Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by damase » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:08 pm

both up on the website now!

3pand
Common Wiggler

Post by 3pand » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:43 pm

wow, really excited about these :party:

Jaypee
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:47 am

pffffffffffffffffff dual love here! :love:
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

thermisonic
Common Wiggler

Post by thermisonic » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:47 am

Sounds like he needed a little love to keep going.....

MvK
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MvK » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:28 am

I won't have the space for this in the short run but those designs look superb! I still think that single versions of those modules would be more appealing for some, but I can see the beauty of these dual designs.

Jaypee
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:21 am

Me neither, I don't have the space and the money but the minute these bad boys are released I'm sure I'll have both hehe

Ceres
Common Wiggler

Post by Ceres » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:00 pm

maltemark wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:10 pm
Badass how compared to other quadratures?
It appears to be a unique dual LFO but I don’t understand not having 4 quadrature outputs (0, 90, 180, 270). I mean that’s usually the point of a quadrature LFO. It appears this is more focused on being a dual LFO where you can do some fun weird things with the shapes of the LFOs, including shifting the degree.
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Schippmann
Filtermeister!

Post by Schippmann » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:54 pm

Ceres wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:00 pm
maltemark wrote:
It appears to be a unique dual LFO but I don’t understand not having 4 quadrature outputs (0, 90, 180, 270). I mean that’s usually the point of a quadrature LFO. It appears this is more focused on being a dual LFO where you can do some fun weird things with the shapes of the LFOs, including shifting the degree.
No. Quadrature doesn't mean to have 4 ouputs. It means to have two orthogonal outputs (SINE/COSINE) where you can generate
by adding/substracting these 2 orthogonal outputs any other phase displacement between 0° - 360°.
But yes, it's certainly a fun tool - I hope so, guys:)!!

"Reverse" is a sync function which will reverse the current direction of the Triangle.

Moreover you can select 0-16 shots, where the Tri exactly ends at that point where it has been started.
The starting/ending point (including direction) is the "State" parameter.
When 0 shots is selected, the LFO is free running, but will go immediately to this selected state
and stops with a "high" at the "start/S&H" input jack - and it oscillates when the "start/S&H" input returns to "low".
"S&H" here means Set & Hold;) In shot case (1-16) the osc. is in stop mode and is set on the "State" value. A "high" at "start/S&H"
will start the shot then.

3pand
Common Wiggler

Post by 3pand » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:40 pm

Schippmann wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:54 pm
Ceres wrote:
maltemark wrote:
No. Quadrature doesn't mean to have 4 ouputs. It means to have two orthogonal outputs (SINE/COSINE) where you can generate
by adding/substracting these 2 orthogonal outputs any other phase displacement between 0° - 360°.

"Reverse" is a sync function which will reverse the current direction of the Triangle.

Moreover you can select 0-16 shots, where the Tri exactly ends at that point where it has been started.
When 0 shots is selected, the LFO is free running, but will go immediately to this selected state
and stops with a "high" at the "start/S&H" input jack - and it oscillates when the "start/S&H" input returns to "low".
"S&H" here means Set & Hold;) In shot case (1-16) the osc. is in stop mode and is set on the "State" value. A "high" at "start/S&H"
Thanks, I was very curious about the function of the 0-16 and the Start/S&H. Sounds like an amazing module for generating repeating and evolving rhythmic patterns, among other things!

On the DTG, what do the G/Del~ and G-Res jacks do? I’m also wondering how the Hold In functions and what the Dec-Act. output is.

Ceres
Common Wiggler

Post by Ceres » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:15 pm

Schippmann wrote:
Ceres wrote:
maltemark wrote:
I understand what your saying. You can do similar quadrature modulation with Maths. Colloquially, modules called “quadrature LFOs” were/are LFOs with 4 outputs set 90 degrees apart. Doepfer A-143-9, Liivarta Quadrature LFO, yusynth quadrature LFO, Seismic Quadrature LFO, Ian Fritz Quadrature Oscillator, Quadrature apps in Ornaments and Crime and so forth...
Last edited by Ceres on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

monads
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by monads » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:21 pm

Well I'm on board with both these new modules!!! Probably means shuffling some items around but I'm good to go!!!

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:14 am

how far off are we from being able to order these :) very excited for them

Schippmann
Filtermeister!

Post by Schippmann » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:36 am

Ceres wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:15 pm
Schippmann wrote:
Ceres wrote:
maltemark wrote:
I understand what your saying. You can do similar quadrature modulation with Maths. Colloquially, modules called “quadrature LFOs” were/are LFOs with 4 outputs set 90 degrees apart. Doepfer A-143-9, Liivarta Quadrature LFO, yusynth quadrature LFO, Seismic Quadrature LFO, Ian Fritz Quadrature Oscillator, Quadrature apps in Ornaments and Crime and so forth...
Invert each output and you'll get the other two phases - nothing more is what the others did. I hadn't the space for 4 further jacks.
But the main feature is given - a quadrature output.
Last edited by Schippmann on Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Schippmann
Filtermeister!

Post by Schippmann » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:43 am

3pand wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:40 pm
Schippmann wrote:
Ceres wrote:
maltemark wrote:

Thanks, I was very curious about the function of the 0-16 and the Start/S&H. Sounds like an amazing module for generating repeating and evolving rhythmic patterns, among other things!

On the DTG, what do the G/Del~ and G-Res jacks do? I’m also wondering how the Hold In functions and what the Dec-Act. output is.
G/Del~ is to select between Gate-function (generating a gate pulse with definite length) and Gate-Delay-function. G-Res is Gate Reset in Gate-mode.
Decay-Active is "high" when the decay phase starts (after attack, before release). A "high" at "Hold" will freeze the current state of the env immediately. By combining the Gate and the env, e.g., you can implement a hold-phase after attack or start the env with a delay after trigger asf.

Jaypee
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:43 am

My brain just explosed :hail:

Schippmann
Filtermeister!

Post by Schippmann » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:58 pm

3pand wrote:
Schippmann wrote:
Ceres wrote:
maltemark wrote:

Yes, exactly - thanks! This was my intention and idea about a shot-LFO/modulator. you can generate triplets, quintuplets and many many more.
Moreover it is possible to change every parameters during the shot. E.g., you could change with some CV-channels (CV-Freq, CV-Num) super fast from a triplet to a quintuplet - the range of possibilities goes to totaly weird patterns (syncing, shape changes, state changes,....).

3pand
Common Wiggler

Post by 3pand » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:14 pm

Schippmann wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:58 pm
3pand wrote:
Schippmann wrote:
Ceres wrote:
maltemark wrote:

Yes, exactly - thanks! This was my intention and idea about a shot-LFO/modulator. you can generate triplets, quintuplets and many many more.
Moreover it is possible to change every parameters during the shot. E.g., you could change with some CV-channels (CV-Freq, CV-Num) super fast from a triplet to a quintuplet - the range of possibilities goes to totaly weird patterns (syncing, shape changes, state changes,....).
So cool. As I drive around Los Angeles stuck in traffic I’ve been patching this module in my head (there’s obviously something wrong with me) and it already feels like it has such a nice balance between determining a larger metric architecture and then letting the smaller rhythmic vegetation grow and run wild inside of that.

Like using the square on one side through a clock divider and then switching or mixing the two sides while changing the shape, freq, etc.

Really fantastic!

Portabella
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Portabella » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:11 pm

That's some great news here ! :goo: :yay:

I am completely sold on the LFO !
Finally something new in the Eurorack-world.
I got so freaking bored of all the new modules recently..
Another standart filter, another LFO.. jeez
We need innovative modules/instruments!
This is why Carsten Schippmann is one of the greatest designer of Eurorack.

Jaypee
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:26 am

Modules are up on modulargrid :miley:

oneiric.tomb
Common Wiggler

Post by oneiric.tomb » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:51 am

:goo:

Now you guys believe me? Lol

When do the preorder start though!?
WTB:
Schippmann Omega Phi mk2
Cwejman BLD-2
Cwejman PH-8

Jee
Common Wiggler

Post by Jee » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:35 am

The designs are incredible, love them already, so much to dig!
I still have a few questions though on DTG:
the VCA out is for shaping the envelope output only or does the envelope actually processes audio with internal pre-routing of the env out to the VCA?
I don't see any audio in so I'm slightly confused.

The gate-O is a replica of the gate input ?
A switch would have been more convenient than a jack for Gate/Delay ? Not sure how I would automate that with CV...
The curves are linear on all segments ? Modulating a linear env with itself gives an expo response maybe that's something to do with the VCA?

Schippmann
Filtermeister!

Post by Schippmann » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:32 am

Jee wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:35 am
The designs are incredible, love them already, so much to dig!
I still have a few questions though on DTG:
the VCA out is for shaping the envelope output only or does the envelope actually processes audio with internal pre-routing of the env out to the VCA?
I don't see any audio in so I'm slightly confused.

The gate-O is a replica of the gate input ?
A switch would have been more convenient than a jack for Gate/Delay ? Not sure how I would automate that with CV...
The curves are linear on all segments ? Modulating a linear env with itself gives an expo response maybe that's something to do with the VCA?
VCA out is same as Env out. Gate out is a gate with definte lenght, independently of gate in, same with delay mode.
A switch cost 6 times of a jack and waste space, take a dummy plug and it's sitched to delay mode. Curves are exponential, where attack is cut at 63% of asymptote. Pos./neg. feedback from Env out to any CV-input (attack, decay, release) will lead to konvex/konkav bending - only 1/20 (very weak feedback) will cause clearly results, but the time is to correct manually.

weirdo
Learning to Wiggle

Post by weirdo » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:55 am

Ich hätte auch gern jeweils 1 von den Modulen. LG, Tobias!

Jee
Common Wiggler

Post by Jee » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:04 pm

Schippmann wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:32 am
A switch cost 6 times of a jack and waste space, take a dummy plug and it's sitched to delay mode. Curves are exponential, where attack is cut at 63% of asymptote. Pos./neg. feedback from Env out to any CV-input (attack, decay, release) will lead to konvex/konkav bending - only 1/20 (very weak feedback) will cause clearly results, but the time is to correct manually.
OK fair point with the swith / plug dummy cable :)
So we get a dedicated VCA to modulate the env out actually, it's super neat for patching purposes and therefore will be very useful creatively speaking!
And the curved shape is great for dynamic stuff, that was clearly my favorite setting of the EG in EuF. Cool !! :sb:
I am not sure I got this sentence right though:

only 1/20 (very weak feedback) will cause clearly results, but the time is to correct manually
>> means a very small amount of feedback will cause big effects right?

I'm totally sold anyway, now the real question is when do they come :hail:

Passing by your VCO makes miracles with all sorts of sounds... here one of the gnarliest bass I played with, patched in 15mn with heavy FM and other stuff played with touché all along the track. Damn it's so good,intense and lively feeling to play your instruments Carsten, this modular is a pure sound jewell. And it sits perfectly with other instruments, the takes from the modular are raw in the track I added nothing on top (there is a 4ms DLD though) except the master limiter that is VST (barely used)!!!
I could never disagree more with those who think a modular sound crap and needs tons of processing afterwards, it's rather the opposite to me :)
https://soundcloud.com/jeeboo/creation-21

3pand
Common Wiggler

Post by 3pand » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:03 pm

According to the website, prototyping is now complete on the dual quadrature-LFO!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”