Endorphines 6HP

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

mrsoup
1-Post Wiggler

Post by mrsoup » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:18 pm

Noise on mine too...real shame

southberry
Wiggling with Experience

Post by southberry » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:53 pm

Wubz wrote:Hi all, I have a milky way and there is a definite whine, layered over noise hiss but it's not very loud. How are you all measuring the loudness. Ableton Specrum Analyser says it peaks around -86db. What do you consider unacceptable?
Ableton Spectrum too ... so it appears it could be a bad batch ! - 85dB is more than ok !!!!! I tried to adjust the trimmers on the back, adjust level input, try to reset all the fx, secondary fx (when I started it for the first time, it was on the fourth preset on bank A ...)
even with all dry it was really too much ...
I'm not generally picky ... my ErbeVerb is also a bit noisy and I love it (better since the firmware update few months ago)

Wubz
Common Wiggler

Post by Wubz » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:03 pm

southberry wrote:
Wubz wrote:Hi all, I have a milky way and there is a definite whine, layered over noise hiss but it's not very loud. How are you all measuring the loudness. Ableton Specrum Analyser says it peaks around -86db. What do you consider unacceptable?
Ableton Spectrum too ... so it appears it could be a bad batch ! - 85dB is more than ok !!!!! I tried to adjust the trimmers on the back, adjust level input, try to reset all the fx, secondary fx (when I started it for the first time, it was on the fourth preset on bank A ...)
even with all dry it was really too much ...
I'm not generally picky ... my ErbeVerb is also a bit noisy and I love it (better since the firmware update few months ago)
I guess that Ableton Spectrum Analyzer result is subject to how I gain staged everything, but I don't think it would be too much more than that. It's definetly noisier than most of my modules though. More than all of them I'd say. I'm using it on Uzeus studio Bus.

Wubz
Common Wiggler

Post by Wubz » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:06 pm

For reference

Wubz
Common Wiggler

Post by Wubz » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:25 pm

Here is another. Assimil8or sample playing through milky way, into mixup then Xpan and out through intellijel I/O into Clarett 8 pre interface. Max line is the sample hit.
Everything is cranked to full volume (apart from interface).

photoImage

Caitoor
1-Post Wiggler

Post by Caitoor » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:37 pm

I had the same noise problem, but +1 second press of type button the Fuchia LED (spatial movement part of instructions). Turn cabin fever all the way clockwise or anti clockwise, so that only 2 of the 4 white LED are on. And at least on mine the noise has all but gone... Something to do with the cross fade, the noise seems loudest at noon when all 4 white LED are on.

Saladolar
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Saladolar » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:26 am

On their last instagram post, Endorphin.es said they're working on these noise issues.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:17 am

Surprised they haven’t spoken up more in this thread

freerider197
Learning to Wiggle

Post by freerider197 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:33 pm

Saladolar wrote:On their last instagram post, Endorphin.es said they're working on these noise issues.

This sounds better then when they claimed it was "normal behaviour of the module"
I own 2x milky way (because I love the reverbs and delays) and with proper gain staging form my Hexmix+Hexpander I can reduce the noise to a certain degree but it still does not work totally well for me.
Very much looking forward to see what a firmware update can achieve and if it will keep the quality of the effects the same or what...

particleswillbewaves
Common Wiggler

Post by particleswillbewaves » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:45 pm

I also have the high pitched whine in my Milky Way :( Too bad, I was so confident with these I didn't even check on MW. You might get away with it in a noisy patch and Milky Way somewhere in the middle but not as a master effect and aiming for clean and hi-fi, as I intended to use it in my micro-system.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:08 pm

If they can sort out the noise issue and everyone who has one upgrades to the latest firmware and reports back.. I'll definitely be in for a Milky Way.

southberry
Wiggling with Experience

Post by southberry » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:27 pm

I received a late reply from them about the MW
They are working on the noise / whine and will update the firmware. No date ... could be soon or in few months.

myfinekilt
Learning to Wiggle

Post by myfinekilt » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:14 pm

sadly can confirm the lust and effects are bueno.

But that noise was certainly not what I was looking to make my sound warmer...

Probably back to the store. Shame, it seems so blatant. Anyone ok with this?!
-----------------------------------------

www.floa0.bandcamp.com

BigZordon
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Endrophines 6HP

Post by BigZordon » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:30 pm

anyon got an update on this issue yet ?

Wubz
Common Wiggler

Post by Wubz » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:22 am

I believe they're still working on new firmware.
BigZordon wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:30 pm
anyon got an update on this issue yet ?

Wubz
Common Wiggler

Post by Wubz » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:08 am

"Stage 1" firmware has been released for noise issue.

freerider197
Learning to Wiggle

Post by freerider197 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:12 pm

Fixed the issue for me ❤️

psienide
Common Wiggler

Post by psienide » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:08 pm

Hopefully they're working on the same for Sqwk Dirty........................

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:13 pm

freerider197 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:12 pm
Completely silent, or still 'something' there?

freerider197
Learning to Wiggle

Post by freerider197 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:35 am

cackland wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:13 pm
freerider197 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:12 pm
Completely silent, or still 'something' there?
Not sure if "completely silent" is something that will ever apply to any modules out there but definitely nothing close to what was before, by a long shot. Definitely a good end of chain effect now.
Also, the 1kHz peak is much much lower, I can only hear it if I crank my output volume from modular and input gain on my Soundcard and play no sound at all. As soon as I play some sounds is masked by other frequency and even if you try and focus on it is still almost unnoticeable. Probably best to try for yourself as I noticed many people were "OK" with the noise floor before the update which makes me think we all have very different expectations in terms of signal to noise ration in eurorack modules.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:58 am

Very true. May look at picking one up now

ThriceGood
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ThriceGood » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:11 am

freerider197 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:35 am
Not sure if "completely silent" is something that will ever apply to any modules out there but definitely nothing close to what was before, by a long shot. Definitely a good end of chain effect now.
Also, the 1kHz peak is much much lower, I can only hear it if I crank my output volume from modular and input gain on my Soundcard and play no sound at all. As soon as I play some sounds is masked by other frequency and even if you try and focus on it is still almost unnoticeable. Probably best to try for yourself as I noticed many people were "OK" with the noise floor before the update which makes me think we all have very different expectations in terms of signal to noise ration in eurorack modules.
I installed the new noise fix firmware and found it hard to notice much of a difference. But for me its not really a big problem if I am using louder/brighter waves like saws or folded sines, in this case the waves are louder and I don't need to turn up my output volume to the point where the noise is noticeable. The problem for me is that I like to use a lot of pure sine waves and softer sounds, in this case I have to turn up the output volume more, especially for lower frequencies. This of course could be countered with some EQing (anyone know of a decent stereo EQ module?).

Did you notice any difference in the distortion effect? To me this effect is unusable due to the fact that the noise is incredibly boosted. With no sound going to the input, the output is just pure white noise. I was considering going for the Happy Nerding FX Aid as a replacement for the Milkyway but now I am not sure if I will ever have silence in my 'low frequency sine wave' use case. I'm hoping the stage 2 update will come along soon!

tumblz
Common Wiggler

Post by tumblz » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:53 pm

In the product description for Milky Way, it references "T.F.D." firmware. What is it?

ToddOMG
Common Wiggler

Post by ToddOMG » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:03 pm

Deciding between this an FX AID is really tricky. FX Aid packs a little more punch as far as types of reverb go, but the Milky Way is designed so elegantly.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:50 pm

ToddOMG wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:03 pm
Deciding between this an FX AID is really tricky. FX Aid packs a little more punch as far as types of reverb go, but the Milky Way is designed so elegantly.
Agree, sounds like FX Aid has a lot more patches, however for me... its ergonomics is terrible. Not a fan of cramming it all into such a small module.

If the firmware has patched the noise issues, I might reconsider this. I was looking at the new TipTop Audio FX Modules.. however the whole mono inputs are such a deterrent.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”