Worng Parallax stereo filter

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

User avatar
dugoutcanoe
Common Wiggler
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 3:14 pm
Location: Coosa River
Contact:

Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by dugoutcanoe » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:17 pm

I didn't see a thread for this. i love worng. looks like a new stereo filter on deck. :drums:
[video][/video]

Estes
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:28 am
Location: Switzerland

Post by Estes » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:54 pm

I'm curious here too!

User avatar
Stab Frenzy
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 843
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:46 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:42 am

I made a little bit of a video demo of the Parallax and Vertex for #superbooth20homeedition so people can have a listen to some good quality audio of them. Headphones or monitors recommended!


User avatar
scragz
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by scragz » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:11 am

Hyped! I'm on the lookout for another stereo filter and been eyeing this so nice to have some more to go on. I currently have a Stereo Dipole and -- while it's great for a lot of things and very versatile -- I do feel like they missed the mark on interesting stereo interplay like this. You can still patch these kind of effects but it takes more supporting modules. I also have an Overseer for end-of-chain and the Parallax reminds me more of that where it's really simple to tilt back and forth.

(God I have too many filters)

User avatar
mosorensen
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 347
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:19 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by mosorensen » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:37 pm

scragz wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:11 am
Hyped! I'm on the lookout for another stereo filter and been eyeing this so nice to have some more to go on. I currently have a Stereo Dipole and -- while it's great for a lot of things and very versatile -- I do feel like they missed the mark on interesting stereo interplay like this. You can still patch these kind of effects but it takes more supporting modules. I also have an Overseer for end-of-chain and the Parallax reminds me more of that where it's really simple to tilt back and forth.

(God I have too many filters)
I am curious if you considered QPAS, and have any thought on how it may relate to this new one? My impression is that QPAS was made specifically for stereo interplay.

User avatar
scragz
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by scragz » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:54 pm

mosorensen wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:37 pm
I am curious if you considered QPAS, and have any thought on how it may relate to this new one? My impression is that QPAS was made specifically for stereo interplay.
Yeah this is actually closer to QPAS now that you mention it. I'll give it another look but Parallax seems more straightforward to my brain for whatever reason, font similarities aside. Make Noise always seems like they obscure functionality (!!!! input being a prime example) in the hopes that it will open up your creativity but I just don't jive with it.

Control
Common Wiggler
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:15 pm
Location: Oakland, California

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by Control » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:17 pm

This looks great. Definitely keeping an eye on this one.

User avatar
antonins
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:04 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by antonins » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:54 am

This filtre seem to be amazing! Any idea when it will be available ?

User avatar
Stab Frenzy
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 843
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:46 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by Stab Frenzy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:45 am

antonins wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:54 am
This filtre seem to be amazing! Any idea when it will be available ?
In the next couple of weeks.

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:25 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by versipellis » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:26 am

Any thoughts on how much this will cost?
tunes: https://www.soundcloud.com/dycedot
in boston? I run nights: https://www.facebook.com/4OTFEvents/
selling [Prologue 16, Fusion Mixer v3, Qu-bit Prism, Intellijel uMIDI 1U, Raging Bull 3.0, NE Zularic Repetitor]: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=239013

User avatar
matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 9721
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:12 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by matttech » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:28 am

It’ll be £299 inc vat in the UK. I’ll be stocking it, along with the new stereo vca Vertex (and their previous modules)

User avatar
guigui
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:00 pm

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by guigui » Sat May 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Does it drive?

User avatar
Ears
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:43 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by Ears » Sun May 17, 2020 1:11 pm

I already have way too many stereo filters which is why I bought this.

yellowecho
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by yellowecho » Sun May 17, 2020 1:47 pm

Does this have the same shiny black faceplate as the Soundstage and Vector Space?

yellowecho
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by yellowecho » Sun May 17, 2020 1:47 pm

Does this have the same shiny black faceplate as the Soundstage and Vector Space? It looks more matte.

User avatar
Stab Frenzy
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 843
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:46 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by Stab Frenzy » Fri May 22, 2020 5:32 am

yellowecho wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:47 pm
Does this have the same shiny black faceplate as the Soundstage and Vector Space? It looks more matte.
Yes it's matte.

User avatar
mnchrme
Common Wiggler
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:32 am
Location: Countryside, Czechia
Contact:

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by mnchrme » Fri May 22, 2020 5:42 am

Need.

yellowecho
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by yellowecho » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:27 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:32 am
yellowecho wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:47 pm
Does this have the same shiny black faceplate as the Soundstage and Vector Space? It looks more matte.
Yes it's matte.
That's a bit of a bummer but it makes sense with the light indicator.

User avatar
Stab Frenzy
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 843
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:46 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by Stab Frenzy » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 pm

yellowecho wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:27 pm
Stab Frenzy wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:32 am
yellowecho wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:47 pm
Does this have the same shiny black faceplate as the Soundstage and Vector Space? It looks more matte.
Yes it's matte.
That's a bit of a bummer but it makes sense with the light indicator.
It looks better than the gloss finish in my opinion, the texture is more even. I’ve wanted to do matte panels from the beginning but only recently have been able to get good consistent quality from the factory that manufacture them.

User avatar
scragz
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by scragz » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:14 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 pm
yellowecho wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:27 pm
Stab Frenzy wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:32 am
yellowecho wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:47 pm
Does this have the same shiny black faceplate as the Soundstage and Vector Space? It looks more matte.
Yes it's matte.
That's a bit of a bummer but it makes sense with the light indicator.
It looks better than the gloss finish in my opinion, the texture is more even. I’ve wanted to do matte panels from the beginning but only recently have been able to get good consistent quality from the factory that manufacture them.
Any chance I will be able to buy a matte replacement panel for my Soundstage? Someday?

User avatar
guigui
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:00 pm

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by guigui » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:46 am

Jesus, I'm already GASing for Parallax and two Vortex. Please, stop!

User avatar
Stab Frenzy
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 843
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:46 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by Stab Frenzy » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:41 am

scragz wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:14 pm
Stab Frenzy wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 pm
yellowecho wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:27 pm
Stab Frenzy wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:32 am
yellowecho wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:47 pm
Does this have the same shiny black faceplate as the Soundstage and Vector Space? It looks more matte.
Yes it's matte.
That's a bit of a bummer but it makes sense with the light indicator.
It looks better than the gloss finish in my opinion, the texture is more even. I’ve wanted to do matte panels from the beginning but only recently have been able to get good consistent quality from the factory that manufacture them.
Any chance I will be able to buy a matte replacement panel for my Soundstage? Someday?
I won't say never but I'm not really set up to sell replacement panels at the moment.

User avatar
spacenoodle
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by spacenoodle » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:00 pm

Does anyone that grabbed a Parallax have opinions to share?

ix
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:25 pm

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by ix » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:45 am

Love to hear some feedback also , the demos i felt showed it has a more rich / old vintage sound to the Qpas , the stereo smear fx from the Parallax sounded mental on my speakers , very strong sense of 3d dimension from it in demos , i think i am sold on one with the Worng stereo vca for a simple chain to spice up old digital racks and stuff that have no filters or pretty terrible ones and maybe to run samplers through , add some modulators and i think it could be a really cool tracking chain .

I liked the fact its got some sense of old analogue to its sound but that could be in my head , i have looked at the Di pole and others but they sound almost a bit to clinical or precise for all my tastes but am going to need a dipole also i think for those more surgical moments , Di Pole and Parallax i think it will have to be here....

User avatar
Stab Frenzy
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 843
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:46 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Worng Parallax stereo filter

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:44 am

ix wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:45 am
Love to hear some feedback also , the demos i felt showed it has a more rich / old vintage sound to the Qpas , the stereo smear fx from the Parallax sounded mental on my speakers , very strong sense of 3d dimension from it in demos , i think i am sold on one with the Worng stereo vca for a simple chain to spice up old digital racks and stuff that have no filters or pretty terrible ones and maybe to run samplers through , add some modulators and i think it could be a really cool tracking chain .

I liked the fact its got some sense of old analogue to its sound but that could be in my head , i have looked at the Di pole and others but they sound almost a bit to clinical or precise for all my tastes but am going to need a dipole also i think for those more surgical moments , Di Pole and Parallax i think it will have to be here....
Parallax was designed around the idea of the Pro-One filter, but with tweaks and hotrodding to make it stereo and some tweaking of the sound to make it sound how I liked it. I can't really speak about those other filters, but I think if you're hearing old analogue from the Parallax that's where it's coming from.

There are supposed to be demos on the way from everyone's favourite youtube demo guy, he's had them for a couple of months now so I guess they should be coming soon.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”