New FX modules from Tiptop Audio - ZVERB ECHOZ Z5000

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

continuum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: New FX modules from Tiptop Audio - ZVERB ECHOZ Z5000

Post by continuum » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:05 am

cackland wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:03 pm
paranormind wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:40 am
Just ordered my ECHOZ. Hardest decision was to select the right color. I think I nailed it.
What did you go with?
Yeah, the suspense is killing us!
Tiptop Audio R&D
www.tiptopaudio.com/

paranormind
Common Wiggler

Post by paranormind » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:48 am

cackland wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:03 pm
paranormind wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:40 am
Just ordered my ECHOZ. Hardest decision was to select the right color. I think I nailed it.
What did you go with?
I went with the black one. I love the tiny tape icon and love it even better in black. Thus, black it is!

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:12 am

That would be my pick also

Pighood
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Pighood » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:09 pm

continuum wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:49 pm
Pighood wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:40 pm
What is with the left and right CV inputs? They don't seem to respond at all to incoming CV. Only the middle time/fidelity jack in the middle responds.
They do work. The knob for each is an offset so if they are cranked up the CV won't do much. Certain parameters like the modulation of the reverb might be pretty subtle under CV, but filters and pitch settings should be quite noticeable.
Then perhaps you can provide a concrete example for the FILTER or MOD input jacks on the Zverb and the FILTER of FBACK input jacks on the EchoZ

What type of incoming CV source, when plugged into these different jacks, would be audibly noticeable? LFO's? Gates? Oscillators? Envelopes?

Perhaps a short video tutorial would be helpful; I'm still not getting it.
*phnert*

MikeLeeBirds
Common Wiggler

Post by MikeLeeBirds » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:44 pm

These look mighty sexy.
But! I keep reading end-of-chain and the end of my chain is definitely stereo.
So I‘d have to sum the chain to mono to route it through any of the three FX, use an extra mixer to send the original dry stereo and the new stereo FX signal into separate stereo channels and mix them together again. Even worse if I want to use all three modules.
Sorry, that killz these for me.
FX AID it will be.

continuum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by continuum » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:20 pm

Pighood wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:09 pm
continuum wrote:
Pighood wrote:
What is with the left and right CV inputs? They don't seem to respond at all to incoming CV. Only the middle time/fidelity jack in the middle responds.
They do work. The knob for each is an offset so if they are cranked up the CV won't do much. Certain parameters like the modulation of the reverb might be pretty subtle under CV, but filters and pitch settings should be quite noticeable.
Then perhaps you can provide a concrete example for the FILTER or MOD input jacks on the Zverb and the FILTER of FBACK input jacks on the EchoZ

What type of incoming CV source, when plugged into these different jacks, would be audibly noticeable? LFO's? Gates? Oscillators? Envelopes?

I just tested ECHOZ with an LFO and Z8000 as modulation sources. Input was a saw based sequence, ECHOZ settings were Tape Mono (program 1 in Tape bank), feedback 0%, filter 0%, modulator into the Filter CV. At 100% wet the filter change was very noticeable. Swapping the CV into the Feedback CV sent only certain parts of the sequence into feedback before cutting it entirely.

Try those tests and see if you get the same results.
Tiptop Audio R&D
www.tiptopaudio.com/

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:24 pm

MikeLeeBirds wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:44 pm
These look mighty sexy.
But! I keep reading end-of-chain and the end of my chain is definitely stereo.
So I‘d have to sum the chain to mono to route it through any of the three FX, use an extra mixer to send the original dry stereo and the new stereo FX signal into separate stereo channels and mix them together again. Even worse if I want to use all three modules.
Sorry, that killz these for me.
FX AID it will be.
Well, if it were me, and I was insisting on doing all my final “proper” mixing in the case (I don’t actually) I would probably want some kind of decent mixer module (WMD Performance mixer, qubit mixology, xaoc praga etc..) which has aux sends.

If you had even one aux send you could simply send from both of your stereo source’s channels simultaneously (using the same mono aux send) and return the output of the tip-top fx into your mixer (on another stereo channel, or ideally an effects return if you had one)

....this is very standard procedure in outboard mixing on consoles, and to be honest hardly anyone ever used proper stereo fx sends for years...until digital desks with integrated fx and sends became the norm.

So really it’s more a shortcoming in your (or eurorack’s in general) mixing capabilities to be honest.

Personally, I tend to take lots of stems out of my Modular into different channels of my audio interface and use software mixing, so I don’t really have much call for fully featured mixers in my case.

Alternatively - if you don’t have a mixer with auxes (or a matrix mixer, which would also do the job) ...you could mult your stereo source’s left & right channels into a little unity mixer or similar to “merge” them into one output....then run that into your fx

tta
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tta » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:22 am

continuum wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:20 pm
Pighood wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:09 pm
continuum wrote:
Pighood wrote:

I just tested ECHOZ with an LFO and Z8000 as modulation sources. Input was a saw based sequence, ECHOZ settings were Tape Mono (program 1 in Tape bank), feedback 0%, filter 0%, modulator into the Filter CV. At 100% wet the filter change was very noticeable. Swapping the CV into the Feedback CV sent only certain parts of the sequence into feedback before cutting it entirely.

Try those tests and see if you get the same results.
Please try this and if they are still not working for you then please email us through the website so we can check maybe you have a hardware problem.
Gur
Tiptop Audio

AXN
Learning to Wiggle

Post by AXN » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:34 am

Is it normal behavior to get some audible high pitched noise, when touching the "reels" next to the time fidelity knob?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tta
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tta » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:53 am

AXN wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:34 am
Is it normal behavior to get some audible high pitched noise, when touching the "reels" next to the time fidelity knob?
No, that might be some grounding issue. Please email us.
Gur
Tiptop Audio

AXN
Learning to Wiggle

Post by AXN » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:41 am

Ok, thanks. Will do.

The Sixteenth Bar
Learning to Wiggle

Post by The Sixteenth Bar » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:01 pm

Hey Everyone,

I am Attila a.k.a. The Sixteenth Bar and I'm new here on Muff Wiggler, this is my 1st post. I've been meaning to join for a long time, however, super busy life kept getting in the way.

To introduce myself: I'm a diabolical synth nerd, an Electronic Music producer and a content creator. I've built my own studio from the ground-up and I enjoy making Music on a hybrid setup; by merging the benefits of using hardware gear with the flexibility of working in a DAW. I've been making tutorial videos for a while and currently I'm working on a few MasterClasses about working with Eurorack and other hardware gear. I'm also in the process of producing some more modular-oriented videos for my own YouTube channel, and the videos about these FX modules are a result of that.

I've been reading your replies on this forum and I found that many of you were asking for simple demos of the new TipTop FX modules, so I've created a few short ones using the Z5000 which has some algorithms from all 3 FX modules.

The REVERBS BANK video has already been posted on this forum, and now here is the one for the DELAYS BANK.

(stay tuned for the video on the P/MOD bank, and I'm also planning to post full reviews of all 3 FX modules in the next few weeks. Your questions and feedback are most welcome)

Pls enjoy,
Attila

LostForWords
Common Wiggler

Post by LostForWords » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:44 pm

The Sixteenth Bar wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:01 pm
Hey Everyone,

I am Attila a.k.a. The Sixteenth Bar and I'm new here on Muff Wiggler, this is my 1st post. I've been meaning to join for a long time, however, super busy life kept getting in the way.
Hi Attila, I've been enjoying your Z5000 demos over the last few days. Waiting to buy a black Z5000 myself as soon as stock appears. Looking forward to your pitch/mod demo! Thanks.

The Sixteenth Bar
Learning to Wiggle

Post by The Sixteenth Bar » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:45 pm

LostForWords wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:44 pm
The Sixteenth Bar wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:01 pm
Hey Everyone,

Hi Attila, I've been enjoying your Z5000 demos over the last few days. Waiting to buy a black Z5000 myself as soon as stock appears. Looking forward to your pitch/mod demo! Thanks.
Thank you, I'm glad you liked the videos. The black modules look super nice! I'll be posting the P/MOD one in a few days ;)
Cheers and Happy New Year!

tta
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tta » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:01 am

John L Rice posted this one, It is an hour long :eek: !! But at minute 49:00 he start feed it with sounds from the modular 8-)

Gur
Tiptop Audio

The Sixteenth Bar
Learning to Wiggle

Post by The Sixteenth Bar » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:30 pm

Heya Everyone, I hope all is well!

Here's the Sound Demo of the Z5000's P/MOD Bank.

Stay tuned for the full-length tutorial where we RTFM these modules ;)

Your questions and feedback are most welcome!

Cheers,
Attila

Bpmon
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Bpmon » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:48 am

I love my Z5000, this is my favorite bank!

paranormind
Common Wiggler

Post by paranormind » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:21 am

I've just spent hours playing with my ECHOZ.

Oh my eurogod, it exceeds my expectations! It's incredibly musical and creative. I'd say it even allows to enter a more textural territory. Can turn my simplest pluck sounds into truly original and unique arpeggiated pads. :hail: :hail:

Very quick demo attached. NO REVERB ADDED. Only a triggered Plaits into the ECHOZ and then me wiggling knobs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

continuum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by continuum » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:20 pm

paranormind wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:21 am
I've just spent hours playing with my ECHOZ.

Oh my eurogod, it exceeds my expectations! It's incredibly musical and creative. I'd say it even allows to enter a more textural territory. Can turn my simplest pluck sounds into truly original and unique arpeggiated pads. :hail: :hail:

Very quick demo attached. NO REVERB ADDED. Only a triggered Plaits into the ECHOZ and then me wiggling knobs.
Nice! Sounds like one of the Pitch banks like Shimmer Taps or Diffuse Pitch Band Taps? The programs with diffusion and lots of delay taps tend to have reverb like tails at higher feedback settings.
Tiptop Audio R&D
www.tiptopaudio.com/

MG374
Learning to Wiggle

Post by MG374 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:38 am

no stereo input? weird.

lasesentaysiete
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lasesentaysiete » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:38 am

I made a demo using my the "Shimmer Taps" setting found in the "Pitch" bank on my Echoz. No other effects.

The Sixteenth Bar
Learning to Wiggle

Post by The Sixteenth Bar » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:39 am

Hey Everyone,

Last but not least, here is the full demo-review-tutorial video on all 3 TipTop Z-Effects Modules.

This is a longer one, so feel free to use the time-index in the video's description to skip to parts you're interested in ;)

As always, your feedback and questions are most welcome.

Please enjoy,
Attila

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:21 am

Very nice. Thanks for doing these.

veets
Wiggling with Experience

Post by veets » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:45 pm

Any word on when the black z5000 will arrive at PCA? I ordered late November. (Not complaining. Just anticipating.)

continuum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by continuum » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:07 pm

veets wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:45 pm
Any word on when the black z5000 will arrive at PCA? I ordered late November. (Not complaining. Just anticipating.)
Demand was really high for the first production run - particularly for black panels, but the second batch is in the production cycle now. It will still be a few weeks before they hit the shops though. Thanks for your patience!
Tiptop Audio R&D
www.tiptopaudio.com/

Return to “Eurorack Modules”