Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Post Reply
User avatar
damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 am
Location: Texas

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by damase » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:42 am

yea some posts were missing from when the forum changed over...

these posts included Carsten writing here to say what he told us in emails also, that he needs time to get the limited run together, and will be in touch with more info when he can provide it

definitely havent forgotten this! been saving up the pennies for it specifically

Jee
Common Wiggler
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:50 am

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by Jee » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:02 pm

Hi guys, has someone heard something about eventual small batch releases after sending email?
Meanwhile the poly Schippmann modular (3 voices here) starts to shine like crazy... :)
I am in love! :woah:

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=226126

Jee
Common Wiggler
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:50 am

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by Jee » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:23 am

Carsten’s email seems no longer valid / too full or something but I get my emails returned... same for you??

User avatar
damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 am
Location: Texas

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by damase » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:32 am

any updates??
website still looks promising (i think?)

User avatar
monads
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1941
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Odyssey Island
Contact:

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by monads » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:41 pm

It's not over yet!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:
Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 8.39.28 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jaypee
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:46 am

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by Jaypee » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:06 am

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

hdd
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:24 am
Location: toulouse (FR)

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by hdd » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:35 am

:hail:
Nice to see some good and original design on this exercice.

3pand
Common Wiggler
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:56 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by 3pand » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:50 am

:eek: :eek: :eek:

didn’t think it was possible to have my mind blown by an LFO

User avatar
deftinwulf
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:34 am

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by deftinwulf » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:01 pm

monads wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:41 pm
It's not over yet!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 8.39.28 PM.png
That's badass. :sb:

User avatar
maltemark
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 709
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:39 am
Location: Gothenburg

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by maltemark » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:10 pm

Badass how compared to other quadratures?
Feel free to use my old samplepacks: https://freesound.org/people/altemark/
--

User avatar
damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 am
Location: Texas

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by damase » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:20 pm

yesss! i cannot wait to hear more about how the counter and sync works. this is looking so good, very advanced feeling

i also love the waveforms chosen here to focus on

User avatar
deftinwulf
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:34 am

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by deftinwulf » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:11 pm

maltemark wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:10 pm
Badass how compared to other quadratures?
Well, mainly, badass in that Schippmann is still around...

But since you ask, it's a Quadrature LFO with what appears to be some kind of ping-pong/reverse waveform CV input? Not sure what it could mean... Interesting.

And also it's a quadrature LFO with what appears to be waveshapes that go beyond just Sine... I don't believe I've seen that before. Not sure how the outputs are allocated but usually it's just 4 Sine outputs offset in phase on this type of module.

The display counters are novel and seem neat as well. Basically I just want more info all around. But I feel safe in calling this one "tentatively badass." :hihi:

User avatar
damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 am
Location: Texas

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by damase » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:20 pm

deftinwulf wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:11 pm
maltemark wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:10 pm
Badass how compared to other quadratures?
Well, mainly, badass in that Schippmann is still around...

But since you ask, it's a Quadrature LFO with what appears to be some kind of ping-pong/reverse waveform CV input? Not sure what it could mean... Interesting.

And also it's a quadrature LFO with what appears to be waveshapes that go beyond just Sine... I don't believe I've seen that before. Not sure how the outputs are allocated but usually it's just 4 Sine outputs offset in phase on this type of module.

The display counters are novel and seem neat as well. Basically I just want more info all around. But I feel safe in calling this one "tentatively badass." :hihi:
badass to have an analogue lfo with indepth and completely new sync abilities
v/oct is incredibly badass too

LunaticSound
Common Wiggler
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:50 pm
Location: Hamburg

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by LunaticSound » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:16 pm

1.25 v/Dec :hmm:

And dlfo sounds like it's going to be digital, right?

3pand
Common Wiggler
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:56 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by 3pand » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:42 pm

LunaticSound wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:16 pm
1.25 v/Dec :hmm:
.1-1Hz 1.25V
1-10Hz 1.25V
10-100Hz 1.25V
100-1000Hz 1.25V
= 5V

I think it’s just a more precise way of saying 0-5V? Or maybe because it can go beyond that range.

I thought the D stands for dual

LunaticSound
Common Wiggler
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:50 pm
Location: Hamburg

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by LunaticSound » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:23 pm

Ah. I thought it would be 1.25 volts per "Dectave", like 10 whole tones higher 😅

Yeah, the D could mean dual indeed...

User avatar
damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 am
Location: Texas

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by damase » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:08 pm

both up on the website now!
Image
Image

3pand
Common Wiggler
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:56 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by 3pand » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:43 pm

wow, really excited about these :party:

Jaypee
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:46 am

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by Jaypee » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:47 am

pffffffffffffffffff dual love here! :love:
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

thermisonic
Common Wiggler
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:28 am
Location: uk

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by thermisonic » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:47 am

Sounds like he needed a little love to keep going.....

User avatar
MvK
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:46 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by MvK » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:28 am

I won't have the space for this in the short run but those designs look superb! I still think that single versions of those modules would be more appealing for some, but I can see the beauty of these dual designs.
We are the Borg. Resistance is equal to voltage divided by current.
https://soundcloud.com/logic_not
current 9U: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/428567
Skiff: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/818039

Jaypee
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:46 am

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by Jaypee » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:21 am

Me neither, I don't have the space and the money but the minute these bad boys are released I'm sure I'll have both hehe
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

User avatar
Ceres
Common Wiggler
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:20 pm
Location: Local

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by Ceres » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:00 pm

maltemark wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:10 pm
Badass how compared to other quadratures?
It appears to be a unique dual LFO but I don’t understand not having 4 quadrature outputs (0, 90, 180, 270). I mean that’s usually the point of a quadrature LFO. It appears this is more focused on being a dual LFO where you can do some fun weird things with the shapes of the LFOs, including shifting the degree.
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Schippmann
Filtermeister!
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:56 am
Location: Germany

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by Schippmann » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:54 pm

Ceres wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:00 pm
maltemark wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:10 pm
Badass how compared to other quadratures?
It appears to be a unique dual LFO but I don’t understand not having 4 quadrature outputs (0, 90, 180, 270). I mean that’s usually the point of a quadrature LFO. It appears this is more focused on being a dual LFO where you can do some fun weird things with the shapes of the LFOs, including shifting the degree.
No. Quadrature doesn't mean to have 4 ouputs. It means to have two orthogonal outputs (SINE/COSINE) where you can generate
by adding/substracting these 2 orthogonal outputs any other phase displacement between 0° - 360°.
But yes, it's certainly a fun tool - I hope so, guys:)!!

"Reverse" is a sync function which will reverse the current direction of the Triangle.

Moreover you can select 0-16 shots, where the Tri exactly ends at that point where it has been started.
The starting/ending point (including direction) is the "State" parameter.
When 0 shots is selected, the LFO is free running, but will go immediately to this selected state
and stops with a "high" at the "start/S&H" input jack - and it oscillates when the "start/S&H" input returns to "low".
"S&H" here means Set & Hold;) In shot case (1-16) the osc. is in stop mode and is set on the "State" value. A "high" at "start/S&H"
will start the shot then.

3pand
Common Wiggler
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:56 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by 3pand » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:40 pm

Schippmann wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:54 pm
Ceres wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:00 pm
maltemark wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:10 pm
Badass how compared to other quadratures?
It appears to be a unique dual LFO but I don’t understand not having 4 quadrature outputs (0, 90, 180, 270). I mean that’s usually the point of a quadrature LFO. It appears this is more focused on being a dual LFO where you can do some fun weird things with the shapes of the LFOs, including shifting the degree.
No. Quadrature doesn't mean to have 4 ouputs. It means to have two orthogonal outputs (SINE/COSINE) where you can generate
by adding/substracting these 2 orthogonal outputs any other phase displacement between 0° - 360°.
But yes, it's certainly a fun tool - I hope so, guys:)!!

"Reverse" is a sync function which will reverse the current direction of the Triangle.

Moreover you can select 0-16 shots, where the Tri exactly ends at that point where it has been started.
The starting/ending point (including direction) is the "State" parameter.
When 0 shots is selected, the LFO is free running, but will go immediately to this selected state
and stops with a "high" at the "start/S&H" input jack - and it oscillates when the "start/S&H" input returns to "low".
"S&H" here means Set & Hold;) In shot case (1-16) the osc. is in stop mode and is set on the "State" value. A "high" at "start/S&H"
will start the shot then.
Thanks, I was very curious about the function of the 0-16 and the Start/S&H. Sounds like an amazing module for generating repeating and evolving rhythmic patterns, among other things!

On the DTG, what do the G/Del~ and G-Res jacks do? I’m also wondering how the Hold In functions and what the Dec-Act. output is.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”