Schippmann to end Eurorack production

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Post Reply
User avatar
oneiric.tomb
Common Wiggler
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:36 pm
Location: Oakland, California

Post by oneiric.tomb » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:39 am

Huge Schippmann fan here. Quite sad to not have the VCA, EG and LFO realized... talking to him he had really insane ideas for the latter two that were pretty innovative.

For the lfo think d-lfo meets ph-8 with multishot triggers and many sync points....
FS:
L-1 Stereo Compressor

WTB:
Schippmann Omega Phi mk2
Cwejman BLD-2
Cwejman PH-8

User avatar
damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 am
Location: Texas

Post by damase » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:47 am

oneiric.tomb wrote: For the lfo think d-lfo meets ph-8 with multishot triggers and many sync points....
:sadbanana:
it would have been, just so good...

Jaypee
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:46 am

Post by Jaypee » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:41 am

:eek:

Carsten, please, do a kick starter for these forthcoming abandoned modules. :hail:
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

User avatar
Severed head
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:24 am

Post by Severed head » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:10 am

Jaypee wrote::eek:

Carsten, please, do a kick starter for these forthcoming abandoned modules. :hail:
I was kinda think the same thing, as it seems that a whole lot of folks really wanted these modules.

would it be so strange for a group of folks who had the financial means to approach him, and ask about which circuit designs are completed and just need manufactured and attempt to strike up some agreement allowing the modules to see there creation through, with out putting any burden on schippmann, (company or self).
obviously the circuits would need to be at a point he wanted them. but idk maybe thats sorta wishful dreamin'
WTB: modules, MA35 filter.
:help:

User avatar
Bobby
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 488
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:24 pm
Location: avoiding Muff's for a bit

Post by Bobby » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:32 am

Severed head wrote:
Jaypee wrote::eek:

Carsten, please, do a kick starter for these forthcoming abandoned modules. :hail:
I was kinda think the same thing, as it seems that a whole lot of folks really wanted these modules.

would it be so strange for a group of folks who had the financial means to approach him, and ask about which circuit designs are completed and just need manufactured and attempt to strike up some agreement allowing the modules to see there creation through, with out putting any burden on schippmann, (company or self).
obviously the circuits would need to be at a point he wanted them. but idk maybe thats sorta wishful dreamin'
This would be nice but we dont know how the financials stack up for a run. guess that's the beauty of kickstater though, that if he doesn't reach the target, he doesn't have to proceed.... for now i guess we can dream.

User avatar
damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 am
Location: Texas

Post by damase » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:58 pm

Bobby wrote:
Severed head wrote:
Jaypee wrote::eek:

Carsten, please, do a kick starter for these forthcoming abandoned modules. :hail:
I was kinda think the same thing, as it seems that a whole lot of folks really wanted these modules.

would it be so strange for a group of folks who had the financial means to approach him, and ask about which circuit designs are completed and just need manufactured and attempt to strike up some agreement allowing the modules to see there creation through, with out putting any burden on schippmann, (company or self).
obviously the circuits would need to be at a point he wanted them. but idk maybe thats sorta wishful dreamin'
This would be nice but we dont know how the financials stack up for a run. guess that's the beauty of kickstater though, that if he doesn't reach the target, he doesn't have to proceed.... for now i guess we can dream.
id be on board without question. its limited edition artwork at this point

Jaypee
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:46 am

Post by Jaypee » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Anyone can send a mail to Carsten? :miley:
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4133
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:46 pm

Post by Dogma » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:55 pm

oneiric.tomb wrote:Huge Schippmann fan here. Quite sad to not have the VCA, EG and LFO realized... talking to him he had really insane ideas for the latter two that were pretty innovative.

For the lfo think d-lfo meets ph-8 with multishot triggers and many sync points....
Where did you get that info?

I’ve got the phi ii and just got a vcf02 (yes I love it - it’s taken a while but)
There is just a lot more competition- SSF makes modules of similar quality and jordananalog

It’s a shame but it’s been coming for years, he’s had a sale on for aboutthat long closing, then not closing, now again closing
look up!

User avatar
Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 5657
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: on a big voyage

Post by Funky40 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:51 pm

is he allready back or does it take another 10 pages ?
For sale / reduced prices ( swiss (we are NON-EU)/ in case it makes sense_ EU/WW)(CHF +- = $):
lowered prices: Dotcom Q960: 650.- / Q119: 420 / ( i also have one or much likely two 19" Frames)
ATV A-Frame incl. Accu and Bag: 830.-, like new, quasi unused.

User avatar
oneiric.tomb
Common Wiggler
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:36 pm
Location: Oakland, California

Post by oneiric.tomb » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:32 pm

Dogma
I got that info from Carsten himself. We've shared a fair bit of dialog over the last few years. I had mentioned that with the plethora of utility modules around a boutique lfo and eg could be hard in the market unless very special, then he explained to me his design ideas, which included cross modulation, multiple sync points, possible multi triggers/ bursts and quadrature. Pretty much my dream lfo thats for sure, and perfect for fm stuff. I dont know if it does audio rate or not, but that would also make it a completely insane oscillator.
FS:
L-1 Stereo Compressor

WTB:
Schippmann Omega Phi mk2
Cwejman BLD-2
Cwejman PH-8

electricanada
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1084
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 am
Location: Norfolk, VA

Post by electricanada » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:27 pm

Bobby wrote:
This would be nice but we dont know how the financials stack up for a run. guess that's the beauty of kickstater though, that if he doesn't reach the target, he doesn't have to proceed.... for now i guess we can dream.
Many people are boycotting Kickstarter after they fired employees for organizing a union.
Eléctrica (electric) Nāda (the yoga of sound).

User avatar
Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1538
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Post by Multi Grooves » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:40 pm

electricanada wrote:
Bobby wrote:
This would be nice but we dont know how the financials stack up for a run. guess that's the beauty of kickstater though, that if he doesn't reach the target, he doesn't have to proceed.... for now i guess we can dream.
Many people are boycotting Kickstarter after they fired employees for organizing a union.
That's good to know,, thanks for sharing.
...but Cynthia, my Daddy never had a heath kit..

3pand
Common Wiggler
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:56 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post by 3pand » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:28 am

Just checked the site again and it looks like they are considering small runs of the already-designed modules for those who are interested. It says to send an email expressing interest. Count me in!!!

User avatar
oneiric.tomb
Common Wiggler
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:36 pm
Location: Oakland, California

Post by oneiric.tomb » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:17 am

That makes two of us! 3pand

If eceryone who wants one of the new designs can email fasten please do.


Also maybe tally up ppl who would preorder here.
FS:
L-1 Stereo Compressor

WTB:
Schippmann Omega Phi mk2
Cwejman BLD-2
Cwejman PH-8

Jee
Common Wiggler
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:50 am

Post by Jee » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:55 am

That sounds great I would totally be in !!

User avatar
Bobby
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 488
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:24 pm
Location: avoiding Muff's for a bit

Post by Bobby » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:00 am

Does anyone have pictures of the designs being considered? Would be good to see what's on the table.

...happy to email the maestro but if anyone already has these and could share it might help. Pretty sure is was keen on the ring mod.
Last edited by Bobby on Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sanys
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:02 pm
Location: Saint CV

Post by Sanys » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:35 am

yep would love to see the designs first

User avatar
damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 am
Location: Texas

Post by damase » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:32 am

nice! would be great for that info but i know i wouldnt want to miss out... email sent.....

Jee
Common Wiggler
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:50 am

Post by Jee » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:28 pm

I would love to see te designs too.. I will send him an email as well.

Jaypee
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:46 am

Post by Jaypee » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:34 am

I'm in!

:spin:
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

Portabella
Common Wiggler
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by Portabella » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:24 am

He must have gotten a load of emails in the past days :party:

lets hope
:hail:

User avatar
robotsounds
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:24 am

Post by robotsounds » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:24 am

electricanada wrote:
Bobby wrote:
This would be nice but we dont know how the financials stack up for a run. guess that's the beauty of kickstater though, that if he doesn't reach the target, he doesn't have to proceed.... for now i guess we can dream.
Many people are boycotting Kickstarter after they fired employees for organizing a union.
There is always Indiegogo.

I would be in also for the LFO.
New track, mostly modular...

[s]http://soundcloud.com/user-290320341/dream-of-the-ant[/s]

User avatar
monads
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1941
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Odyssey Island
Contact:

Post by monads » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:22 pm

Yeah going to email as well to get on a list!!! Love to see the designs to actually know what to pre-order.

Portabella
Common Wiggler
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by Portabella » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:04 am

Has anyone here heard back from Mister Schippmann?
I've wrote him an motivating email regarding this thread, and asked for the LFO.. but never heard back.
I guess it's just too much too answer for him :despair: :lol:

User avatar
Bobby
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 488
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:24 pm
Location: avoiding Muff's for a bit

Post by Bobby » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:21 am

Portabella wrote:Has anyone here heard back from Mister Schippmann?
I've wrote him an motivating email regarding this thread, and asked for the LFO.. but never heard back.
I guess it's just too much too answer for him :despair: :lol:
How long you been waiting? He got back to me after a couple of days when I had a question.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”