FX AID - multi audio effect module

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Post Reply
User avatar
brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2261
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:17 am

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by brandonlogic » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:33 pm

TheMantle wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:49 am
Can somebody post a demo of some delays and reverbs with actual synth sounds? That would be amazing. :) I don't get why the official demos only use voice and guitar samples...
ask and you shall receive.
a couple pitch shifting delays at the end too

User avatar
thebrotherspus
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:36 pm
Location: Sarnia, Canada

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by thebrotherspus » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:00 pm

shoottofill wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:01 am
nuttymad wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:35 am
shoottofill wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:43 pm
I've got no updates since it went into customs on 12/16.
did you email USPS directly with the tracking number Igor gave?
Also, why would it go from us customs to Ukraine customs then back to US? I dont understand why it went back to Ukraine from US.
I emailed them and called twice. Neither was helpful, they’ll just track it and tell you it’s stuck in customs and could take up to 2 weeks. Im not sure what customs receipt the usps email is referring to. So frustrating. I should’ve waited and ordered from a retailer.
not including xmas, mine would hit 2 weeks today. I will probably give it another week before i start trying to rattle some cages.
Mine showed up today. It was shipped on the 3rd, so took 4 weeks.
I'm gonna rack it up tonight and see how it sounds :party:

User avatar
nuttymad
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:28 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by nuttymad » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:45 pm

thebrotherspus wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:00 pm
Mine showed up today. It was shipped on the 3rd, so took 4 weeks.
I'm gonna rack it up tonight and see how it sounds :party:
Excellent! Did you tracking ever show it leaving the facility in NY?

User avatar
thebrotherspus
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:36 pm
Location: Sarnia, Canada

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by thebrotherspus » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:57 am

nuttymad wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:45 pm
thebrotherspus wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:00 pm
Mine showed up today. It was shipped on the 3rd, so took 4 weeks.
I'm gonna rack it up tonight and see how it sounds :party:
Excellent! Did you tracking ever show it leaving the facility in NY?
I'm actually in Canada. I got no updates whatsoever from canada post the entire time. I was starting to worry a bit, but I figured since it's the busy time of year I'd wait until the new year to look into it... then it just showed up this afternoon.
I just finished testing it out a few minutes ago- sounds great!

Granular
Common Wiggler
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: Switzerland (Bern)

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Granular » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:54 am

@brandonlogic

Great Video! Thanks!

The Effects really sound great. I will get one of these :mrgreen:

User avatar
Ras Thavas
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 757
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: Northbay, CA

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Ras Thavas » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:30 pm

@brandonlogic

Really nice video, perfect source material for auditioning reverbs.

The FX AID sounds great, Happy Nerding should deservedly sell a zillion of these.

User avatar
igorrr
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 637
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am
Location: Ukraine

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by igorrr » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:38 am

This Polygogo review features FX AID’s reverb

User avatar
Pighood
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1935
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Pighood » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:31 am

igorrr wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:38 am
This Polygogo review features FX AID’s reverb
:eek:
*phnert*

User avatar
igorrr
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 637
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am
Location: Ukraine

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by igorrr » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:31 am


User avatar
igorrr
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 637
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am
Location: Ukraine

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by igorrr » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:46 am

New reverb added, named “Reverb MI Clouds.” As the name suggests this is the same reverb as found in Mutable Instruments Clouds module.
Bonuses:
- added “Tone” control for variable low or high frequency damping. Original lows damping is achieved with Tone at around 10 o’clock mark.
- added “Predelay” control.
- output is 100 % wet, original has a lot of dry input mixed in.

User avatar
wanne
Common Wiggler
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:16 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by wanne » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:00 pm

@ igorrr

will schneiders have them in stock anytime soon :hmm:

User avatar
igorrr
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 637
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am
Location: Ukraine

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by igorrr » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:17 pm

Tracking says it is delivered on 30th December. Still marked as “coming soon”. I still have not received reply clarifying availability status.
Next run should be finished around mid-end February.
I know it is not good to tease with something not wildly available. But I should upload new completed effects without much delay, while I remember the subject effect’s nuances.

User avatar
Pighood
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1935
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Pighood » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:41 pm

Any US distributors?
*phnert*

User avatar
nuttymad
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:28 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by nuttymad » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:25 pm

Pighood wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:41 pm
Any US distributors?
A few days ago Igor said analog haven will have some shortly.

adaris
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:49 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by adaris » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:27 pm

For those who've been waiting on their modules to clear customs, the tracking on mine has finally been updated:

"Your item arrived at our USPS facility in QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER on January 4, 2020 at 1:23 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

Hopefully that means it's on the move again and will arrive next week.

User avatar
nuttymad
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:28 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by nuttymad » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:29 pm

nuttymad wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:25 pm
Pighood wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:41 pm
Any US distributors?
Igor said early that he is shipping some to analog haven in 2-3 weeks.

User avatar
nuttymad
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 10:28 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by nuttymad » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:34 pm

adaris wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:27 pm
For those who've been waiting on their modules to clear customs, the tracking on mine has finally been updated:

"Your item arrived at our USPS facility in QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER on January 4, 2020 at 1:23 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

Hopefully that means it's on the move again and will arrive next week.
Yes! I got this notification today, too! :party:

User avatar
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 9895
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:41 am
Location: Southern NJ

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by exper » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:10 pm

nuttymad wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:34 pm
adaris wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:27 pm
For those who've been waiting on their modules to clear customs, the tracking on mine has finally been updated:

"Your item arrived at our USPS facility in QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER on January 4, 2020 at 1:23 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

Hopefully that means it's on the move again and will arrive next week.
Yes! I got this notification today, too! :party:
Ha, same here. Finally.

Also, nice to see the json bank implementation on the FXAID Editor @Igor. Can't wait to finally have this thing!
Current system:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/5549
________________________________________

FS/T: Various Euro:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=221800

User avatar
ToddOMG
Common Wiggler
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:22 am
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by ToddOMG » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:28 pm

Buying one as soon as they’re available in US. AH is perfect.

User avatar
rayultine
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Memphis TN

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by rayultine » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:21 pm

I'm being a dunce with changing the onboard fx. I'm playing the wav from laptop internal soundcard. I get the error message at varying volume levels if I go straight from the soundcard. Ok, so intead I'll try going into MI Ears and then from the output of Ears into the FX Aid. If I use a stackable and monitor the wav file with a scope, I am getting the error flash right away when the signal is between -1 to +1 V, -.5 to +.5V, -.2 to +.2V, and so on until the signal appears to be too low to be resolved by the FX Aid.

It'd be nice if there was a LED pattern for success.

User avatar
VanEck
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2145
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:34 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA.
Contact:

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by VanEck » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:23 am

igorrr wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:46 am
New reverb added, named “Reverb MI Clouds.” As the name suggests this is the same reverb as found in Mutable Instruments Clouds module.
Bonuses:
- added “Tone” control for variable low or high frequency damping. Original lows damping is achieved with Tone at around 10 o’clock mark.
- added “Predelay” control.
- output is 100 % wet, original has a lot of dry input mixed in.
Awesome. I have a couple Clouds in my rig, and enjoy the verb from time to time, but lack of tonal controls typically resulting in me turning to my ZDSP instead. Also I love predelay controls on reverb, and many tend to lack that. Two thumbs up :tu:
DISHEVELED -- PROMETHEUS BURNING -- FOUR PI MOVEMENT

SysEx Dumpster podcast - modular, gear, and other garbage

User avatar
shoottofill
Common Wiggler
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:38 pm
Location: South Omaha
Contact:

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by shoottofill » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:50 am

nuttymad wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:34 pm
adaris wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:27 pm
For those who've been waiting on their modules to clear customs, the tracking on mine has finally been updated:

"Your item arrived at our USPS facility in QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER on January 4, 2020 at 1:23 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

Hopefully that means it's on the move again and will arrive next week.
Yes! I got this notification today, too! :party:
where did you see that notification?
on the https://track.ukrposhta.ua/ site mine still shows in customs.

adaris
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:49 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by adaris » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:03 pm

shoottofill wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:50 am
nuttymad wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:34 pm
adaris wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:27 pm
For those who've been waiting on their modules to clear customs, the tracking on mine has finally been updated:

"Your item arrived at our USPS facility in QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER on January 4, 2020 at 1:23 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

Hopefully that means it's on the move again and will arrive next week.
Yes! I got this notification today, too! :party:
where did you see that notification?
on the https://track.ukrposhta.ua/ site mine still shows in customs.
USPS tracking. Mine actually showed up today.

User avatar
shoottofill
Common Wiggler
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:38 pm
Location: South Omaha
Contact:

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by shoottofill » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:44 pm

adaris wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:03 pm
shoottofill wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:50 am
nuttymad wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:34 pm
adaris wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:27 pm
For those who've been waiting on their modules to clear customs, the tracking on mine has finally been updated:

"Your item arrived at our USPS facility in QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER on January 4, 2020 at 1:23 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

Hopefully that means it's on the move again and will arrive next week.
Yes! I got this notification today, too! :party:
where did you see that notification?
on the https://track.ukrposhta.ua/ site mine still shows in customs.
USPS tracking. Mine actually showed up today.
awesome!
how did you even get a usps tracking #?

adaris
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:49 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by adaris » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:06 pm

shoottofill wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:44 pm
adaris wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:03 pm
shoottofill wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:50 am
nuttymad wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:34 pm
adaris wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:27 pm
For those who've been waiting on their modules to clear customs, the tracking on mine has finally been updated:

"Your item arrived at our USPS facility in QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER on January 4, 2020 at 1:23 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

Hopefully that means it's on the move again and will arrive next week.
Yes! I got this notification today, too! :party:
where did you see that notification?
on the https://track.ukrposhta.ua/ site mine still shows in customs.
USPS tracking. Mine actually showed up today.
awesome!
how did you even get a usps tracking #?
It's actually the same tracking number, once the package gets to the states you can track it in the USPS system.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”