Rockpals 300w Portable Power For Eurorack

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

lootacow
Common Wiggler

Rockpals 300w Portable Power For Eurorack

Post by lootacow » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:53 am

I recently got one of these Rockpals 300w Portable Power Station from amazon and so far it’s been working great. It’s exactly what I wanted for bringing my euro to some outdoor locations. It’s light weight (about 7 lbs), and has an assortment of power output types. I ran two 9u 104hp systems for about 4 hours with no issues. For amplification, I’m using two Bose Color Soundlink rechargeable speakers. They’re great in a sense that they have their own power source, so they don’t need to draw any power from the Rockpals battery. I also purchased one of those Nady Portable Mixers. It hasn’t come in yet, but looks like the perfect solution for battery powered mixing as well. It too can either be run by battery, or the optional power adapter. And to top it off, Walmart has an Ozark Trail bag (I cant remember which one it is) that perfectly fits the Rockpals battery, two Bose Color Soundlink speakers, the Nady mixer, and all the cables needed to connect everything together. I’m looking forward to putting everything through it’s paces to see how it all performs. I put the link to all the items I got below. Hope some of you find this helpful. Cheers!!

Rockpals 300w Portable Power:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FFNTG ... asin_title

Bose Color Soundlink:

Nady 4 Channel Battery Powered Mixer:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0009XH4 ... prod_image

lootacow
Common Wiggler

Post by lootacow » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:26 pm

Here’s a quick pic of the rig

Severed head
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Severed head » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:42 pm

At least this portable power thread was actually implemented I
Commend you for that as over the 5-6 years I’ve been look at the forum
There have been endless threads about “portable power solutions” and I can’t recall any that have been more than speculative
So congrats on your successful implementation!

I got a small 4 channel mixer that runs on a 9volt battery just literally a level
And pan for each on sliders it like 1/4 the size of that mixer
Got it at RadioShack back when that was around.

That’s battery seems cool. Glad it works.

Bose are good speakers over all
Do they have a nice range for the range of the synth system?
WTB:, MA35 filter. -Mac recordings software from 2008/9
:help:

electricfence
Wiggling with Experience

Post by electricfence » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:01 pm

I've also been interested in setting up an off-grid rig. Thanks for posting this.

For what it's worth, Behringer has a battery-powered mixer with sliders and a few more features. I think it's the Xenyx 1002b. I like the ergonomics of it.

lootacow
Common Wiggler

Post by lootacow » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:32 pm

The Bose speakers are just fine for working with the frequency spectrum of a modular. I’ve been using them already for some back yard jams. They can be found on craigs list or offer up for anywhere between $30 and $70. I got the Nady mixer because I wanted a mixer that can fit in the same bag as everything else. I’ll take a pic of how everything fits in the bag. I’m very happy about that.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”