is sent to it to get the sync. Second is Feedback and the third is divider:
Left --- 2 ----1.5------1------1---0.75---0.75--0.66--0.66--0.5---0.25
Right -1.66--1.125--0.75--0.66--0.66---0.5---0.5---0.4---0.33--0.166

If there is a better row of divide values – please let me know.

User avatar
igorrr
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 637
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am
Location: Ukraine

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by igorrr » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:40 am

Also “Delay Tap Tempo” is added.
The first control should be placed at zero point. CV to be routed to this first control.
Sending square way will force delay to sync to this square wave’s time – Left output, Right output is 1/8 faster for the cases where this stereo ping-pong is desirable. For all other cases mono in – left out is to be used.

TheMantle
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:49 am

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by TheMantle » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:49 am

Can somebody post a demo of some delays and reverbs with actual synth sounds? That would be amazing. :) I don't get why the official demos only use voice and guitar samples...

User avatar
igorrr
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 637
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am
Location: Ukraine

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by igorrr » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:35 am

Voice, guitars, pianos are good reverb demo sources and show “bad” reverb design sides. I have nothing to hide, so did the hard demos.
There is no reference in real life for the synth sound.
The current list of reverbs is already covering 99% of all the possible types. If you need some special reverb – please let me know.

User avatar
Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 5543
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: on a big voyage

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Funky40 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:54 pm

question to Igor vs. possible FX feature request:

the wet/dry control Knob:
is this a hardware thing, respectivly more important:
are the channels, 1+2 *allways* affected together ?
or could you create FX setups where the wet/dry control, -which seems to be a given/unchangeable thing-, would control only one channel ?



Reverb Demos:
agree on both: while Guitars and imho even more so Pianos are perfect to show a Reverbs quality as such,
would we look with synthsounds how the Reverb melts with the synthsound.
Funilly unperfect or quite simple Reverbs can be here totally winners too, see the MI "clouds" for example, while one might never use such Reverb on a Piano
For sale / reduced prices ( swiss (we are NON-EU)/ in case it makes sense_ EU/WW)(CHF +- = $):
WMD Geiger Counter: 180.- / Dotcom Q960: 700.- / Q119: 430 /
ATV A-Frame incl. Accu and Bag: 850.-, like new, quasi unused.

User avatar
igorrr
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 637
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am
Location: Ukraine

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by igorrr » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:16 pm

Dry/Wet is stereo only and fully analogue so can not be modified for separate L/R operation.

User avatar
denuir
Common Wiggler
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by denuir » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:55 pm

When and where will I be able to pick this up in the US? It sounds so excellent

User avatar
Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3786
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:16 pm
Location: Oslo
Contact:

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Daisuk » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:06 am

The reverbs on show in the FX Aid are hands down the best I've heard in eurorack. Really loving a lot of the delay and pitch shifter algos as well. Incredible work, Igor! :yay:

User avatar
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 9895
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:41 am
Location: Southern NJ

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by exper » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:47 am

shoottofill wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:35 am
sweet manual!

also, anyone in USA get their module yet? mine appears to have been in customs since 12/16/19, seems longer than it should, just wondering if its the holiday season.
Is yours still stuck with the same 12/16 last update as well?
Current system:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/5549
________________________________________

FS/T: Various Euro:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=221800

User avatar
igorrr
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 637
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am
Location: Ukraine

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by igorrr » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:54 am

It is now hard time for all eurorack distributors as they put all the cash into the stock. Thus some of them were not able to order FX AIDs. I hope to ship Analogue Haven somewhere next week plus 2-3 weeks to arrive.

There is added “Reverb Freeze” program, which is two reverbs, one is ordinary and the other can be freezed.
First control is the most complex:
0…0,5 is changing Decay Time for both reverbs, where 0.5 is the longest;
crossing the mid position (0.5) from left to right freezes one reverb, and adjusts Decay time for another, where 0.5 is max Decay and 1 is the shortest;
crossing the mid position (0.5) from right to left unfreezes that reverb with the Decay time according to 0,5…0 settings.

Second control is crossfade between freezed reverb and ordinary reverb.

Third control is Tone. This Tone is shaping the sound before reverbs, thus it is possible to freeze one reverb with rolled off HFs, return the Tone to mid position and play another reverb on top of it with bright HFs.
Please do not expect freezed reverb to stay the same for hours, due to some hardware limitations.

User avatar
nuttymad
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:28 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by nuttymad » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:54 pm

exper wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:47 am
shoottofill wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:35 am
sweet manual!

also, anyone in USA get their module yet? mine appears to have been in customs since 12/16/19, seems longer than it should, just wondering if its the holiday season.
Is yours still stuck with the same 12/16 last update as well?
Got this email from usps customer support today:


I regret learning of the inconvenience you have experienced.

After tracking this package it seems as though it did go through US Customs then Ukraine Customs then back into US Customs. My best guess to why is that there was something inside the package that they can not accept and are returning it. Unfourtantlly our office and any office on our level are not in contact with any Customs departments, but on the original customs receipt you received (not our white transaction receipt) there is a number for International Department with USPS that can get ahold of the right people to find out what's going on with your package. Give them a call and they will do everything they can and will update you with information they can dig up.

User avatar
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 9895
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:41 am
Location: Southern NJ

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by exper » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:18 pm

Good grief. That's not good.

I don't have a customs receipt or any other info outside of the tracking number that Igor provided. It's ridiculous that some went through and others aren't. It's like it is completely dependent on the mood or whim of whoever is inspecting the package.
Current system:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/5549
________________________________________

FS/T: Various Euro:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=221800

adaris
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:49 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by adaris » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:28 pm

exper wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:18 pm
Good grief. That's not good.

I don't have a customs receipt or any other info outside of the tracking number that Igor provided. It's ridiculous that some went through and others aren't. It's like it is completely dependent on the mood or whim of whoever is inspecting the package.
Yeah I'm in the same boat. If anyone gets any updates please post them - thanks in advance.

User avatar
reppiks
Obscure Intergalactic Destroyers!
Posts: 1907
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by reppiks » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:13 pm

Mine came a few days ago but I’ve been away so will get time this week to play with it...

Question: if you select less than 32 effects, will it just cycle through those, or will it still cycle through all 32 slots including the blanks? Does it even allow you to select less than 32?

User avatar
Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 5543
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: on a big voyage

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Funky40 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:40 pm

just a guess,
but much likely will you allways cycle thru 32 presets since the UI works anyway this way
For sale / reduced prices ( swiss (we are NON-EU)/ in case it makes sense_ EU/WW)(CHF +- = $):
WMD Geiger Counter: 180.- / Dotcom Q960: 700.- / Q119: 430 /
ATV A-Frame incl. Accu and Bag: 850.-, like new, quasi unused.

User avatar
thebrotherspus
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:36 pm
Location: Sarnia, Canada

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by thebrotherspus » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:03 pm

adaris wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:28 pm
exper wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:18 pm
Good grief. That's not good.

I don't have a customs receipt or any other info outside of the tracking number that Igor provided. It's ridiculous that some went through and others aren't. It's like it is completely dependent on the mood or whim of whoever is inspecting the package.
Yeah I'm in the same boat. If anyone gets any updates please post them - thanks in advance.
Same here. I'm in canada. Shipped on the 3rd of December and no updates whatsoever. No info with canada post at all.

User avatar
shoottofill
Common Wiggler
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:38 pm
Location: South Omaha
Contact:

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by shoottofill » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:43 pm

nuttymad wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:54 pm
exper wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:47 am
shoottofill wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:35 am
sweet manual!

also, anyone in USA get their module yet? mine appears to have been in customs since 12/16/19, seems longer than it should, just wondering if its the holiday season.
Is yours still stuck with the same 12/16 last update as well?
Got this email from usps customer support today:


I regret learning of the inconvenience you have experienced.

After tracking this package it seems as though it did go through US Customs then Ukraine Customs then back into US Customs. My best guess to why is that there was something inside the package that they can not accept and are returning it. Unfourtantlly our office and any office on our level are not in contact with any Customs departments, but on the original customs receipt you received (not our white transaction receipt) there is a number for International Department with USPS that can get ahold of the right people to find out what's going on with your package. Give them a call and they will do everything they can and will update you with information they can dig up.

I've got no updates since it went into customs on 12/16.
did you email USPS directly with the tracking number Igor gave?
Also, why would it go from us customs to Ukraine customs then back to US? I dont understand why it went back to Ukraine from US.

yrn1
Common Wiggler
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:31 am

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by yrn1 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:00 am

I have mine on order at SchneidersLaden since end of November, but they don’t seem to get any stock. Any news there?

User avatar
igorrr
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 637
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am
Location: Ukraine

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by igorrr » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:35 am

It will cycle through all 32 effects even if some program locations are left empty.
Canadian post is very slow, blocked access to their site from Ukraine (the whole ip range), so I need to use vpn.
There is no bouncing between customs like that reply says, it is stupid explanation and is not reflected by both posts tracking. Customs are not interested in those shipments at all, FX AID is not a replica of some fashion brand. With USPS there are too major tracking delays:
- initial scan, when the tracking only indicates the shipping date from Ukraine
- sorting delay, when there is no move for the shipment after the initial scan.

ronnieb
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:07 pm

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by ronnieb » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:25 am

yrn1 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:00 am
I have mine on order at SchneidersLaden since end of November, but they don’t seem to get any stock. Any news there?
Also curious as to when schneiders will have them :guinness:

User avatar
igorrr
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 637
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am
Location: Ukraine

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by igorrr » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:56 am

UPS tracking says about planned delivery to Schneiders tomorrow evening. I hope German customs will not delay it.

User avatar
BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2524
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:37 pm
Location: PHL USA

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by BananaPlug » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:31 am

Is there a demo of Reverb Spring?
Would it pass for a real spring reverb used in a moderate way (not crashing things around).

User avatar
nuttymad
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:28 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by nuttymad » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:35 am

shoottofill wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:43 pm
I've got no updates since it went into customs on 12/16.
did you email USPS directly with the tracking number Igor gave?
Also, why would it go from us customs to Ukraine customs then back to US? I dont understand why it went back to Ukraine from US.
I emailed them and called twice. Neither was helpful, they’ll just track it and tell you it’s stuck in customs and could take up to 2 weeks. Im not sure what customs receipt the usps email is referring to. So frustrating. I should’ve waited and ordered from a retailer.

User avatar
shoottofill
Common Wiggler
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:38 pm
Location: South Omaha
Contact:

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by shoottofill » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:01 am

nuttymad wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:35 am
shoottofill wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:43 pm
I've got no updates since it went into customs on 12/16.
did you email USPS directly with the tracking number Igor gave?
Also, why would it go from us customs to Ukraine customs then back to US? I dont understand why it went back to Ukraine from US.
I emailed them and called twice. Neither was helpful, they’ll just track it and tell you it’s stuck in customs and could take up to 2 weeks. Im not sure what customs receipt the usps email is referring to. So frustrating. I should’ve waited and ordered from a retailer.
not including xmas, mine would hit 2 weeks today. I will probably give it another week before i start trying to rattle some cages.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”