Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Jee
Common Wiggler

Re: Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Post by Jee » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:12 am

Omega-Phi sold out.
Early Bird price for new modules removed.
As would say Homer Simpson: Toh ! :waah:

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:20 am

Jee wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:12 am
Omega-Phi sold out.
Early Bird price for new modules removed.
As would say Homer Simpson: Toh ! :waah:
i saw those last 2 sitting there and was tempted to empty savings for them! actively had to decide several times that my double omega phi system is enough for me. cheers for whoever landed the last ones.

sucks about the early bird prices being ditched, but i can see why he doesnt want to raise the cost for non early bird. still in for it and glad to see some updates

Jee
Common Wiggler

Post by Jee » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:08 pm

Yeah, still in too definitely.
These modules have opened a world of sonic exploration I am amazed every time I use them. I'm pretty sure the DTG and LFO will add to that, I cannot miss them. Now I just hope Carsten will not be fancy again with prices and come back in 2 weeks with an increased price... :roll:

Sincerely my choice of getting 4 Ophi is really arguable, it's massive overkill and looks totally not reasonable cost-wise. The ZPO is a serious competitor and despite they don't sound the same, one could achieve similar results with multiple ZPO that cost half the price of the ophi.
I'd like to go to 4 voices / 2 opérators FM synth so I'm considering adding 4 ZPO to complete them... but I'm starting softer and I'm thinking of a quad regular compact VCO first to act as modulators only for the 4 ophi, and if I have enough space (i.e. if I build a new case) I will consider the 4 ZPO on top and it will push the insanity to 4 voice / 3 operators FM synth (2 per voice being thru zero keeping pitch intact). :nutter:

And it appeas I actually make use of the 4 ophi pretty much all the time...
No later than today with a new track that came from a fairly complex patch that ended up being self-sufficient considered the tremendous amount of modulations involved... (patching and fine-tuning the modulations took me 2 days for 2mn of audio but it was worth it lol).
1 ophi going through 3 VCF in serie, one of these VCF audio-modulated by a second ophi tuned to the first but played polyphonic at various harmonic or non-harmonic intervals and 2 other ophi layered on top going through a 4th separate filter. All this played live with Touché on 4 axis macro control as usual, orgasmic!
https://soundcloud.com/user-793769115/c ... WImg9WYTq8

It's a private link that I'll remove shortly, it will be part of my next Abstract EP.

Just to make you regret your choice :hihi: :foul:
:surprise:

3pand
Common Wiggler

Post by 3pand » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:58 pm

Sounds amazing!!!! thanks for sharing.

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:09 am

Jee wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:08 pm

It's a private link that I'll remove shortly, it will be part of my next Abstract EP.

hah, dont worry im mighty jealous of your quad, but im very grateful for my duo system as is

loved the track. having the separate voices modulate cutoff instead of just being mixed led to a really great post-filter crunch. dst2 used pre-modulation?

as for fm modulators, ive tried several out, i would highly suggest buying just 1 and trying it out for a long while. what i noticed, is that the omega phi is so precise and delicate of a sound that it will mold to its modulator very strong, so i found the character of the modulator was always shining through and ‘taking over the sound‘. also slight variations in tracking seem to make a huge deal for FM of melodic lines, i can tell you enjoy playin a high variation of notes like i often do(the ophi tracks so perfectly) and it definitely matters. if you can hold out, it looks like the upcoming DLFO might be a better fm modulator with its 1v/oct and quadrature outputs.

Jee
Common Wiggler

Post by Jee » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:00 pm

Yes I do use a range of 5 octaves here if I remember well.
There is actually 3 DST2 involved in between the filters (post filters, 1 pre VCF modulation, 2 post) but none hitting the second modulating voice to the VCF to keep modulation clean and let the harmonics play their game. The distortion arising from momentary dissonances the time I hit the second note gave "dirty note transitions" that I really loved.
You are a very fine observer (listener?) man !!
I wouldn't have bet on someone deciphering that.

I think you also have a ver fair point about the modulators, I don't have so many at my disposal (actually only omega phi at the moment) but I noticed the differences when I used the 0-coast vs Ophi. Indeed, DLFO will be perfect candidate... I wouldn't be against another flavor though, to vary a bit and keep DLFO for weird modulation while FMing...
Let's see. :)

Wubz
Common Wiggler

Post by Wubz » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:37 pm

Jee wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:08 pm
Yeah, still in too definitely.
These modules have opened a world of sonic exploration I am amazed every time I use them. I'm pretty sure the DTG and LFO will add to that, I cannot miss them. Now I just hope Carsten will not be fancy again with prices and come back in 2 weeks with an increased price... :roll:

Sincerely my choice of getting 4 Ophi is really arguable, it's massive overkill and looks totally not reasonable cost-wise. The ZPO is a serious competitor and despite they don't sound the same, one could achieve similar results with multiple ZPO that cost half the price of the ophi.
I'd like to go to 4 voices / 2 opérators FM synth so I'm considering adding 4 ZPO to complete them... but I'm starting softer and I'm thinking of a quad regular compact VCO first to act as modulators only for the 4 ophi, and if I have enough space (i.e. if I build a new case) I will consider the 4 ZPO on top and it will push the insanity to 4 voice / 3 operators FM synth (2 per voice being thru zero keeping pitch intact). :nutter:

And it appeas I actually make use of the 4 ophi pretty much all the time...
No later than today with a new track that came from a fairly complex patch that ended up being self-sufficient considered the tremendous amount of modulations involved... (patching and fine-tuning the modulations took me 2 days for 2mn of audio but it was worth it lol).
1 ophi going through 3 VCF in serie, one of these VCF audio-modulated by a second ophi tuned to the first but played polyphonic at various harmonic or non-harmonic intervals and 2 other ophi layered on top going through a 4th separate filter. All this played live with Touché on 4 axis macro control as usual, orgasmic!
https://soundcloud.com/user-793769115/c ... WImg9WYTq8

I had a ZPO. I bought an Omega Phi , sold the ZPO. The ZPO is nice, sounds awesome but the Omega Phi is in a different class IMO.

oneiric.tomb
Common Wiggler

Post by oneiric.tomb » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:02 pm

Price raised again on modules 😭
WTB:
Schippmann Omega Phi mk2
Cwejman BLD-2
Cwejman PH-8

Jee
Common Wiggler

Post by Jee » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:08 am

No still 750€ dtg and 799€ DLFO

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:07 am

but... production started!

euxine
Wiggling with Experience

Post by euxine » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:24 am

damase wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:07 am
/thread

22tape
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by 22tape » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:36 pm

Yeah it's pretty amusing to watch a thread about new releases when the title states the exact opposite :hihi:

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:46 pm

damase wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:07 am

:yay:

3pand
Common Wiggler

Post by 3pand » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:28 am

looks like the complete manual is now available! (in German)

Jee
Common Wiggler

Post by Jee » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:27 pm

Pre-orders open 1st July on the website!

B0bcat
Wiggling with Experience

Post by B0bcat » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:01 pm

Jee wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:27 pm
Pre-orders open 1st July on the website!
(For DTG)
WTB: Plan B / SubCon Model 15 VCO, Plan B Model 12 VCF, ADDAC 805v1, MakeNoise QMMG

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:43 pm

thats excellent news but i was sort of hoping id have a chance to secure mine so i didnt have to risk some nightmare where i woke up and it was sold out already. Is what it is though, i guess ill be checking back every so often at the east german time zone and hope for the best

3pand
Common Wiggler

Post by 3pand » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:44 pm

damase wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:43 pm
thats excellent news but i was sort of hoping id have a chance to secure mine so i didnt have to risk some nightmare where i woke up and it was sold out already. Is what it is though, i guess ill be checking back every so often at the east german time zone and hope for the best
Hopefully all the scalpers that immediately re-list other small run modules for thousands of dollars will stay away from this one!!!

Jee
Common Wiggler

Post by Jee » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:23 pm

Full DTG manual available (brain melter but quite some info and useful graphs).
Hopefully all the scalpers that immediately re-list other small run modules for thousands of dollars will stay away from this one!!!
What do you mean by "re-list other small run"?
Like people purchasing the modules in "large quantities" to organize quick sold out and then place them at higher price on the market at later stage?

Jee
Common Wiggler

Post by Jee » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:22 pm

Well Carsten didn't sell his modules very fast in the past but they were much larger runs for the other modules (I think around 300 units).
Write to Carsten he might keep one for you if you're already a known good customer.
I paid today by bank transfer to secure my 2 units.

3pand
Common Wiggler

Post by 3pand » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:34 pm

Paypal link is up!

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:35 pm

yesss got my order in. so excited for this

Jaypee
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:05 am

Might sell my cwejman Adsr-VC2 to fund it...

Full support Carsten/Schippmann!
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:18 am

ended up going back to order a second one. usually i dont like to repeat too much across my systems, just so i branch out my patching ideas and dont sound repetitive... but this one felt different.

What my justification is that that, all creative design aspects aside, in many ways an ADSR is just a tool that you just need to dial in quickly and accurately, you need to feel it... and so i dont see that having the perfect tool across different several voices having a “same” kind of feeling, instead i think it will help me no-fuss dial in my perfect notes every time across all my voices

Jee
Common Wiggler

Post by Jee » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:17 pm

Might be a good move ;)
57 left already...
Can’t wait to try it out!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”