New FX modules from Tiptop Audio - ZVERB ECHOZ Z5000

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

veets
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Amazing modules

Post by veets » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:10 am

ANGLE wrote:From the moment I received the new effects modules, I have always experimented with them; every day it's a pleasant surprise, the modules are amazing!!! :yay:
Jealous, I am. I ordered a Z5000 and ECHOZ from PCA on 11/24. They still don't show stock. Because I ordered black, perhaps?

Pighood
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Amazing modules

Post by Pighood » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:23 am

veets wrote:
ANGLE wrote:From the moment I received the new effects modules, I have always experimented with them; every day it's a pleasant surprise, the modules are amazing!!! :yay:
Jealous, I am. I ordered a Z5000 and ECHOZ from PCA on 11/24. They still don't show stock. Because I ordered black, perhaps?
Fret not... I ordered white ones from Detroit Modular, and they’re still not in stock.
*phnert*

continuum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by continuum » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:45 pm

We are shipping modules out now and demand was even higher than we anticipated. Some shops have them in stock and the rest will have them soon. The black Z5000 is back ordered a few weeks right now.
Tiptop Audio R&D
www.tiptopaudio.com/

veets
Wiggling with Experience

Post by veets » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:35 am

continuum wrote:We are shipping modules out now and demand was even higher than we anticipated. Some shops have them in stock and the rest will have them soon. The black Z5000 is back ordered a few weeks right now.
Congratulations on the success of your product launch. You've obviously tapped into something special with these new modules.

tta
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tta » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:21 am

How would you like yours made, medium or rare :troll:

A fresh picture from today as more are being made.

Gur
Tiptop Audio

veets
Wiggling with Experience

Post by veets » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:03 am

:party: :party:

mazzyboy
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mazzyboy » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:41 am

Are we gonna see some in depth demos of these?
Tell me divkid or mylarmelodies have been sent review modules!

huffnPuff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by huffnPuff » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:30 am

Severed head wrote:
deftinwulf wrote:
Severed head wrote:ZVERB

30 離 (离)
the clinging: radiance.
breaking free, Departing.
the earthly things surrounded by the heavenly
they burst to flames, separating, breaking free
into another state of being.

-----------------------
29 坎
The Abysmal Gorge
where water naturally travels
to the lowest point.
traversing Downward
seemingly forever.
towards the abyss
the depth, not the surface.
although captivated endlessly pressing to move by the force of its own will.
ever downward through the ground.
a pit, a hole.
or trapped,
moving out of our control,
a crisis in a mysterious way.
-----------------------
fire over fire water over water...
Ah, so that's what those pictograms mean on the ZVERB? It's from the I Ching? Where is that particular translation you posted from? I found it moving and want to read more... :love:
they are two hexagrams, #'s 30 and 29 trigrams fire/water
I was just guessing there was some kinda connection from my first glance.
those were just from my understanding of ("the book of changes" ) I Ching
that I got out of an old book that I use. for my friends grandpa. its fun to throw stones and see what happens if your into that occult thing. a sorta eastern divination tool.
glad it was enjoyable.
but
this one seems good.
http://the-iching.com

edit: some auto correct corrections
The Gnostic Book of Changes -
http://jamesdekorne.com/GBCh/GBCh.htm

The Virtual Yarrow Stalks Oracle -
http://www.russellcottrell.com/virtualyarrowstalks/
:mad: :mad: :despair: :mad: :mad: :mad:

paranormind
Common Wiggler

Post by paranormind » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:44 am

mazzyboy wrote:Are we gonna see some in depth demos of these?
Yes please, looking forward for more demos too!!

continuum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by continuum » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:25 am

mazzyboy wrote:Are we gonna see some in depth demos of these?
Coming soon!
Tiptop Audio R&D
www.tiptopaudio.com/

tta
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tta » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:33 am

Seems like most of the shops got their orders fulfilled and the modules are now in stock and online. Those who preorder should get theirs any day now. Our stock is sold out, so whatever stock the shops have is what will be avilable till we finish making the next batch estimated by the end of January.

These were rough two weeks getting them all tested and ship on time. Time to relax get a beer and turn on the PS4 for a few hours. :hit:

Folks here at Muff ask for some more demos, so those who might got them by now please post some demos.
Gur
Tiptop Audio

paperCUT
Veteran Wiggler

Post by paperCUT » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:42 am

Congrats Gur 8-)

logicgate
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by logicgate » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:27 am

Modern delay with no sync? Pass

Pighood
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Pighood » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:43 am

Mine are due Thursday from Detroit Modular. Black Zverb & EchoZ. White ones still not released.
*phnert*

continuum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by continuum » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:54 am

Pighood wrote:Mine are due Thursday from Detroit Modular. Black Zverb & EchoZ. White ones still not released.
All of the white versions are available now from dealers.
Tiptop Audio R&D
www.tiptopaudio.com/

Faastwalker
Common Wiggler

Post by Faastwalker » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:13 pm

I've been hanging for the Z5000. Store just emailed to say the ZVERB & ECHOZ have just arrived. Tempted to get the ECHOZ. Not too many demos around currently though. Would be nice to hear & see a bit more.

veets
Wiggling with Experience

Post by veets » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:06 pm

I've had the ECHOZ for a few days and while it's pretty cool, I do have one small complaint. When I use the time knob to adjust delay time, the ECHOZ makes a sound similar to FF on a reel-to-reel before settling at the selected delay time. In other words, there is not an audibly smooth transition as you increase or decrease delay time. Rather, you adjust the time, wait for the ECHOZ to settle at the new rate and then decide if you like that rate... repeat until satisfied.

Now it could be that this is desirable from the perspective of some users and integral to the effect being emulated. Or it could be the nature of the circuit or the purposeful design of the firmware. (It might even be a 1DI0t error on my part.)

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Faastwalker
Common Wiggler

Post by Faastwalker » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:43 pm

veets wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Isn't that normal for delay effects? Unless it's some sort of granular effect? I'm not sure to be honest. I've just never used a delay effect this DIDN'T do what you are describing. I thought that was normal. But would be cool if you could sweep time without turning everything into a Dub track.

veets
Wiggling with Experience

Post by veets » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:06 am

Faastwalker wrote:
veets wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Isn't that normal for delay effects? Unless it's some sort of granular effect? I'm not sure to be honest. I've just never used a delay effect this DIDN'T do what you are describing. I thought that was normal. But would be cool if you could sweep time without turning everything into a Dub track.
Until now I've been using Disting mk4 as my delay. It uses an encoder with detents. Each turn increases the delay level (or reverb amount) by a unit. Disting is the only delay/reverb I've ever used, so my expectations may be wacked.

continuum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by continuum » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:42 am

veets wrote:I've had the ECHOZ for a few days and while it's pretty cool, I do have one small complaint. When I use the time knob to adjust delay time, the ECHOZ makes a sound similar to FF on a reel-to-reel before settling at the selected delay time. In other words, there is not an audibly smooth transition as you increase or decrease delay time. Rather, you adjust the time, wait for the ECHOZ to settle at the new rate and then decide if you like that rate... repeat until satisfied.

Now it could be that this is desirable from the perspective of some users and integral to the effect being emulated. Or it could be the nature of the circuit or the purposeful design of the firmware. (It might even be a 1DI0t error on my part.)

There are two ways to deal with changing the delay read point in memory; 1) just move to the new point; 2) interpolate the samples.

The first method results in discontinuities in the audio when it jumps from one sample to the other. This causes distortion since the discontinuity is a one sample offset that contains the entire frequency spectrum (i.e. an impulse). This could be OK for a single jump from point to point but modulating the time turns the output into a wash of white noise pretty quickly. Almost no one likes this effect.

Interpolation removes the distortion from the discontinuous jump in exchange for modulating the frequency. On the plus side, this very effectively emulates the sound of tape and BBD devices as well as early digital delays. Most of our customers not only like this sound but insist on it. In the case of the tape echo programs this sound is probably exaggerated a little bit so you can easily do the runaway saturated feedback howls that scream 'tape!'.
Tiptop Audio R&D
www.tiptopaudio.com/

paperCUT
Veteran Wiggler

Post by paperCUT » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:50 am

I dont think I've ever owned a piece of hardware that didn't have interpolation, it does seem like a recipe for glitch.

Junk Rhythm
Big Bottom Shaker

Post by Junk Rhythm » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:44 am

continuum wrote:
veets wrote:I've had the ECHOZ for a few days and while it's pretty cool, I do have one small complaint. When I use the time knob to adjust delay time, the ECHOZ makes a sound similar to FF on a reel-to-reel before settling at the selected delay time. In other words, there is not an audibly smooth transition as you increase or decrease delay time. Rather, you adjust the time, wait for the ECHOZ to settle at the new rate and then decide if you like that rate... repeat until satisfied.

There are two ways to deal with changing the delay read point in memory; 1) just move to the new point; 2) interpolate the samples.

The first method results in discontinuities in the audio when it jumps from one sample to the other. This causes distortion since the discontinuity is a one sample offset that contains the entire frequency spectrum (i.e. an impulse). This could be OK for a single jump from point to point but modulating the time turns the output into a wash of white noise pretty quickly. Almost no one likes this effect.

Interpolation removes the distortion from the discontinuous jump in exchange for modulating the frequency. On the plus side, this very effectively emulates the sound of tape and BBD devices as well as early digital delays. Most of our customers not only like this sound but insist on it. In the case of the tape echo programs this sound is probably exaggerated a little bit so you can easily do the runaway saturated feedback howls that scream 'tape!'.
Quoted for emphasis. This is exactly what I want and expect in a delay.

smoo
Common Wiggler

Post by smoo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:27 pm

Just received the Z5000 and the Zverb. Both are great, but the Zverb !!! I have all kinds of Reverbs but this one is made for synths. Maybe my new fav Reverb in the studio for faster analogue sequencer sounds. I absolutely love it. I also prefer it over the ZDSP, I have all cards. Still love my ZDSP. I will get Echoz (ZEcho?) too. I try to make examples, it does sound much nicer than all the soundexamples so far.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:45 pm

smoo wrote:Just received the Z5000 and the Zverb. Both are great, but the Zverb !!! I have all kinds of Reverbs but this one is made for synths. Maybe my new fav Reverb in the studio for faster analogue sequencer sounds. I absolutely love it. I also prefer it over the ZDSP, I have all cards. Still love my ZDSP. I will get Echoz (ZEcho?) too. I try to make examples, it does sound much nicer than all the soundexamples so far.
This is good to hear. I'm waiting for an in-depth video of these modules before I consider. Was wondering if the verb is the same as the ZDSP verb cartridges..

continuum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by continuum » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:05 am

cackland wrote:Was wondering if the verb is the same as the ZDSP verb cartridges..
As stated earlier in this thread - I wrote all of the programs for these three modules. There is no Valhalla code in any of them.
Tiptop Audio R&D
www.tiptopaudio.com/

Return to “Eurorack Modules”