Behringer Go eurorack case

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Post Reply
Jaypee
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1053
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:46 am

Post by Jaypee » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:08 am

paperCUT wrote:
Soundwave wrote:They couldn't get Maths copied yet for the production of the video...
You mean the Serge VCS?
:hihi:
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

User avatar
Soundwave
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by Soundwave » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:19 am

nectarios wrote: P.S. I am not laughing about the VCS/DSUG part...just laughing about people complaining about stuff that Behringer copies and how its ok if other companies copy stuff...there was a video on my feed yesterday where Verbos was talking about Behringer copying the Minimoog...I found that quite ironic and entertaining to see/hear.
I would say what Behringer does isn't comparable with anything that happened before on the synthesizer market...

In the end i just hope it has a good effect on innovation and the smaller companies that are all active here. I really like those and what they gave us in the last 10 years. But i'm not a fortune teller and so isn't anyone here.

hewed
Common Wiggler
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by hewed » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:27 am

Hi Behringer people reading this thread. I complement you for your smart way of entering the market via racks.

From my perspective, I'd be a buyer without sliding nuts. They are frustrating enough to make a real difference to my customer decision journey. I'd be willing to pay a little more for a value proposition that had fixed rails.

EDIT: If you made a version that had mounts that meant I could stack two of these things, I'd probably buy 2 as I expand.
Last edited by hewed on Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
More GAS budget than talent

User avatar
suthnear
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 905
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: located

Post by suthnear » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:30 am

Assuming that this is true, then you shall have your wish about rails:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... stcount=28

hewed
Common Wiggler
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by hewed » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:31 am

suthnear wrote:Assuming that this is true, then you shall have your wish about rails:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... stcount=28
Huzzah for the co-creation of value through interactive relationships with customers.
More GAS budget than talent

ckwjr
Common Wiggler
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:30 am

Post by ckwjr » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:51 am

A Neutron, a Pro-1 and the remainder of the 280 hp with Behringer modules for less than $1500 total is a pretty compelling deal - a great way to get into Eurorack. Unfortunately my setup won't accommodate anything that wide. I built my space around two columns of 84 hp and 2 columns of 104 hp, and that's the way it's going to be for a while.

User avatar
Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2488
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:14 pm
Location: ABQ,NM

Post by Zymos » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:24 am

pekbro wrote:At least they didnt call the Behringer Arthropod or something. :hihi:
Bantis.

User avatar
pieter
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1615
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:59 pm
Location: UK

Post by pieter » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:38 am

Not gonna lie, that looks like a nice case. I wish they kept the sliding nuts, though.

User avatar
suthnear
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 905
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: located

Post by suthnear » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:54 am

pieter wrote:Not gonna lie, that looks like a nice case. I wish they kept the sliding nuts, though.
:hihi:

markincork
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:58 pm

Post by markincork » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:04 am

suthnear wrote:
pieter wrote:Not gonna lie, that looks like a nice case. I wish they kept the sliding nuts, though.
:hihi:
Free the sliding nuts one!

User avatar
what gives?
Common Wiggler
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:35 am

Post by what gives? » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:06 am

How are the rails attached? Maybe the nuts can be replaced.

User avatar
starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4162
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:39 am
Location: St Louis, MO
Contact:

Post by starthief » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:07 am

If I were in the market for a new case (and I'm not) I'd have to skip this one because 140 is just too wide.

But black is a much better color than the "90s PC tower" plastic of the Mantis.

User avatar
Nightly Closures
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:58 pm
Location: Miami

Post by Nightly Closures » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:14 am

As mentioned elsewhere, why call it “Go” if it doesn’t have a lid?

User avatar
what gives?
Common Wiggler
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:35 am

Post by what gives? » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:15 am

Lid is 300 € extra

Arneb
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:50 pm

Post by Arneb » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:38 am

Nightly Closures wrote:As mentioned elsewhere, why call it “Go” if it doesn’t have a lid?
I'm kinda confused about what use case Behringer have in mind anyways. 140HP strikes me as too unwieldy for a portable case, that's more the size I'd expect from a Doepfer-Monster-style case designed to be part of a big studio setup; however the shape doesn't lend to stacking either.

User avatar
Euro Trash Bazooka
Common Wiggler
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:44 am
Location: Bdx, France.

Post by Euro Trash Bazooka » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:45 am

You only get what you pay for, a poorly thought-out rack with a more than likely crappy power supply I wouldn't want to use with my modules.

User avatar
Addam
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:40 pm
Location: Hudson Valley

Post by Addam » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:50 am

I imagine this is a little heavy and awkward to carry when filled up too.

Would be interested in seeing a 3 row 60hp studio case.

User avatar
deftinwulf
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:34 am

Post by deftinwulf » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:53 am

starthief wrote:But black is a much better color than the "90s PC tower" plastic of the Mantis.
I must be getting old... I happen to like the "90s PC tower" color of my Mantis. :hihi: :lol:

User avatar
Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2488
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:14 pm
Location: ABQ,NM

Post by Zymos » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:08 pm

Nightly Closures wrote:As mentioned elsewhere, why call it “Go” if it doesn’t have a lid?
There's no lid because the product they copied doesn't have a lid :deadbanana:

ckwjr
Common Wiggler
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:30 am

Post by ckwjr » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:11 pm

3 x 104 is a much more portable configuration than 2 x 140 if someone wants to make me that with a handle and a lid.

Jaypee
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1053
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:46 am

Post by Jaypee » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:26 pm

Euro Trash Bazooka wrote:You only get what you pay for, a poorly thought-out rack with a more than likely crappy power supply I wouldn't want to use with my modules.
Where can we read about power spec?


But I agree, good power supplies are not cheap.
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

User avatar
SphericalSound
Common Wiggler
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:23 am
Location: Spain

Post by SphericalSound » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:34 pm

It has 3 amps power (3 zones of 1A)

User avatar
Severed head
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:24 am

Post by Severed head » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:36 pm

nectarios wrote:
paperCUT wrote:
Soundwave wrote:They couldn't get Maths copied yet for the production of the video...
You mean the Serge VCS?
:lol:
P.S. I am not laughing about the VCS/DSUG part...just laughing about people complaining about stuff that Behringer copies and how its ok if other companies copy stuff...there was a video on my feed yesterday where Verbos was talking about Behringer copying the Minimoog...I found that quite ironic and entertaining to see/hear.
Soundwave wrote:
nectarios wrote: P.S. I am not laughing about the VCS/DSUG part...just laughing about people complaining about stuff that Behringer copies and how its ok if other companies copy stuff...there was a video on my feed yesterday where Verbos was talking about Behringer copying the Minimoog...I found that quite ironic and entertaining to see/hear.
I would say what Behringer does isn't comparable with anything that happened before on the synthesizer market...

In the end i just hope it has a good effect on innovation and the smaller companies that are all active here. I really like those and what they gave us in the last 10 years. But i'm not a fortune teller and so isn't anyone here.
blue lantern
WTB: modules, MA35 filter.
:help:

zerodivide
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 402
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:05 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Post by zerodivide » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:36 pm

ckwjr wrote:3 x 104 is a much more portable configuration than 2 x 140 if someone wants to make me that with a handle and a lid.
Does anybody make a 9u 104hp portable case?

User avatar
Synthient Sound
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by Synthient Sound » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Glad they are changing to mounting strips. I'm curious to see the price on this.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”