Synth Tech e520 Hyperion Stereo Audio Processor

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Synth Tech e520 Hyperion Stereo Audio Processor

Post by starthief » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:20 pm

In my experience all the services are pretty random.

Sometimes USPS will send your packages 1500 miles in the wrong direction first, and sometimes they'll ping-pong between the two nearest post offices for 8 days before it gets into a carrier's truck. And sometimes a "priority 3-day" package will arrive in one day.

Sometimes DHL packages will arrive almost before they have shipped. Sometimes they will settle down and raise a family in some other country. Sometimes they will rot for two weeks in customs, finally clear it, and then get sent back to the shipper without any explanation.

UPS usually seems to be on time, but:

-- If it's an $800 synth with "signature required" they will leave it on the sidewalk in the rain, with a hole in the box, and forget to update the tracking info.
-- If it's a $3 part, they will leave a "sorry we missed you" sticky note on your front door without knocking, even though you were sitting in the living room at the time, and then you'll have to go to some random auto parts store of their choosing to pick it up... where you won't actually have to sign for it anyway.
-- Or they will mark "we will redeliver tomorrow" when you know you're not going to be home tomorrow, and then try to charge you $5 to pick it up at a UPS location instead.

And Amazon? If it's not already sitting on your doorstep before you close your browser, they will mark the item "delivered" two days before actually delivering it... to your neighbor across the street.

studio460
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by studio460 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:33 am

That was funny! I've had UPS/FedEx leave $3,000 synths on my porch with no signature, even when one was required. I just read the last page. I can't believe I just missed the ordering deadline. I only entered the hobby last week! Oh, well, I guess I can wait for the regular production run. Very excited for this product as Paul's other modules are best-in-class!

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:18 pm

i just received mine, excited to test some stuff out. i cant seem to find something i kind of presumed... is there a way to have shared controls between left and right? specifically for feedback and wet/dry

maybe i spoke too soon, i think you can set it in the p2 page for feedback? still on the hunt for wet/dry though

Struggle
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Struggle » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:07 pm

Mine arrived yesterday as well! Spent some time playing my Erebus through the chowder, prime and multi tap algorithms. They sound great and I’m excited to learn how everything works. I’m also impressed with how useful and tasteful the presets are..great starting points!

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:18 pm

im very impressed with it. its not what i was expecting, but even better. the spectral delay and drone is my favorite so far. at first i had trouble understanding things and id say to just keep the feedback levels down low to help. the sound of this module overall is just very hi-fi. stereo field is fantastic. very happy with it.

i think i have a lot of feature requests and ideas forming but ill take some time to learn it better before posting anything. not that i expect it, but ill say if Midi sync was ever somehow available on this thing it would make it very convenient as a standalone device

CaneMan
Wiggling with Experience

Post by CaneMan » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:59 am

I've had mine for just about a week now, and I feel like I've just scratched the surface. Between the sound, the knobs, and the delightfully intuitive user interface, I couldn't be happier.

Combined with the Morpheus and FX AID, the Hyperion is pushing me to ask how I can make my modular more stereo. I have so many questions with few ideas on where to go. Time for an outboard mixer, I guess. I hate going outboard because it makes my synth so much less pack-and-go, but I'm not ready to commit to a mixer in-rack.

paults
mice nuts

Post by paults » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:06 am

Thanks to everyone for commenting on the E520. We gladly accept user suggestions and comments! Some of them the HW is limited, and some will be just not possible (MIDI anything).

However, lots of what you are seeing now came from our 12 beta testers, so make up those lists!

As far as the backlog goes: as of today I have 76 more to ship. My last shipping day of the year is Dec. 20th. I'll do my best to ship as many as possible.

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:31 am

thanks Paul thats pretty awesome you are so accepting of ideas for your product.

here is an idea i have....

i had a lot of fun connecting a SawUp LFO to the time parameter in Granular Pitch Algo as a live granular kind of sound but i found i was having a lot of fun deep in the LFO page toying with the lfo cycle time. I would suggest maybe a version of this Algo that ditches the pitch parameters, and brings a couple controls of an installed SawUp LFO to the surface, and maybe has an option to use the Sync input to reset the LFO and/or for it to be sync’d to the clock cycle

paults
mice nuts

Post by paults » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:36 pm

Confirmation emails have been sent to all people, using the PayPal address when the order was placed. The following people I have not heard back from. If I do not hear from you by this Friday, you WILL be pushed to mid-Jan shipping. Period.
Dave Scherzinger
Shane Sorbello
Richard D. Wilson
'Siren Section' (no name given, which I MUST HAVE)
shawn c rudiman
Paul Copeland
Chad Kistler
Anthony Denaro
Jason Ledbetter
chris ashbrook
Macharia Dawkins-rose
Matthew Kennedy

Even if the information in the confirmation email I sent was correct, you still need to TELL ME.
If you are non-USA, I MUST HAVE a current phone number.
If you have a PO Box and want it to go there, that is fine, you still MUST TELL ME

Please email me at my Yahoo address, which is found on the Home Page of my site.

kaleidic
Learning to Wiggle

Post by kaleidic » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:17 pm

CaneMan wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:59 am
I've had mine for just about a week now, and I feel like I've just scratched the surface. Between the sound, the knobs, and the delightfully intuitive user interface, I couldn't be happier.

Combined with the Morpheus and FX AID, the Hyperion is pushing me to ask how I can make my modular more stereo. I have so many questions with few ideas on where to go. Time for an outboard mixer, I guess. I hate going outboard because it makes my synth so much less pack-and-go, but I'm not ready to commit to a mixer in-rack.
I love mine, too.

I’ve moved recently to a much more stereo-oriented modular. I already have been using an outboard mixer, and as I add stereo I mainly am keeping it in the rack until a stereo mix goes out to that mixer. (I combine other synths at the outboard mixer.) My main in-rack mixer is currently Befaco STMIX. It lets me mix five stereo signals in 6 hp.

T

lumena
Common Wiggler

Post by lumena » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:19 am

I recently have gotten my e520 and I have a question.

Is there a way to trigger the looper via control voltage? Just tapping on the "tap tempo" button to record is fine but sometimes my hands are busy and it would be nice to be able to voltage control the loop.

CaneMan
Wiggling with Experience

Post by CaneMan » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:05 pm

lumena wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:19 am
I recently have gotten my e520 and I have a question.

Is there a way to trigger the looper via control voltage? Just tapping on the "tap tempo" button to record is fine but sometimes my hands are busy and it would be nice to be able to voltage control the loop.
I believe the "Sync In" input is the same as "tap tempo".

nodog
Wiggling with Experience

Post by nodog » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:38 pm

CaneMan wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:05 pm

I believe the "Sync In" input is the same as "tap tempo".
That's my experience also. Very cool to use rythmic patterns to freeze/unfreeze FX this way.

emeb
Common Wiggler

Post by emeb » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:06 am

CaneMan and nodog are correct - the Sync In jack will behave just like the Tap Tempo button in the Looper algo, so a pulse on that input will advance the state.

This is true for most E520 algorithms, although for those where it's actually setting tempo the Sync In can be divided down by the ratio setting on the Prefs page.

lumena
Common Wiggler

Post by lumena » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:48 pm

Great! I will work with it this weekend. Thanks to all🚀🚀🚀

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:22 am

No one has this one in stock - I reckon the latest batch of them are sold out? Any idea when new units will be made available? :)

robotfunk
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotfunk » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:25 am

Has it ever been in stock anywhere? I thought this project was still in the phase of fulfilling preorders.

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:15 am

robotfunk wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:25 am
Has it ever been in stock anywhere? I thought this project was still in the phase of fulfilling preorders.
I have no idea. That might be true! I haven't really been following it too closely.

analogbrainsurgeon
Learning to Wiggle

Post by analogbrainsurgeon » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:17 am

Paul posted on facebook that he's finishing the last few pre-orders and then sending the first retail batch to dealers, so E520 should be in stores soon.

Chaklack
Common Wiggler

Post by Chaklack » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:01 am

I just got one of these used and boy do I love it. Is this the best place to follow for more updates or presets / algorithms or is this it?

Also - is this done with updates for the most part? Or is there expectation of further algorithms (even if I have to pay for them, I would)

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:36 am

analogbrainsurgeon wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:17 am
Paul posted on facebook that he's finishing the last few pre-orders and then sending the first retail batch to dealers, so E520 should be in stores soon.
Nice, thanks for the info. :)

studio460
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by studio460 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:11 am

That’s great news! Is that a recent post or the one from a few weeks ago? Also what is the name of Paul’s Facebook page? I couldn’t find it. Thanks!

analogbrainsurgeon
Learning to Wiggle

Post by analogbrainsurgeon » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:42 pm

studio460 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:11 am
That’s great news! Is that a recent post or the one from a few weeks ago? Also what is the name of Paul’s Facebook page? I couldn’t find it. Thanks!
A recent post, from earlier this month, but he posted another update three days ago. The group name is SynthTech Modular.

blitit
Common Wiggler

Post by blitit » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:36 pm

I have mine and i love it, its probably the only fx unit i´ll have. A second unit would be awesome.
Here are a couple of videos i made with it

And i made two albums with heavy use of the e520

NEW EURORACK EP at blit.bandcamp.com

studio460
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by studio460 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:34 pm

Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:42 pm
A recent post, from earlier this month, but he posted another update three days ago. The group name is SynthTech Modular.
Thanks! Found it! Just requested to join.
blitit wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:36 pm
I have mine and i love it, its probably the only fx unit i´ll have . . .
Cool! Yeah, I have deliberately not purchased any modular effects-units in anticipation of getting an E520. Thanks for demos! Will listen now . . .

Return to “Eurorack Modules”