Endorphines 6HP

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Post Reply
JSHG
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:18 pm
Location: FLORIDA
Contact:

Re: Endorphines 6HP

Post by JSHG » Fri May 08, 2020 8:38 am

I contacted Endorphines and they told me I had to gain stage it correctly. Basically run super hot in and turn the VCA down. But no matter the level of the VCA I still get the high pitched Squeal. Honestly feels like a ground loop or something. So weird. Please FIX! :doh:

JSHG
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:18 pm
Location: FLORIDA
Contact:

Re: Endorphines 6HP

Post by JSHG » Fri May 08, 2020 12:14 pm

Hey Gang,
So Ive had a few instruments with ground issues and hums. Cycles and loops. This Box Has helped with a few

A passive noise reduction unit pretty much made for ground issues.

So I tried it coming out of the milky way and straight into a mixer. I would say it cut down the squeal on my system by 40 percent. There is still the White noise ish issue but its way more doable than the contant squeal coming out of this thing. Hope this helps some of you.

pablowdadon
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:00 am
Location: C0

Re: Endorphines 6HP

Post by pablowdadon » Fri May 15, 2020 3:59 am

freerider197 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:50 am
pablowdadon wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:03 am
I’m trying hard to understand how a lot of people have been talking bad about this noise/digital thing but this thread seems normal to have 5000€ system powered by a uZeus.
I’ve read thru all this thread and I’m kinda surprised how everyone is 100% sure their home is suited for making music: especially considering how electricity is well treated in some EU’s places (cannot talk for US). :sarcasm:

Can someone please gently post a sheet with different psu?
I've seen pretty much every possible PSU listed in the thread and the vast majority seems to have this issue, funny how is also similar across modules, not only one.
plainjanefrancis: Doepfer + intellijel
Koryo: Erica Synths +Earthenvar - Freelunch RIP
Bachelard: palette
bc3: 4ms pod
rob_dylan arturia
Wubz: uzeus studio bus
fruitsnake: uzeus module
southberry: owave Source d'Energie
freerider197: Koma STROM

here’s a list, but there are some users saying they have same psu but no noise.
i wrote that post because i know people with same psu living in houses with shitty electricity.
my main interest is trying to understand if everyone’s aware of all possible things that could generate noise.
another main goal is trying to understand if this module has been tested on different psu or just on their one (AD dejavù)

i do use a Frap Tools Silta, but no one wrote about it.

User avatar
Chaklack
Common Wiggler
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:27 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Endorphines 6HP

Post by Chaklack » Fri May 15, 2020 8:09 am

pablowdadon wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 3:59 am
freerider197 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:50 am
pablowdadon wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:03 am
I’m trying hard to understand how a lot of people have been talking bad about this noise/digital thing but this thread seems normal to have 5000€ system powered by a uZeus.
I’ve read thru all this thread and I’m kinda surprised how everyone is 100% sure their home is suited for making music: especially considering how electricity is well treated in some EU’s places (cannot talk for US). :sarcasm:

Can someone please gently post a sheet with different psu?
I've seen pretty much every possible PSU listed in the thread and the vast majority seems to have this issue, funny how is also similar across modules, not only one.
plainjanefrancis: Doepfer + intellijel
Koryo: Erica Synths +Earthenvar - Freelunch RIP
Bachelard: palette
bc3: 4ms pod
rob_dylan arturia
Wubz: uzeus studio bus
fruitsnake: uzeus module
southberry: owave Source d'Energie
freerider197: Koma STROM

here’s a list, but there are some users saying they have same psu but no noise.
i wrote that post because i know people with same psu living in houses with shitty electricity.
my main interest is trying to understand if everyone’s aware of all possible things that could generate noise.
another main goal is trying to understand if this module has been tested on different psu or just on their one (AD dejavù)

i do use a Frap Tools Silta, but no one wrote about it.
Chaklack:
Arturia
CRE8Audio Case Power
Doepfer PSU3
4MS Pod

VonDerFuppe
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 5:00 am
Location: Germany

Re: Endorphines 6HP

Post by VonDerFuppe » Mon May 18, 2020 5:19 am

Bought my "Squawk" before I heard about the noise issues. Unfortunately! Unbearable 4 kHz whine and considerable noise floor. At least it got less with the latest update / some time consuming gain staging. But still unbearable for me.

Tested with a DIY meanwell / Doepfer bus board PSU as well as with uZeus module and .... endorphin.es power. We got noise all along.

Marco Mula
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:03 am

Re: Endorphines 6HP

Post by Marco Mula » Wed May 20, 2020 9:30 am

Dears regarding the fw update procedure, it says the the Milky Way will reboot once is finished. The module takes some time to process after the upload? In my case after the upload it remains with the blinking blue light forever and doesn't respond to the buttons unless i power cycle it.

User avatar
synth.void
Common Wiggler
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:50 pm

Re: Endorphines 6HP

Post by synth.void » Wed May 20, 2020 3:45 pm

Marco Mula wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:30 am
Dears regarding the fw update procedure, it says the the Milky Way will reboot once is finished. The module takes some time to process after the upload? In my case after the upload it remains with the blinking blue light forever and doesn't respond to the buttons unless i power cycle it.
It should reboot immediately. Try cranking up volume wherever you upload it from.

psienide
Common Wiggler
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:57 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Endorphines 6HP

Post by psienide » Thu May 21, 2020 9:22 pm

New update out.
They pushed the gain even more it seems to combat the noise. Works better on my end but just a bandaid.
The new comb filter algo for SQWK is pretty cool. More interesting than the last.

Marco Mula
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:03 am

Re: Endorphines 6HP

Post by Marco Mula » Fri May 22, 2020 3:26 am

synth.void wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:45 pm
Marco Mula wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:30 am
Dears regarding the fw update procedure, it says the the Milky Way will reboot once is finished. The module takes some time to process after the upload? In my case after the upload it remains with the blinking blue light forever and doesn't respond to the buttons unless i power cycle it.
It should reboot immediately. Try cranking up volume wherever you upload it from.

Many thanks, it was a matter of low volume

User avatar
synth.void
Common Wiggler
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:50 pm

Re: Endorphines 6HP

Post by synth.void » Fri May 22, 2020 3:56 am

Marco Mula wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:26 am
synth.void wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:45 pm
Marco Mula wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:30 am
Dears regarding the fw update procedure, it says the the Milky Way will reboot once is finished. The module takes some time to process after the upload? In my case after the upload it remains with the blinking blue light forever and doesn't respond to the buttons unless i power cycle it.
It should reboot immediately. Try cranking up volume wherever you upload it from.

Many thanks, it was a matter of low volume
great! did the update help?

Marco Mula
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:03 am

Re: Endorphines 6HP

Post by Marco Mula » Fri May 22, 2020 6:28 am

Haven't tested yet, i was doing other stuff while upgrading and couldn't. I will post when i try. Thanks again!

User avatar
Chaklack
Common Wiggler
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:27 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Endorphines 6HP

Post by Chaklack » Fri May 22, 2020 1:28 pm

Update didn't help here unfortunately

Marco Mula
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:03 am

Re: Endorphines 6HP

Post by Marco Mula » Mon May 25, 2020 3:14 am

Updated to last version 4 and noise is better , but not good enough. At the same time, the ping pong delay is very noisy, will upload the fw again.

Popemello
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 24, 2020 11:18 pm

Re: Endorphines 6HP

Post by Popemello » Mon May 25, 2020 1:26 pm

Question slightly off topic... if you were to take Milky Way, Squawk Dirty, and Airstreamer, would they match all of the Grand Terminal functions? Thanks!

User avatar
fruitsnake
Common Wiggler
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:56 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Endorphines 6HP

Post by fruitsnake » Mon May 25, 2020 2:37 pm

Popemello wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:26 pm
Question slightly off topic... if you were to take Milky Way, Squawk Dirty, and Airstreamer, would they match all of the Grand Terminal functions? Thanks!
I guess it would be like half of a Grand Terminal, since GT has two envelopes and two filters. It would also be only 8hp smaller, so not much point to it.

Popemello
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 24, 2020 11:18 pm

Re: Endorphines 6HP

Post by Popemello » Mon May 25, 2020 3:38 pm

Thanks! I guess since the firmware on GT is upgradeable it’s a better deal. Also, sounds like there may not be those noise issues a mentioned above. I see that Perfect Circuit has a GT on sale this weekend. I guess I’ll take the plunge!

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”