Ochd by Instruo / DivKid

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

mnchrme
Common Wiggler

Re: Ochd by Instruo / DivKid

Post by mnchrme » Sat May 30, 2020 7:40 pm

versipellis wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:10 pm
luchog wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:54 pm
scragz wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:55 pm
Recently I've had quicker shipping from Signal in Glasgow to Seattle using their Fedex option than I have from East coast to Seattle using USPS or UPS. Also the GBP is so bad right now the prices end up being below retail.
I just checked that, and yeah, total cost is about 20% less for basic airmail shipping with tracking from Glasgow to Seattle right now, vs. $200 retail from PerfectCircuit; so I went ahead and pulled that trigger, since I'm definitely in need of some general-purpose LFOs.
So much gear is cheaper buying in the UK and shipping it than it is buying it stateside, it's bewildering. I was looking at Mastersounds Radius mixers and new ones (even before the recent 3rd Gen price drop) were 200USD below used prices.
Crazy. It has to do with margins. If I could order straight from the creator and cut down the middle man from that chain then it would be smooth for all parties involved for sure. Not mentioning better pricing on certain items. But I get it. One can’t just manage everything by himself without a clone or two.

mnchrme
Common Wiggler

Post by mnchrme » Sat May 30, 2020 7:41 pm

Double post. :roll:

kingsmore
Learning to Wiggle

Post by kingsmore » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:23 am

Thanks for the above. Have been waiting to buy this module. Think it was $195 shipped to LA. Just putting out a personal opinion but I literally go to all the other modular places before perfect circuit. Not really intentionally at first, but they don’t have competitive prices and I have spent a lot of money there in-store with poor customer service. My experience, might not be typical. I know I’m not the only one but Signal Sounds has had great customer service. Sent me my ASM early and helped along a few purchases. Just wish there was a Los Angeles branch!

closedLoop
Wiggling with Experience

Post by closedLoop » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:51 am

Just came up in stock at Control...
as well as Arbhar.

I'm almost inclined to get a second Ochd.

B0bcat
Wiggling with Experience

Post by B0bcat » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:59 am

got shippng notification from Control
WTB:
Malekko/Wiard Oscillator (Gargoyles),
Sputnik Dual Oscillator,
Plan B / SubCon Model 15 VCO, Plan B Model 12 VCF,
Macro Machines Storage Strip,
Intellijel FlipFlop,
Bastl SoftPop

Shakespeare
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Shakespeare » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:09 pm

Mine just showed up... can't wait to get to it!

megarat
Wiggling with Experience

Post by megarat » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:00 pm

kingsmore wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:23 am
Thanks for the above. Have been waiting to buy this module. Think it was $195 shipped to LA. Just putting out a personal opinion but I literally go to all the other modular places before perfect circuit. Not really intentionally at first, but they don’t have competitive prices and I have spent a lot of money there in-store with poor customer service. My experience, might not be typical.
For a counter example, I’ve had excellent experiences with Perfect Circuit, ranging from prompt and helpful responses to my inquiries, to no-hassle fulfillment of returns. My only complaint about them has to do with their preference to ship via FedEx Home and requiring a signature for delivery. FedEx Home in my area is notoriously unreliable and this has caused some havoc, but only of the First World Problem variety.

All of that said, I’m glad that the Ochd is finally available in the States. I’ve been psyched to get my preorder for months now.

SavageMessiah
Wiggling with Experience

Post by SavageMessiah » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:56 pm

Gah I ordered one from Signal Sounds and fedex immediately had a delivery exception and the package hasn't even left the UK yet. Now I wish I had just waited and got one from Control.

mhtones
Dreams in CV

Post by mhtones » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:11 pm

Thanks for the heads up! Ordered! I don't even have room in my case for this right now, but I want to try it out and see if it earns its space and bumps something else. :hihi:
FS (US): Cold Mac, Rene v1
FT (US): Boog Model D for B Wasp
WTB (US): Harvestman/IME Zorlon Cannon mk2 :harvestman:

mnchrme
Common Wiggler

Post by mnchrme » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:47 pm

mhtones wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:11 pm
Thanks for the heads up! Ordered! I don't even have room in my case for this right now, but I want to try it out and see if it earns its space and bumps something else. :hihi:
It will blow you out. You can achieve some serge-esque stuff with it easily.

As for me. I am still waiting for them to re-stock at Schneidersladen. All other vendors are already sold out. Hopefully they get them soon. Already paid for them. I don't feel like waiting with this one. The sooner I unleash LFO madness the better. ;)

At least I have my lovely IPA here. :guinness:

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:53 pm

ddoyen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ddoyen » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:08 pm

megarat wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:00 pm
kingsmore wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:23 am
Thanks for the above. Have been waiting to buy this module. Think it was $195 shipped to LA. Just putting out a personal opinion but I literally go to all the other modular places before perfect circuit. Not really intentionally at first, but they don’t have competitive prices and I have spent a lot of money there in-store with poor customer service. My experience, might not be typical.
For a counter example, I’ve had excellent experiences with Perfect Circuit, ranging from prompt and helpful responses to my inquiries, to no-hassle fulfillment of returns. My only complaint about them has to do with their preference to ship via FedEx Home and requiring a signature for delivery. FedEx Home in my area is notoriously unreliable and this has caused some havoc, but only of the First World Problem variety.

All of that said, I’m glad that the Ochd is finally available in the States. I’ve been psyched to get my preorder for months now.
Fyi, if you arent gonna be around to accept delivery but still want to get your stuff on time, there are certain stores that partner with fedex and you can have your package redirected to them at no cost. I do it at a local Walgreens now and then.

Standup
Common Wiggler

Post by Standup » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Control has created a tracking number, but it’s languishing in pre-shipping. Should have it relatively soon.

megarat
Wiggling with Experience

Post by megarat » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:36 pm

ddoyen wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:08 pm
megarat wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:00 pm
My only complaint about them has to do with their preference to ship via FedEx Home and requiring a signature for delivery. FedEx Home in my area is notoriously unreliable and this has caused some havoc, but only of the First World Problem variety.
Fyi, if you arent gonna be around to accept delivery but still want to get your stuff on time, there are certain stores that partner with fedex and you can have your package redirected to them at no cost. I do it at a local Walgreens now and then.
Thanks, I do occasionally arrange w/FedEx to drop it off at a nearby FedEx Office location, from which I can pick it up when it’s convenient. Nowadays it’s less of a problem, as I’m home all the time, for better or worse.

Shakespeare
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Shakespeare » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:09 pm

SavageMessiah wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:56 pm
Gah I ordered one from Signal Sounds and fedex immediately had a delivery exception and the package hasn't even left the UK yet. Now I wish I had just waited and got one from Control.
I had a similar experience, but while it looked like my package was going to be significantly delayed, it showed up the day after I received the exception. Hopefully you'll have similar fortune. Mine didn't say it had left the UK until it showed up in the town next door here in upstate NY.

mnchrme
Common Wiggler

Post by mnchrme » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:09 am

brandonlogic wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:53 pm
Very nice demo!

Ray Finkle
Common Wiggler

Post by Ray Finkle » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:36 am

brandonlogic wrote:
lovely sounds. was just playing this and my girlfriend walked by saying 'whats this? sounds great' 8-) she never says that about my patches ! :ripbanana: :hihi:

mnchrme
Common Wiggler

Post by mnchrme » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:19 am

Ray Finkle wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:36 am
brandonlogic wrote:
lovely sounds. was just playing this and my girlfriend walked by saying 'whats this? sounds great' 8-) she never says that about my patches ! :ripbanana: :hihi:
:hihi: :hihi:.

luchog
Crazy Pony

Post by luchog » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:15 am

Mine just arrived yesterday while I was at work. That was rather faster than I expected.

blaythe.steuer
Common Wiggler

Post by blaythe.steuer » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:37 pm

mnchrme wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:19 am
Ray Finkle wrote:
brandonlogic wrote:

That patch is wonderful wow!!!

Side note I ordered my Ochd from signal sounds in the UK. Somehow it was cheaper than buying one from an American store. I am nervous as i have never ordered from out of the country but I am excited!

mnchrme
Common Wiggler

Post by mnchrme » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:52 pm

blaythe.steuer wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:37 pm
mnchrme wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:19 am
Ray Finkle wrote:
brandonlogic wrote:

That patch is wonderful wow!!!

Side note I ordered my Ochd from signal sounds in the UK. Somehow it was cheaper than buying one from an American store. I am nervous as i have never ordered from out of the country but I am excited!
Should arrive soon. I have my fingers crossed for Schneidersladen. At least rest of my new modules came in today. ^_^

kinkycables
Common Wiggler

Post by kinkycables » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:15 pm

SavageMessiah wrote:
Be patient. Same thing happened to me, but my order still got here faster than anything I've ordered from PCA or any of the big stores in the US. And fuck control.

SavageMessiah
Wiggling with Experience

Post by SavageMessiah » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:57 pm

kinkycables wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:15 pm
SavageMessiah wrote:
Be patient. Same thing happened to me, but my order still got here faster than anything I've ordered from PCA or any of the big stores in the US. And fuck control.
Yeah, just came today. :cloud: And indeed, if I had ordered it from PCA it would have taken another day or two. I just feel better knowing when something is coming versus having no delivery date due to exceptions.

closedLoop
Wiggling with Experience

Post by closedLoop » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:34 pm

kinkycables wrote:
And fuck control.
In all fairness, it's probably best that you explain why.

ATW
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ATW » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:50 pm

closedLoop wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:34 pm
kinkycables wrote:
And fuck control.
In all fairness, it's probably best that you explain why.
Agreed. I’ve gave great experiences with Control, in person and online.

Perfect Circuit, Signal Sounds, and Sweetwater have all been top notch, too FWIW.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”