FX AID - multi audio effect module

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Lux A Turner
Common Wiggler

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Lux A Turner » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:57 pm

xcc wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:56 am
Got mine from Signal Sounds a few days ago. The only issue I have is that I immediately realize I’m going to need a second one.
Some of us knew that already, thus doubling the frustration at missing out :bang:

Artaos
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Artaos » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:04 pm

Could someone who has used either the BAM, or ZDSP with Valhalla halls, or ZVERB, comment on how the FX AID compares?
The BAM is the only reverb I have tried that has a really smooth and solid sound. Others often sound thinly digital to me in comparison. The Halls of Valhalla, and Eventide Space come very close. The ZVERB sound was too thin for me.
Since most rave about the FX AID, I’m curious if it can compare with an external box with more processing power. I’d love to have reverb in the rack, but don’t want to compromise on sound. Thanks for any insights!

rikrak
Common Wiggler

Post by rikrak » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:11 pm

Just curious - what is happening when a negative CV is sent into modulate the Sample Rate? Obviously a positive CV is reducing the Sample Rate - but what exactly am I hearing when I send in a negative signal?

Subtly modulating Sample Rate continues to be this modules USP for me - some great results!

zerodivide
Wiggling with Experience

Post by zerodivide » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:47 pm

got mine. cant believe how good it sounds. only tiny feedback is it doesnt seem to handle super loud signals that well without distorting but I just send it to a VCA and boost afterwards

zerodivide
Wiggling with Experience

Post by zerodivide » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:48 pm

Artaos wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:04 pm
Could someone who has used either the BAM, or ZDSP with Valhalla halls, or ZVERB, comment on how the FX AID compares?
The BAM is the only reverb I have tried that has a really smooth and solid sound. Others often sound thinly digital to me in comparison. The Halls of Valhalla, and Eventide Space come very close. The ZVERB sound was too thin for me.
Since most rave about the FX AID, I’m curious if it can compare with an external box with more processing power. I’d love to have reverb in the rack, but don’t want to compromise on sound. Thanks for any insights!
i cant compare it those but I can compare it to Valhalla reverb the vst and my strymon bigs ky pedal and it matches them in quality. no chance you will be disappointed by the sound quality. plus insane amount of algorithms

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:46 am

Igor, can the web editor run offline if stored into the browser cache? Stand alone application perhaps?

igorrr
Veteran Wiggler

Post by igorrr » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:56 am

Nagative CV, if applied to the Sample Rate, increases it up to 1,5 times. So it can be used to make some programs to sound brighter if needed.
Sorry, no offline operation and standalone application - will be checking this possibility.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:00 am

Well if you need, considering the world crisis, I can and have time to build a stand-alone application.

Mr. Aloud
Common Wiggler

Post by Mr. Aloud » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:19 am

I second that. Otherwise one has to create all sorts of program combos now with no chance to change their order, then have multiple config files on backup. I have seen too many web based apps vanish over time to rely on availability of something cloud hosted.

Maybe it´s possible to have another mode where every single program is a small soundfile, so we don´t have to bulk transfer, but can do little chunks. We can pick a storage slot on FX AID and load just a single algorithm to just a single place. But I guess it is not that easy.
I´m happy when it rains - for if I´m not happy, it rains as well.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:02 pm

Been working on this today... mainly got the UI working (minus some icons, fonts). Just need the backend assets ;)
Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 3.00.32 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:09 pm

this is probably a good example of the Happy Nerding FX aid reverb, using it it heavily in this patch to create the ambiance. only one of the voices/melodies (the one that comes in around 0:20) is going through it. its just THAT LUSH sounding!

rikrak
Common Wiggler

Post by rikrak » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:07 am

igorrr wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:56 am
Nagative CV, if applied to the Sample Rate, increases it up to 1,5 times. So it can be used to make some programs to sound brighter if needed.
Interesting - yes it sounds brighter - as I say, modulating very slightly gives fantastic results!

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by versipellis » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:36 am

brandonlogic wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:09 pm
this is probably a good example of the Happy Nerding FX aid reverb, using it it heavily in this patch to create the ambiance. only one of the voices/melodies (the one that comes in around 0:20) is going through it. its just THAT LUSH sounding!

That is indeed *very* lush. Is the voice a drone? Which reverb was that?

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:59 am

versipellis wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:36 am

That is indeed *very* lush. Is the voice a drone? Which reverb was that?
yeah it is the Reverb Black Hole mode
i find myself using that and Black Cloud most often
Last edited by brandonlogic on Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

acidbob
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by acidbob » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:03 am

cackland wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:02 pm
Been working on this today... mainly got the UI working (minus some icons, fonts). Just need the backend assets ;)

Looks great 8-)

BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BananaPlug » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:45 am

Interesting (enjoyable too) but personally I think there’s way too much of that suffocating reverb in the world. For me the test is whether it can sound like spring reverb used in a restrained way. Second test would be a plate sound but again, not soaking wet, just adding a bit of flavor and some “hang time.” No what I mean?

YellowBlood
Common Wiggler

Post by YellowBlood » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:53 am

Any idea when these might be in stock at some retailers?
Great Deals: Zerosum Inertia, governor blacksnake, ear ear, Muff Wiggler, Metasonix, thermionicjunky, felix, ClausF, MickGordon, jkhoward, SewerBadger, xtrmnt, aasmodular, MoogProDG, SunSpots, mome rath, CalvaryBand

igorrr
Veteran Wiggler

Post by igorrr » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:58 am

Analogue Haven is shipped and may stock it in around two weeks depending on the current delivery speed. Schneidersladen got the shipment two days ago.

pelang
Common Wiggler

Post by pelang » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:07 am

Did you ship any to Switzerland?

igorrr
Veteran Wiggler

Post by igorrr » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:15 am

No. Please understand it is hard to provide the requested amounts to all distributors under all these issues.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:49 am

acidbob wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:03 am
cackland wrote:

Looks great 8-)
Thanks. Obviously if the dev isn’t ok with providing the necessary components, it’s not going to work. So that’s up to him.

Igorrr, if you have a stand-alone application already planned I’ll leave that up to you, otherwise happy to complete this.
Last edited by cackland on Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

tdallas
Common Wiggler

Post by tdallas » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:52 am

igorrr wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:58 am
Schneidersladen got the shipment two days ago.
That is a little bit strange :hmm: Schneidersladen told me 10 minutes ago by phone, that they havn't received any new FX AIDs till now and the waiting list is still untouched. Maybe the modules are just not included in the system yet. The hope to get one of those beauties is strong :party:

tdallas
Common Wiggler

Post by tdallas » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:06 pm

cackland wrote:
Been working on this today... mainly got the UI working (minus some icons, fonts).
This is very nice :-) I have not received a FX AID yet, but a +1 from my side for a standalone version of the application, if that might be possible somewhere in the future :yay:

acidbob
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by acidbob » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:21 pm

I am also on the waiting list from schneiders, but given how schneiders waiting list works, well then it doesnt work. First to pay first to grab is my experience

tdallas
Common Wiggler

Post by tdallas » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:32 pm

acidbob wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:21 pm
I am also on the waiting list from schneiders, but given how schneiders waiting list works, well then it doesnt work. First to pay first to grab is my experience
Thanks for the info :-) It‘s my first time on a Schneiders waiting list and they already have a :75: confirmation for this module. But I‘m not in a hurry (<- this is not true).

Return to “Eurorack Modules”