FX AID - multi audio effect module

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

joskery
Wiggling with Experience

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by joskery » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:58 pm

Have we talked about European availability yet? :)

scttcmpbll
Learning to Wiggle

Post by scttcmpbll » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:40 pm

So how do I get my hands on one of these in the US?

igorrr
Veteran Wiggler

Post by igorrr » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:59 am

US: the shipment was sent yesterday from NY to LA, so it depends on USPS how fast they can deliver it.
Europe: end of February is the current estimate.

scttcmpbll
Learning to Wiggle

Post by scttcmpbll » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:35 pm

igorrr wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:59 am
US: the shipment was sent yesterday from NY to LA, so it depends on USPS how fast they can deliver it.
What US shops will stock them?

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:56 pm

I think only Analogue Haven carries Happy Nerding.
Current system:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/5549

FS/T: Various Euro:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=221800

onurkalaycioglu
Veteran Wiggler

Post by onurkalaycioglu » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:16 pm

will Noisebug be getting any FX AIDs?
Żłób modules, pcbs, and kits available at:
http://zlobmodular.com/

My Eurorack compositions for vinyl "Tholins of Kharon" is out 11/23/19
http://zlobmodular.com/music/

Solo modular synth recordings using Buchla, Serge, and Eurorack:
https://onurzlobnicki.bandcamp.com/album/

Eps by my metal band
http://burningchurches.bandcamp.com/releases

Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:05 pm

joskery wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:58 pm
Have we talked about European availability yet? :)
for people in switzerland do i MUCH recommend to order direct at Happy Nerding !
PM me if you want to know more.
For sale / reduced prices ( swiss (we are NON-EU)/ in case it makes sense_ EU/WW)(CHF +- = $):
WMD Geiger Counter: 180.- / Dotcom Q960: 700.- / Q119: 430 /
ATV A-Frame incl. Accu and Bag: 850.-, like new, quasi unused.

igorrr
Veteran Wiggler

Post by igorrr » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:46 am

onurkalaycioglu wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:16 pm
will Noisebug be getting any FX AIDs?
May be not this time as the quantity is limited.

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by versipellis » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:49 am

igorrr wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:59 am
A bit of a bummer to have it shipped from east coast out west, then to have it shipped back east :|
tunes: https://www.soundcloud.com/dycedot
in boston? I run nights: https://www.facebook.com/4OTFEvents/
selling [Moog Sub Phatty, KMI K-Mix w/ MIDI expander, Erica Synths Bassline]: viewtopic.php?p=3142686

igorrr
Veteran Wiggler

Post by igorrr » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:27 am

Please be informed that most of the effects are updated for louder output.
So it is advised to regenerate your desired effects set and update your FX AIDs.

igorrr
Veteran Wiggler

Post by igorrr » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:32 pm

“Swap around” effects is now implemented: press and hold left mouse button to move the selected effect in the list.

reppiks
Obscure Intergalactic Destroyers!

Post by reppiks » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:52 pm

igorrr wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:32 pm
“Swap around” effects is now implemented: press and hold left mouse button to move the selected effect in the list.
Amazing, thank you so much for adding this!!

SavageMessiah
Common Wiggler

Post by SavageMessiah » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:58 pm

For fucks sake, Shawn from Analogue Haven emailed me that they got these in stock but it was a super small shipment and it sold out in < 10 minutes. I may have to go through the absurd process to actually send money to Igorr so that I can actually buy one of these damn things. I hope you're building a shitload of these man, because people sure as hell want to buy them, lol.

denuir
Common Wiggler

Post by denuir » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:06 pm

Yeah man...that was ridiculous. The scarcity of this thing is a real turn off. Perhaps I will look elsewhere for what the module provides.

OHEXOH
Common Wiggler

Post by OHEXOH » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:16 pm

SavageMessiah wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:58 pm
For fucks sake, Shawn from Analogue Haven emailed me that they got these in stock but it was a super small shipment and it sold out in < 10 minutes. I may have to go through the absurd process to actually send money to Igorr so that I can actually buy one of these damn things. I hope you're building a shitload of these man, because people sure as hell want to buy them, lol.
Ah crap. I literally have had the Happy Nerding page on Analogue Haven bookmarked and have been checking it every few hours for the past week hoping to get my hands on one. Looks like this great module will elude me.

Time to also look elsewhere for alternatives (Tiptop? The upcoming XAOC FX module?) any advice is very much welcomed. :help:
Gear for sale (Reverb): https://bit.ly/2Sb90oc

SavageMessiah
Common Wiggler

Post by SavageMessiah » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:30 pm

Apparently the next batch will be 'much bigger' so they should eventually be reasonable to acquire but I want one nooooooooow :omg:

denuir
Common Wiggler

Post by denuir » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:34 pm

I’m not convinced a “much bigger” batch will adequately meet demand. There were apparently over 60 emails received an AH just this week.

adaris
Wiggling with Experience

Post by adaris » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:15 pm

I'm interested in getting another one of these but at this point I guess I'm just glad I got one

NoLegs
Veteran Wiggler

Post by NoLegs » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:42 am

Wow I should’ve ordered direct, I was just waiting til AH had them in, been refreshing the page for weeks now and apparently I missed out.

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:23 am

SavageMessiah wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:58 pm
I hope you're building a shitload of these man, because people sure as hell want to buy them, lol.
It's probably no different from e.g Expert Sleepers.. small company, 1 man operation etc.. for ES stuff you often have to wait months for a new Batch.

...these things are not new to euroworld ;)

tdallas
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tdallas » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:52 am

I'm also waiting patiently and full of hope for them to appear in stock at Schneidersladen :zen: <insert meditating chronoblob here>
Last edited by tdallas on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ronnieb
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ronnieb » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:37 am

denuir wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:06 pm
Yeah man...that was ridiculous. The scarcity of this thing is a real turn off.
I'm not trying to start something here but even as a complete freshie to this world, this comment rubs me the wrong way. :foul:

Comments like this just come across as so entitled to me? Igor had a great idea, executed it basically flawlessly and has create a module that regardless of your preferences, is pretty damn desirable. And your surprised it's hard to get your hands on the very first run?

C'mon guys.. I want this just as much as everyone else (actually returned a milky way a few months back with this in mind as a direct replacement and have been drooling ever since) but I'm happy to hang on for another month to get my hands on one considering the absolutely stellar reviews and I'm even happier for Igor and the fact HN are absolutely killing it. Try appreciate the work that goes into this shit! :guinness:
Last edited by ronnieb on Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

southberry
Wiggling with Experience

Post by southberry » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:25 am

yep ... I will be patient and wait for my turn !!! like you I'm lurking on this module since I sent my Milky Way back to the dealer !!!!
never enough reverb :D

rayultine
Veteran Wiggler

Post by rayultine » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:07 am

ronnieb wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:37 am
denuir wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:06 pm
Yeah man...that was ridiculous. The scarcity of this thing is a real turn off.
I'm not trying to start something here but even as a complete freshie to this world, this comment rubs me the wrong way. :foul:

Comments like this just come across as so entitled to me? Igor had a great idea, executed it basically flawlessly and has create a module that regardless of your preferences, is pretty damn desirable. And your surprised it's hard to get your hands on the very first run?

C'mon guys.. I want this just as much as everyone else (actually returned a milky way a few months back with this in mind as a direct replacement and have been drooling ever since) but I'm happy to hang on for another month to get my hands on one considering the absolutely stellar reviews and I'm even happier for Igor and the fact HN are absolutely killing it. Try appreciate the work that goes into this shit! :guinness:
Ok, yeah I want to dogpile on this too. The module has only been publicly available since the last week of November. Igor is a one-man operation, living in a country where it is currently difficult to do international business.

The "absurd process" to get the module directly involves 1) contacting Igor with intent to purchase, 2) registering on for a Venmo-esque account (TransferWire), 3) wiring money to Igor, and then 4) de-registering for the website if you so please. Unlike many others on this site who had some legitimate worries for a bit there, I purchased the module from Igor before the holidays and was extremely lucky to avoid postal "radio silence" or customs issues. This module rules, and y'all need to chill.

denuir
Common Wiggler

Post by denuir » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:22 am

I can own this and agree. I expressed my dissatisfaction too quickly after I received the news. Igor’s module caught my attention because it sounds excellent and *is* a great idea. So, as best I can at this point, I retract my statement.
rayultine wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:07 am
ronnieb wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:37 am

Ok, yeah I want to dogpile on this too. The module has only been publicly available since the last week of November. Igor is a one-man operation, living in a country where it is currently difficult to do international business.

The "absurd process" to get the module directly involves 1) contacting Igor with intent to purchase, 2) registering on for a Venmo-esque account (TransferWire), 3) wiring money to Igor, and then 4) de-registering for the website if you so please. Unlike many others on this site who had some legitimate worries for a bit there, I purchased the module from Igor before the holidays and was extremely lucky to avoid postal "radio silence" or customs issues. This module rules, and y'all need to chill.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”