Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Post Reply
Jee
Common Wiggler
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:50 am

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by Jee » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:26 pm

Quad invert is a CV inverter, not a gate inverter it will not work as expected (0V in = 0V out).
You also now know that I’m doing all x4 so plog has been discarded I prefer a (much) more compact and oriented module even if I don’t have all logic functions (it’s mainly inverting I need) ;)

22tape
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Yer mammy's dusty vibraphone

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by 22tape » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:50 pm

If Schippmann ever really does end Eurorack production, we will have to start another thread entitled-- Schippmann releases new slate of modules.

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 am
Location: Texas

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by damase » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:09 pm

Jee wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:26 pm
Quad invert is a CV inverter, not a gate inverter it will not work as expected (0V in = 0V out).
You also now know that I’m doing all x4 so plog has been discarded I prefer a (much) more compact and oriented module even if I don’t have all logic functions (it’s mainly inverting I need) ;)
right on thanks for mentioning that before i got the quad inverter and would have been very disappointed. im certainly interested in all logic combinations, have a lot of gates i can combine to do ratcheting n such on the DTG. keep us updated on the upcoming quad gate inverter you spoke of

User avatar
mazzatronsynths
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:21 pm
Location: Central New York
Contact:

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by mazzatronsynths » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:37 pm

damase wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:04 am
theres an Intellijel Quad Invert, that should work right? i was thinking about getting one for the DTG
i was also lookin at Intellijel Plog, seems unmatched for compact logic modules
and a couple Frap Tools 333, maybe a 321 also
been trying to decide on utilities for a while and this is my best effort.
Hello! I looked a little into the Intellijel Quad Inverter and it seems like it inverts CV or gate signals centered around zero volts. So, a 0V to +5V signal would become a 0V to -5V signal. Where the module we are working on here will take a 0V to +5V signal and invert it to a +5V to 0V signal. So, it will be a purely digital gate inverter!

Cheers!
Sean

Jee
Common Wiggler
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:50 am

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by Jee » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:26 pm

Hi Sean, thanks for passing by :)
Trying to hijack the regular use before it even exist: what would happen if we send it a negative CV signal? Would be treated as 0 I assume?
cheers!

User avatar
mazzatronsynths
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:21 pm
Location: Central New York
Contact:

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by mazzatronsynths » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:01 pm

Jee wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:26 pm
Hi Sean, thanks for passing by :)
Trying to hijack the regular use before it even exist: what would happen if we send it a negative CV signal? Would be treated as 0 I assume?
cheers!
Hi Jee!

Yes, a negative signal at the input will result in 5V at the output. The output will always be either 0V or 5V. The positive-going threshold will be 1.5V and the negative-going threshold will be 1V. And there will be over-under voltage protection so it will be able to handle anything -12V to +12V at the inputs and at the outputs without damage. Revised panel layout attached.

Cheers!
Sean
Attachments
QuadGateInverter.jpg

User avatar
mazzatronsynths
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:21 pm
Location: Central New York
Contact:

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by mazzatronsynths » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:36 pm

damase wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:09 pm
Jee wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:26 pm
Quad invert is a CV inverter, not a gate inverter it will not work as expected (0V in = 0V out).
You also now know that I’m doing all x4 so plog has been discarded I prefer a (much) more compact and oriented module even if I don’t have all logic functions (it’s mainly inverting I need) ;)
right on thanks for mentioning that before i got the quad inverter and would have been very disappointed. im certainly interested in all logic combinations, have a lot of gates i can combine to do ratcheting n such on the DTG. keep us updated on the upcoming quad gate inverter you spoke of
Hey Guys!

The Quad Gate Inverter is now available!
https://www.mazzatron.com/product-page/ ... e-inverter
Image

Cheers!
Sean Mazzatti

User avatar
pekbro
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:16 am
Location: Maui

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by pekbro » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:38 pm

mazzatronsynths wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:36 pm


Hey Guys!

The Quad Gate Inverter is now available!
https://www.mazzatron.com/product-page/ ... e-inverter


Cheers!
Sean Mazzatti
Instabuy :tu: (and I wasn't even in this thread)

Jee
Common Wiggler
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:50 am

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by Jee » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:23 am

So cool ! :)
Thanks Sean!!

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”