cre8audio

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe., lisa

red
Wiggling with Experience

cre8audio

Post by red » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:01 am

cre8audio

in the news...

interesting !
red

starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by starthief » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:05 am

Definitely related to Twisted Electrons in some way...

red
Wiggling with Experience

Post by red » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:33 pm

NiftyBUNDLE

- Full Eurorack bundle
- Cellz dual touch-plate sequencer
- Chipz, chiptune-inspired synthesizer voice
- NiftyCASE 84hp Eurorack case with MIDI-to-CV and stereo output
- Blank panels, wall wart, and cables

$$$ 270.00

I think this is a really affordable set!

8-)
red

DJFonzi
Veteran Wiggler

Post by DJFonzi » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:35 pm

I ordered. It's cheap enough to give it a try.

JayEm
Wiggling with Experience

Post by JayEm » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:38 pm

It's super cheap as a bundle.
BandCamp Instagram
"peoples moist elbow cruxes, sodden with phlegm" - Joe.

2disbetter
Ultra Wiggler

Post by 2disbetter » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:30 am

This is a very compelling combination. For someone looking to dip their toes in the Eurorack waters, this could be a nice little way of accomplishing that.

I think the Chipz module sounds pretty good as well!

JayEm
Wiggling with Experience

Post by JayEm » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:27 pm

[video][/video]

Sounds good. And it's practically only :75:
BandCamp Instagram
"peoples moist elbow cruxes, sodden with phlegm" - Joe.

red
Wiggling with Experience

Post by red » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:49 am

perfect as a temporary try-out-case (testing modules, add-ons for semi modular synths, ...).

o r d e r e d !

8-)
red

xcc
Veteran Wiggler

Post by xcc » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:18 am

2disbetter wrote:This is a very compelling combination. For someone looking to dip their toes in the Eurorack waters, this could be a nice little way of accomplishing that.
Absolutely. I had no plans to get into Eurorack anytime soon, but this gave me the nudge I didn’t know I needed. And now I have three modules on the way and haven’t even gotten the rack yet. :eek:

Severed head
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Severed head » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:16 am

seen this yesterday didn't know it was "new" so to say,

def a middi focused setup,
if it weren't for two included modules id say for folks who have no midi plans seems like there may be better options but with them included its hard to beat
Last edited by Severed head on Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WTB:, MA35 filter. -Mac recordings software from 2008/9
:help:

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:38 am

starthief wrote:Definitely related to Twisted Electrons in some way...
Yeah, I used to own that Cells thing. :hmm:
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

akrenaut
Common Wiggler

Post by akrenaut » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:47 am

Looks like a great starting point for the cost. Sent info to some friends noting this would be a potentially good option to venture into eurorack. I'll be curious to see what future modules they may come up with.

Severed head
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Severed head » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:58 pm

just remembered this.

if someone isn't looking to just the midi ship.

berrigher 104hp closed skiff 70$usd and uZeus with fbb & psu for 85$usd
and seemingly never ending 10%off. lands you around 140$usd
WTB:, MA35 filter. -Mac recordings software from 2008/9
:help:

akrenaut
Common Wiggler

Post by akrenaut » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:25 pm

Severed head wrote:just remembered this.

I think the case with its built in features is what really makes this stand out. You get midi (or USB) to CV, midi through, and stereo out. If someone had to invest in buying eurorack modules to do what the case has built in... :75:

DJFonzi
Veteran Wiggler

Post by DJFonzi » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:28 pm

akrenaut wrote:
Severed head wrote:just remembered this.

I think the case with its built in features is what really makes this stand out. You get midi (or USB) to CV, midi through, and stereo out. If someone had to invest in buying eurorack modules to do what the case has built in... :75:
And for $269, you can get 2 voices and an interesting 2ch sequencer.

steviet
Wiggling with Experience

Post by steviet » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:04 pm

xcc wrote:
2disbetter wrote:This is a very compelling combination. For someone looking to dip their toes in the Eurorack waters, this could be a nice little way of accomplishing that.
Absolutely. I had no plans to get into Eurorack anytime soon, but this gave me the nudge I didn’t know I needed. And now I have three modules on the way and haven’t even gotten the rack yet. :eek:
Welcome to the rabbit hole! It's nice down here, don't worry.
Soundcloud
Website - DIY/Euro/Gear Blog updated every Sunday

xcc
Veteran Wiggler

Post by xcc » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:14 am

steviet wrote:
xcc wrote:
Welcome to the rabbit hole! It's nice down here, don't worry.
Thanks. Yeah I knew it was a potential rabbit hole - I just didn't realize how fast it happened ;). I'm going to sleep at night thinking of what I can plug into where and I don't even have anything yet.

WaveRider
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by WaveRider » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:54 am

incredible deal! things are getting better and better!

GreenPiece
Learning to Wiggle

Post by GreenPiece » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:41 am

Anyone have one in hand that can attest to build quality?

This is really cool but just kind of showed up out of nowhere. At least to me.

Thanks.

DJFonzi
Veteran Wiggler

Post by DJFonzi » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:49 pm

I'm supposedly receiving mine today. If I get time, I'll dig into it. It may wait until next week. :/

DJFonzi
Veteran Wiggler

Post by DJFonzi » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:26 pm

It arrived halfway through lunch, so I got a few minutes with it. Build quality is quite good. Certainly a good value for the money.
The "Chips" voice module isn't going to blow anyone's socks off. I honestly can't imagine buying that module outside the bundle. That said, it's a great solo module for a starter bundle like the Nifty bundle. It'll do stuff without requiring another module.
The "Cells" sequencer/arp/controller module, on the other hand, is very interesting, and I could certainly see having another one. It's a novel sequencer, and I think once I dig into it, it'll have more potential than I've tapped so far. For basic sequences, it's very easy to get going.

wishes, etc:
I don't like the power button. Seems like it's a disaster waiting to happen. It's a lightweight push on, push off, on the back of the case.
I don't like the mono 1/4" output. Seems like it should at least be stereo, and really ought to be 3.5mm.
I'd love to use some of the blank real estate on the top for mults, maybe build-in some attenuators, etc.
It'd be rad if this was wide enough to mate with a Rackbrute Link system. Hell, putting the onnectors on it would be icing for that.

Things I dig:
The included blind panels. Awesome!
built-in MIDI/USB to CV. Two of them! Haven't used it yet, but that's pretty rad.
The power supply. I work for a hardware manufacturer, and I've passed around the "Golden Profit" power supply this afternoon. The way they implement the little adapters for global use is ingenious. I know Cre8audio didn't invent that, but they chose to use it, so big props for it.
The extra panel for the Chips. You didn't have to do that. Nice touch. :)

I really wish this had been around a couple months ago. I could have skipped the Rackbrute. Then I'd have less space for modules, and I'd have more money. ;)
Seriously, though. This is 100% the PERFECT starter kit for Eurorack. For the money, there's nothing else out there even remotely close features-wise.

xcc
Veteran Wiggler

Post by xcc » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:05 am

DJFonzi wrote:It arrived halfway through lunch, so I got a few minutes with it. Build quality is quite good. Certainly a good value for the money.
The "Chips" voice module isn't going to blow anyone's socks off. I honestly can't imagine buying that module outside the bundle. That said, it's a great solo module for a starter bundle like the Nifty bundle. It'll do stuff without requiring another module.
The "Cells" sequencer/arp/controller module, on the other hand, is very interesting, and I could certainly see having another one. It's a novel sequencer, and I think once I dig into it, it'll have more potential than I've tapped so far. For basic sequences, it's very easy to get going.

wishes, etc:
I don't like the power button. Seems like it's a disaster waiting to happen. It's a lightweight push on, push off, on the back of the case.
I don't like the mono 1/4" output. Seems like it should at least be stereo, and really ought to be 3.5mm.
I'd love to use some of the blank real estate on the top for mults, maybe build-in some attenuators, etc.
It'd be rad if this was wide enough to mate with a Rackbrute Link system. Hell, putting the onnectors on it would be icing for that.

Things I dig:
built-in MIDI/USB to CV. Two of them! Haven't used it yet, but that's pretty rad.
The power supply. I work for a hardware manufacturer, and I've passed around the "Golden Profit" power supply this afternoon. The way they implement the little adapters for global use is ingenious. I know Cre8audio didn't invent that, but they chose to use it, so big props for it.

I really wish this had been around a couple months ago. I could have skipped the Rackbrute. Then I'd have less space for modules, and I'd have more money. ;)
Seriously, though. This is 100% the PERFECT starter kit for Eurorack. For the money, there's nothing else out there even remotely close features-wise.
I got mine a few days ago. I’d agree with most of your points, except I like that it has a quarter inch out. I do wish it was at least a TRS stereo out instead of summed mono. I do like the Chips module since it gives me (a noob) two pretty interesting oscillators as well as a useful LFO with random in one module.

The MIDI to CV works great with no obvious latency. I haven’t tested multiple channels at once yet.

Overall quality is really nice, and it has served its purpose as a gateway to euro for me since I’ve filled over half of it in less than a week.

foliephonics
Common Wiggler

Post by foliephonics » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:57 am

and it has served its purpose as a gateway to euro for me since I’ve filled over half of it in less than a week.
I hear the sound of a rabbit faaaaaling down that proverbial hole... :hihi:

I've been looking at this, hovering on the buy button, resisting because no no no no I don't need another case, and I haven't yet found an excuse good enough to justify the expense... :mad:
The case does seem like a no-brainer as an entry way (except if you go the semi-modular way).
I like the connectivity.
I like the sequencer.
I like the sequencer. :help:
I like the sequencer. :help: :help:
I like the sequencer. :help: :help: :help:

GreenPiece
Learning to Wiggle

Post by GreenPiece » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:45 am

DJFonzi wrote:It arrived halfway through lunch, so I got a few minutes with it. Build quality is quite good. Certainly a good value for the money.

wishes, etc:

Things I dig:

Really appreciate the detailed feedback! I wish they had this when i got started but def will be great for our touring next year. The portability and functions are awesome for the price.

styledelk
Learning to Wiggle

Post by styledelk » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:18 am

I started my true descent down the rabbit hole with this, arrived this week. Already pairing nicely with my 0-Coast and MiniBrute 2-- the LFO comes in handy and the oscillators are easily routed over [and back!]. The sequencer has a lot of possibilities combined with the 0-Coast's functions.

And I just added a Tides v1 that I picked up from Control used. So it begins.

Next up Disting, Plaits, a VCA (for now the Brute will do) and Mixer.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”