Endorphines 6HP

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

jox2000
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Endorphines 6HP

Post by jox2000 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:08 pm

interesting, I have zero noise issues with the squawk filter - wether digital noise nor distortion. I tried it in two cases (one with a 4ms row power and one with a constant lab strong pwr). I didn't mess with the trimmers... - in comparison with the unfiltered raw sound direct into the following vca - I think it adds a hair of gain, but no distortion. I didn't measure anything and maybe don't have the best ears.

shaun
Learning to Wiggle

Post by shaun » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:20 pm

My Milky Way is affected by this as well even after the firmware update.

It's clearly audible when it's the only thing plugged in and...it's pretty bad. It reminds me of the noises I hear inside an airplane, so it's ironic they use terms like cabin pressure ;)

However, when I am jamming, it gets masked really well and I don't notice it. :despair:

I'm within the return period still but I am actually leaning towards keeping it because like someone posted earlier it's more like a distortion unit to me and i'm pleasantly surprised by it.

I have the Squawk Dirty as well and it's noisy too but acceptable to me. Nowhere near as bad as the Milky Way. I probably would not have noticed it but I was looking for it because of the Milky Way. This is in my Intellijel 7U 104HP in case anyone is wondering what power supply I am using.

Honestly, depending on how they handle the next stage of firmware will determine if I ever buy another Endorphin.es product in the future.

chem101
Learning to Wiggle

Post by chem101 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:20 pm

I ordered a Milky Way around 2 weeks ago and just got it into the rack to start playing. SUPER noisy. Not even usable for me, really. Hopefully Perfect Circuit will let me return it because this thing kinda sucks tbh.

pablowdadon
Learning to Wiggle

Post by pablowdadon » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:26 am

Anybody has experience with these modules and Frap Tools power?

dantapes
Learning to Wiggle

Post by dantapes » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:13 am

So after reading all those comments about squawk filter I decided it is still worth a try..
Build quality, design, whole concept: 10/10. EXACTLY what I was looking for + even more (build in hi pass filter is super handy). but that noise was HORRIBLE. what a joke. returned immediately.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”