FX AID - multi audio effect module

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

Post Reply
oliodnb
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:54 am
Location: Italy

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by oliodnb » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:09 am

That was fast... it was my only day off since last week so the only day where I'm not sitting in front of a computer for 9 hours. Checked MW at 9 Pm and they were gone.
Next Batch?

User avatar
pieter
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1660
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:59 pm
Location: UK

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by pieter » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:20 am

Iridite wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:01 am
Hey there - this was from the latest batch, they just arrived at Signal Sounds yesterday but we got cleared out in less than 12 hours, crazy!
Given the enthusiasm for this module, I anticipated that it would go fast again. When Igor mentioned here that there was a batch on its way to Signal Sounds, I pinned a tab with the FX Aid page in my browser and refreshed (at least) once a day. Can't wait to play with it!

vizor81
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:41 pm
Location: Zurich

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by vizor81 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:45 am

Igorrr, have you ever thought about sublicensing your algos for XAOC‘s upcoming Timiszoara?
Or maybe collaborate with them?

I would love to have your effects (and continuous additions!) in a larger module with a high resolution display!

I have brought up this idea some time ago in the thread for Timiszoara - perhaps a joint venture would be of interest?


Disclaimer:
Again, I would like to emphasize that my suggestion is made only with the best intentions. Don‘t want to insult anybody nor imply anything negative about Happy Nerding nor XAOC Devices. Love both module manufacturers!
In the other discussion my „what if“ out-of-the-box thinking seemed to insult/trigger some random people...

User avatar
igorrr
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am
Location: Ukraine

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by igorrr » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:51 am

The only thing I can focus on now is to provide the requested amounts of FX AIDs to the distributors, any other plans should be delayed.

oliodnb
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:54 am
Location: Italy

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by oliodnb » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:15 am

igorrr wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:51 am
The only thing I can focus on now is to provide the requested amounts of FX AIDs to the distributors, any other plans should be delayed.
Yes please!

User avatar
mkasthe
Common Wiggler
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:35 pm
Location: New York City

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by mkasthe » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:50 am

igorrr wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:51 am
The only thing I can focus on now is to provide the requested amounts of FX AIDs to the distributors, any other plans should be delayed.
Man that's a great problem to have...keep up the awesome work on this module!

I managed to snag 2 from Analogue Haven a couple weeks ago...this thing ROCKS!
Made in Italy and exported to NYC
Instagram: The Analog Kid

Iridite
Common Wiggler
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Glasgow

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Iridite » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:10 am

I just listed a few more on the Signal Sounds site in Black

cheers

Jason

User avatar
Liddlepud
Awfully Common Wiggler
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:28 pm
Location: Up me own arse

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Liddlepud » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:43 am

Iridite wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:10 am
I just listed a few more on the Signal Sounds site in Black

cheers

Jason
Just ordered :tu:

User avatar
Franktree
Common Wiggler
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:06 pm

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Franktree » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:11 am

Liddlepud wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:43 am
Iridite wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:10 am
I just listed a few more on the Signal Sounds site in Black

cheers

Jason
Just ordered :tu:
Ditto. I bought one from Analogue Haven a while back, so this will be my second (they're so useful!). Interestingly, with the exchange rate and shipping etc, it is pretty much exactly the same price I paid from Analogue Haven after shipping/taxes. And that makes some sense, since I'm on the east coast (of the US), so am probably about as far from Santa Monica as I am from Glasgow.

vizor81
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:41 pm
Location: Zurich

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by vizor81 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:11 pm

Iridite wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:10 am
I just listed a few more on the Signal Sounds site in Black
Thank you Jason!
Ordered!
A 8 month wait time has finally ended...
igorrr wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:51 am
The only thing I can focus on now is to provide the requested amounts of FX AIDs to the distributors, any other plans should be delayed.
Bless you Igorrr for being such a responsive person and great module manufacturer!
My small travel case will finally receive the FX Aid.
Would still buy one or two larger FX Aids in the body of Timiszoara (or whatever might be a good fit in the future) for my larger rig.

User avatar
mosorensen
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by mosorensen » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:33 pm

and ... gone

Eurocat
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:27 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Eurocat » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:37 pm

I thought I read somewhere that lofi junkie was going to be making its way to this module. Is this true? Wow that would be so cool! I was going to buy a lofi junkie but I’ll hold off I guess.

User avatar
MikeLeeBirds
Common Wiggler
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:59 am

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by MikeLeeBirds » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Eurocat wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:37 pm
I thought I read somewhere that lofi junkie was going to be making its way to this module. Is this true? Wow that would be so cool! I was going to buy a lofi junkie but I’ll hold off I guess.
That would be very cool indeed!

User avatar
tdallas
Common Wiggler
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:55 am
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by tdallas » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:47 am

Eurocat wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:37 pm
I thought I read somewhere that lofi junkie was going to be making its way to this module. Is this true? Wow that would be so cool! I was going to buy a lofi junkie but I’ll hold off I guess.
Yes, it seems so. Igor has mentioned the effect here -> Follow me :hihi:

Exit Chamber
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:21 pm

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Exit Chamber » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:48 pm

Got mine this morning, what a fantastic little module :mrgreen: Going to spend some time this evening setting up the effects I really want.

One request for consideration if/when further effects are being developed, any chance of a Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water type effect?

User avatar
Franktree
Common Wiggler
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:06 pm

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Franktree » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:51 am

Franktree wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:11 am
Liddlepud wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:43 am
Iridite wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:10 am
I just listed a few more on the Signal Sounds site in Black

cheers

Jason
Just ordered :tu:
Ditto. I bought one from Analogue Haven a while back, so this will be my second (they're so useful!). Interestingly, with the exchange rate and shipping etc, it is pretty much exactly the same price I paid from Analogue Haven after shipping/taxes. And that makes some sense, since I'm on the east coast (of the US), so am probably about as far from Santa Monica as I am from Glasgow.
Wow. Bought from Signal Sounds on Tuesday, received the module this morning (Thurs). That is far faster shipping than I get from basically anywhere in the States, and this was an international shipment. Very impressed.

User avatar
Tonefloat01
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:06 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Tonefloat01 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:37 am

Same, I couldn’t believe how fast getting something from Scotland was over something from the USA... :hmm:
The space you occupy determines the time that you live in.

User avatar
acidbob
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2710
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:48 am
Location: Denmark

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by acidbob » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:39 am

I just want to chime in and say, I loooooooooooooove this module so much. Thank you

User avatar
vasculator
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 728
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:39 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by vasculator » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:51 am

Franktree wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:51 am
Franktree wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:11 am
Liddlepud wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:43 am
Iridite wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:10 am
I just listed a few more on the Signal Sounds site in Black

cheers

Jason
Just ordered :tu:
Ditto. I bought one from Analogue Haven a while back, so this will be my second (they're so useful!). Interestingly, with the exchange rate and shipping etc, it is pretty much exactly the same price I paid from Analogue Haven after shipping/taxes. And that makes some sense, since I'm on the east coast (of the US), so am probably about as far from Santa Monica as I am from Glasgow.
Wow. Bought from Signal Sounds on Tuesday, received the module this morning (Thurs). That is far faster shipping than I get from basically anywhere in the States, and this was an international shipment. Very impressed.
i'm still stunned by the shipping. Glasgow to Pittsburgh in under 48 hours for a decent price. They're on the list for any future purchases now.

Also...this module is incredible. So much high quality sound out of 4hp!!!
SysEx Dumpster podcast - modular, gear, and other garbage

User avatar
mdoudoroff
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:10 am
Location: New York City

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by mdoudoroff » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:38 am

Same here—48 hours from Glasgow to NJ. Amazing.

A+ Signal Sounds and FedEx

User avatar
Kattefjaes
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:47 am
Location: UK

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Kattefjaes » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:06 pm

igorrr wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:51 am
The only thing I can focus on now is to provide the requested amounts of FX AIDs to the distributors, any other plans should be delayed.
Yep, right now that's how you win friends and influence people right now, for sure!

(Happy PanMix user here.. I love being able to make sounds fly around my head with a bit of modulation :hihi: )

Edit:

Yep, Signal Sounds are solid. Jason's really good to deal with, too. Had a few bits from there, totally recommended.

User avatar
pieter
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1660
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:59 pm
Location: UK

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by pieter » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:21 pm

Wow, those US testimonials make 24 hours from Glasgow to Sheffield... slow? :party:

Seriously, A+ for Signal Sounds, and A+ for the FX Aid. My expectations were high, and fully met!

User avatar
bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2465
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:30 am
Location: Sweden

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by bemushroomed » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:32 pm

Getting mine tomorrow. FedEx is a little slower now than last year when i used Signal Sounds.

So which has been your favorite presets?

User avatar
xcc
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:37 am
Location: TX

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by xcc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:27 pm

bemushroomed wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:32 pm
Getting mine tomorrow. FedEx is a little slower now than last year when i used Signal Sounds.

So which has been your favorite presets?
I have two, and one of them has been stuck on Clouds for a while now. Worth the price alone for that one.

User avatar
bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2465
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:30 am
Location: Sweden

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by bemushroomed » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:30 pm

xcc wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:27 pm
bemushroomed wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:32 pm
Getting mine tomorrow. FedEx is a little slower now than last year when i used Signal Sounds.

So which has been your favorite presets?
I have two, and one of them has been stuck on Clouds for a while now. Worth the price alone for that one.
Cool :)

I read that the sample rate is something in the 30'ish range, do you all up it to 44 (whatever the highest is).. i don't get why the default is lower than what's possible.. on e.g clouds i think it makes a huge difference when you change the sample rate to be the highest, it's directly audible to me when i've forgotten to raise it.
Also, does it save this setting?
Last edited by bemushroomed on Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”