biased opinion about airstreamer, don't trust me, at least this is an extract of some of the design goals :
- great envelope, easy to use, well designed (looping mode, attack/release, attack/sustain release), very good shaping and easy to control.
The story could stop here, it was the initial intent, anyone can use it without thinking about how to use it.
under it's apparently simplicity and ease of use, it's a bag of trick :
digging into it, allow it to be used in a "serge" way, patch programming style, some examples below :
- great audio tracking to be used as an oscillator, with the 1/v oct input, shape pots then become a waveshaper, from triangle to saw
- vca, this is really a great added value ! (bipolar vca,ring modulation like, react very well at audio rate too)
- slew ! portamento like. quite interesting at audio rate for glitchy sounds, designed to be followed by a nice reverb like milky way
- normalization between attack/decay speed (can be broken with a dummy cable), to allow simple cv control over duration
- very good when self patched (unipolar output into ring mod, etc) for not that predictible results, you can really patch any input into any output, a lot of sweetspots can be found.
- sample and hold
- track and hold if I can remember well
due to all functionality they could cover, having a pair in a small case, prove to be a great added value, one being set with end of attack trigger, the other one with end of decay.
I hope it's a good introduction to what the module can do
again, don't trust me, try it, my opinion is biased.