Anybody got/used a CATOFF 4 CH mixer?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

JAmesLS
Learning to Wiggle

Anybody got/used a CATOFF 4 CH mixer?

Post by JAmesLS » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:04 am

Far as I can tell, this is the only mixer with this footprint that has two aux sends, quarter inch outs, headphone monitor, and this many inputs.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/catoff-mi ... mplete-set

I currently just play a setup that’s a few semi-modulars connected to a Digitakt and a line mixer but the panning and sends on this is making me want to buy a 4MS pod and watch my life and finances slowly unravel.

Has anyone bought or touched one of these, or dealt with this company in any way? Literally the only references to them online are ModularGrid and their own website. (I think they did themselves no search favors naming their company one letter off from cutoff.)

Agawell
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Agawell » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:37 am

no idea about the catoff mixer - but I would get a bigger case than a 4ms pod - 6u/104hp is a good starter size - sooner or later you will need it and buying a small, relatively expensive pod 1st is imo just a false economy

RecycleYourPets
Common Wiggler

Post by RecycleYourPets » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:04 am

Looks like a great mixer, but given its features is there a particular reason you want something like this in eurorack? Its expand-ability is cool but unless your really trying to save space you could upgrade your current line mixer to a soundcraft EPM6 (covers your inputs and 2 aux sends) for 2/3rd the cost of the catoff and then not need to buy a 4ms pod or other euro case just to get the mixer running.
Schenk.work - instagram.com/schenk.work

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by versipellis » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:53 am

RecycleYourPets wrote:Looks like a great mixer, but given its features is there a particular reason you want something like this in eurorack? Its expand-ability is cool but unless your really trying to save space you could upgrade your current line mixer to a soundcraft EPM6 (covers your inputs and 2 aux sends) for 2/3rd the cost of the catoff and then not need to buy a 4ms pod or other euro case just to get the mixer running.
Agreed with this. It also lacks a PFL/cue function, which I usually find to be a deal breaker.
tunes: https://www.soundcloud.com/dycedot
in boston? I run nights: https://www.facebook.com/4OTFEvents/
selling [Moog Sub Phatty, KMI K-Mix w/ MIDI expander, Erica Synths Bassline]: viewtopic.php?p=3142686

Severed head
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Severed head » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:22 pm

so theres 4 posts here, mine 5 and 5 views of this module.
so im guessing no one has this module.

.the module - it looks cool, I think the way they made the expanders connect is nice, possible less chance for user error. , im not sure how it would work if you tried to place the module next to a different module that wasn't part of the mix system if it didn't have the expander(s) connected. but it seems for the mater Channel you need at least one XIN channel so I guess that not a concern

.the website it - looks like a 5th grader built it to sell book-it pizza coupons or what ever the Russian Equivalent of Book-it is.
WTB: modules, MA35 filter.
:help:

JAmesLS
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Anybody got/used a CATOFF 4 CH mixer?

Post by JAmesLS » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:52 pm

That soundcraft looks like a good solution, but at the moment my goals are

1) solve my need-a-mixer-with-sends problem and get a few other eurorack modules; looking at Maths and a nice pingtastic filter like a Serge VCFQ or a dual borg. (I know those combined require a bigger case than I described.)

2) find a mixer solution that will fit on the exactly-road-case-sized platform i’ve built for my semi-modulars-and-Digitakt setup.

JAmesLS
Learning to Wiggle

Post by JAmesLS » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:54 pm

And yes, the website and especially their vendor’s website makes me a bit hesitant

Severed head
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Severed head » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:09 pm

for me,
functionality aside
I only order things internationally from well standing manufactures(modules or otherwise)
as much as I like to support the little guy, it avoids problems
WTB: modules, MA35 filter.
:help:

Return to “Eurorack Modules”