Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by damase » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:58 am

yea sadly space is an issue for me as well and the compare2 being amazing at what it does, is still not the perfrct “companion” module for the DTG i think. i do already have a few ways to invert already myself... and logic is definitely what i lack but a whole other topic. i did notice this cool little ALM Milton module, gives some handy functions in 4hp... for me 2hp modules are sometimes too skinny and too deep if its anything other than a passive mult. another super interesting module is the Warm Star The Bends which could potentially be a very playful multi-use utility pairing

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:36 am

For once can with this brand, can we get a comprehensive video? He's proved himself in the aural stakes- I'd buy blind but these aren't audio tool and I cannot see the possibilities atm, I just dont quite get what they do and reading others interpretations isn't helping me either.
...but Cynthia, my Daddy never had a heath kit..

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:07 am

Multi Grooves wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:36 am
For once can with this brand, can we get a comprehensive video? He's proved himself in the aural stakes- I'd buy blind but these aren't audio tool and I cannot see the possibilities atm, I just dont quite get what they do and reading others interpretations isn't helping me either.
its definitely one you will have to get hands on to really get it, but the manual does have the info in it, ive found my expectations translated well from manual reading to module receiving. id be surprised to see a video run-through, if you have questions of a specific feature “what happens if i do this?”... im happy to test it out for you

Jee
Common Wiggler

Post by Jee » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:25 am

I did some demo videos on my youtube channel some years ago but found myself too lazy to get back to it... but it tickles me since a while... I might make the move eventually at some point because I would like to do some modular patch tutorial standing as demos at the same time... :roll:

weirdo
Learning to Wiggle

Post by weirdo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:11 am

I thought about getting the Klavis Flexshaper, need some more utils, attenuverters etc. Thanks for the tipp with Warm Star The Bends (and i was also considering the ALM Milton since a few weeks btw.).

I had some very funky and interesting results with the DTG already but need to practise to fully understand it.
It pairs really well with the Omega-Phi‘s, i did some crossmodulation with and without tzfm, out of the vco‘s into DTG and vice-versa etc.
Im very happy with it so far and this thread here is very interesting to see how other people using it.

3pand
Common Wiggler

Post by 3pand » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:18 pm

Finally got around to trying the audio signal trigger idea that Jee introduced a few posts ago! Made it into a video since a few posts ago it was requested to see what was happening, so this time audio quality is not good.

In this case the resonance of the filter that is being controlled by the lower envelope of DTG has a big effect on how the filter mix output affects the envelope reset parameter while everything is going. Super cool to have this relationship where altering the sound of the filter with the resonance or the input gain or the filter mode has an effect on the filter envelope! Thanks, Jee!!!

The sound and the basic patch on this demo is super uninteresting but hopefully the simplicity helps to see more clearly what the DTG is doing/adding.

Here's the little notes:

First a boring pattern with no modulation in to the DTG
Then a couple modulation sources are patched in to the lower envelope that is controlling filter cutoff
Then the filter mix output is routed to envelope reset via a channel of QuadroPol that is CV'd by the upper half of DTG (also w/ modulation in)

The filter resonance and other controls provide some variations to how the mix output creates the sort of ratcheting effect on the lower envelope.

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:21 am

really nice demo, shows the technique off well. so much to explore in the module, so far ive mainly just still messed about with the looping patches Carsten described on page 12of this thread. theyre very simple but lots of cool patterns easily emerge for me

anyone know anything about timing on the DLFO production?

Return to “Eurorack Modules”