Unveil your secrets

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

Buttons ARE toys
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Unveil your secrets

Post by Buttons ARE toys » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:08 pm

The Timo Rozendal / YuSynth Steiner-Parker filter sounds amazing and the amplifier per input, along with being 8hp, puts it miles ahead of the competitors IMO.

I don't see the Shakmat Time Wizard in enough racks. That thing is incredibly funky.

I wouldn't say it's unpopular, but Mutable Instruments' Frames gets pretty overshadowed by the rest of their lineup and it is one of the most useful and inspiring modules I've ever touched. It really stokes my imagination and I keep finding new uses for it.
Astronomical Dusk - a web radio show of synthetic delights and collected oddities. Airs monthly at astronomical dusk.

hinterlands303
Ultra Wiggler

Post by hinterlands303 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:18 pm

Johnnyfive wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:03 pm
Doepfer a-189-1 bit crusher. Sub-£100 bit crusher which can get a range of weird sounds out of audio signals, from aggressive distortion to ring mod type sounds to white noise-y mess. Small and cheap and I'm amazed it isn't more popular.
The a-189-1 is such a great module! In addition to audio it’s also great at mangling cv sources.

I’ll add the Ian Fritz Dual AD/AR. It’s a 4hp analog dual envelope with channel normalization that’s switchable between attack/decay and attack/release. Simple, but I like the shapes I get out of it and it was around $60.

Lots of NLC love already but I’ll add the 329 Phase/Flange which sounds amazing and is hard to find info about.

Johnnyfive
Common Wiggler

Post by Johnnyfive » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:06 pm

hinterlands303 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:18 pm
The a-189-1 is such a great module! In addition to audio it’s also great at mangling cv sources.
i've been meaning to try this but never got round to it - thanks for reminding me! especially since i recently got an oscilloscope so i'll be able to see what the 189-1 does to cv signals. also it's a module which, while great, i find that i don't want to overuse on audio, so it would be good to be able to put it to use in other ways.

evs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by evs » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:29 am

youwe9 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:02 pm
evs wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:53 am
Jag (!!!)
E350 used as an lfo.
How do you use the Jag. It would be great, if you share some ideas...
Nothing special really, often I just put the e350 into it.
Xy out in x on the jag and z out into y out. And than just search for nice wavetables. Voila, and you have Modulation voltages for your whole system..:-)

youwe9
Common Wiggler

Post by youwe9 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:53 pm

NIce!
Thank you...

smithjohn
Common Wiggler

Post by smithjohn » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:51 am

Olegtron Confusor 2. 4 inputs and outputs with switches and gate inputs to switch the routing of which input goes to which output. Great way to add variation to a patch.

Tesseract Modular Step Fader sequencer. Only been using it for a couple of days though, but has a lot of well thought out features. The sliders on the sequencers have a lot of range for tweaking since it also has a master attenuator per channel. Gate input for switching play modes, a ton of outputs and 2 gate rows per channel etc. Also looks great :mrgreen:

2disbetter
Ultra Wiggler

Post by 2disbetter » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:57 am

My entries would be the Happy Nerding PanMix, and the Rossum Evolution filter.

The PanMix is just a super useful module that is built like a tank with the most awesome combo knobs within eurorack.

The Evolution is just a really good filter that is lush and full. I love filters, and this is by far my favorite.

solipsvs
Wiggling with Experience

Post by solipsvs » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:54 am

ive had the most fun with the humble audio quad operator, nothing quite like it in fm already out there.

new to me in 19 is tinrs wobbler. love this thing

VM
Common Wiggler

Post by VM » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:20 am

X1L3 modules. Sounds like plumes of acrid filth spewing from a radioactive sewer vent. Going to make several videos about these, and they will be featured on my next album.
Current curator of Perth Ambient.

b9
Common Wiggler

Post by b9 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:37 am

soggybag wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:36 pm
I get a lot of use out of o_C and Temp Utile. The secret is to save the settings in your current app after each use!

I love these two modules but the menu diving and all of the options make it hard to get back to your previous state. This is particularly good for things that take a while to setup like Sequins.

The secret, save your settings! o_C saves settings with each app, Long Press the right encoder get to the app screen, then long press the right encoder again. You should see an expanding quadrilateral that signals the settings have been saved. Settings are only saved for the currently active app. I find that if I save what I’m working on after each session my life is easier.

Temps Utile has 4 presets you can save. Long press the right encoder from the options screen, this should display settings. Use the left encoder to choose save, then use the right encoder to choose a preset to save to and long press the right encoder to save.
non secreter, I use 2 o_C's + 1 temps. With all of the various sequences and modulation settings, there is plenty of storage for different ideas. Multiple songs, parts, and rhythms can all be recalled simply by selecting different apps. It seems to greatly reward an unhealthy obsession with parameter tweaking, from which I suffer. A written list of app combinations + temps save slots serves as my only reference for as long as I can keep the patch intact.

electricanada
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by electricanada » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:08 pm

Daisuk wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:01 am
Ladik Derivator
Any interesting patch ideas for it?
Eléctrica (electric) Nāda (the yoga of sound).

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:38 am

electricanada wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:08 pm
Daisuk wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:01 am
Ladik Derivator
Any interesting patch ideas for it?
Not really. I just like sending semi-random cv into it (I like sending it looping envelopes from an omnimod) and using the gates it spit out to clock various things, trigger other envelopes and stuff like that. It can really clock an entire patch in a really wonky way if you let it. Pretty experimental, of course, but can sound pretty nice if you find a decent balance. :)

homepoeteuro
Learning to Wiggle

Post by homepoeteuro » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:57 am

Pixel Drum from Beast Tek. Full decay and it's magic.

SarahB
Common Wiggler

Post by SarahB » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:04 am

Klavis Caltrans!! - This module is so insanely useful and awesome!! I've been tuning everything by ear and it's been a faff to say the least.. also tracking was out on two of my three oscillators so I was constantly having to rebalance pitches. This little module automatically gets everything perfectly lined up and tracks them nice and evenly, and then becomes a really neat and easy octave and semitone shifter for each separate channel. It's ace!

naturligfunktion
Veteran Wiggler

Post by naturligfunktion » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:09 am

VCAs are really as good as people go on about them. If you can, get another one

unclebastard
Common Wiggler

Post by unclebastard » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:18 am

My primary voice doesn't seem to get much posted about, so I'll chuck it in the mix: SE Tonestar 2600. This thing is a versatile beast of sound, doing everything I ask of it. Smooth liquid Rolandish leads to the heaviest of basses, PWM, with both filter gain and VCA feedback available to add any amount of filth and girth- or to thin out if needed. I'm still finding new sounds from it, and although it is a completely normalled voice there are enough patch points to allow external modulators in to play. I'm not letting this one out of my case.
Good deals with: Eremitalf, ben_hex, matttech, Elevator Sound

IEC
Wiggling with Experience

Post by IEC » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:44 pm

unclebastard wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:18 am
My primary voice doesn't seem to get much posted about, so I'll chuck it in the mix: SE Tonestar 2600. This thing is a versatile beast of sound, doing everything I ask of it. Smooth liquid Rolandish leads to the heaviest of basses, PWM, with both filter gain and VCA feedback available to add any amount of filth and girth- or to thin out if needed. I'm still finding new sounds from it, and although it is a completely normalled voice there are enough patch points to allow external modulators in to play. I'm not letting this one out of my case.
The tone of the thing is awesome too! Cant get a bad sound out of it... SE dont seem to get enough props for just how good they are at tuning things to be beautiful and musical, sort of like the old roland gear in a away

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:16 pm

Old Harvestman Malgorithm in small doses with attenuated modulation or used on modulators. Let Sloths run into it.

Put CV's into FM Aid mix the outs with Pittsburgh Bender (modulated just enough to not lock up) into a Matrix Mixer. Sometimes mind blowing... sometimes mush.

Doepfer A-196 PLL - never know what I will get.
FS: Pedals and Euro modules, Delta Labs
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=233636&p=3287718&h ... e#p3287718
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

unclebastard
Common Wiggler

Post by unclebastard » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:22 am

IEC wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:44 pm
unclebastard wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:18 am
The tone of the thing is awesome too! Cant get a bad sound out of it... SE dont seem to get enough props for just how good they are at tuning things to be beautiful and musical, sort of like the old roland gear in a away
This is true: I haven't yet found anything which doesn't sound good, no matter how I tweak. No unexpected harshness ( cranking the gain/+feedback can make it shout, but only when I want it to ), no tonal gaps. Just good sound everywhere.
Good deals with: Eremitalf, ben_hex, matttech, Elevator Sound

Bhola
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Bhola » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:36 am

i want to say Folktek Conduit desktop

Mannstrane
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Mannstrane » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:50 pm

Not sure why the Rossum Panharmonium isn't more popular. This thing is absolutely amazing. There aren't any videos on YouTube I have found that do justice for this unit.

Creating pads from single melodies with this is amazing. You can have it sample every 16th note then transpose the with a quantized random voltage to create beautiful tones.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”