Ochd by Instruo / DivKid

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Ochd by Instruo / DivKid

Post by versipellis » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:17 am

closedLoop wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:34 pm
kinkycables wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:15 pm
And fuck control.
In all fairness, it's probably best that you explain why.
++

I've had nothing but endless issues with Perfect Circuit. D:M and Control have been excellent to me, in person and online too. Without further explanation, that seems like a rather extreme comment to make, especially in covid and when the delays weren't their fault.

P.S. mine shipped too :party:
tunes: https://www.soundcloud.com/dycedot
in boston? I run nights: https://www.facebook.com/4OTFEvents/
selling [4x Frap Tools Plus cases (6Ux84hp)]: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=234975

second_breakfast
Common Wiggler

Post by second_breakfast » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:43 am

Has anyone received their pre-orders from Perfect Circuit?
Youtube: Second Breakfast Instagram: Sec0nd_Breakfast_ Modular Grid: "The Double Dragon"

discreet-cowboy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by discreet-cowboy » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:14 am

second_breakfast wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:43 am
I ordered one back in January and am still waiting :waah:

megarat
Common Wiggler

Post by megarat » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:27 am

second_breakfast wrote:
Likewise, I haven’t yet heard anything about my preorder either. I plan to drop them a note on Monday if I haven’t heard from them by then.

second_breakfast
Common Wiggler

Post by second_breakfast » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:32 am

discreet-cowboy wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:14 am
second_breakfast wrote:
Same here. Here's to waiting. My concern is that PC is very liberal in taking pre orders for items "arriving soon." I wouldn't be surprised if more pre orders exist than OCHD arrive.
Youtube: Second Breakfast Instagram: Sec0nd_Breakfast_ Modular Grid: "The Double Dragon"

closedLoop
Common Wiggler

Post by closedLoop » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:51 am

megarat wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:27 am
Likewise, I haven’t yet heard anything about my preorder either. I plan to drop them a note on Monday if I haven’t heard from them by then.
It's probably worth contacting PC first before placing an order for something that isn't currently in stock. I contacted them about two modules that were listed as "Arriving Soon", and the response I got was that they had no idea at all when they would come back in stock. That was a about a month ago, and those modules are still listed as "Arriving Soon"

discreet-cowboy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by discreet-cowboy » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:54 am

second_breakfast wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:32 am
discreet-cowboy wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:14 am
second_breakfast wrote:
Same here. Here's to waiting. My concern is that PC is very liberal in taking pre orders for items "arriving soon." I wouldn't be surprised if more pre orders exist than OCHD arrive.
That was my assumption too. But considering Control just sent some of their pre orders, I figured PC got some in as well. I sent them a lil message today asking for an update.

second_breakfast
Common Wiggler

Post by second_breakfast » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:06 am

closedLoop wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:51 am
megarat wrote:
It's probably worth contacting PC first before placing an order for something that isn't currently in stock. I contacted them about two modules that were listed as "Arriving Soon", and the response I got was that they had no idea at all when they would come back in stock. That was a about a month ago, and those modules are still listed as "Arriving Soon"
Right- but you shouldn't have to do that. Other modular shops like Detroit Modular (huge shout out, my favorite shop) only list pre orders for items they are confirmed to be receiving on a definitive timeline. They only take pre orders for the quantity they know they are getting. When all those pre orders are spoken for, the item will show out of stock.

megarat
Common Wiggler

Post by megarat » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:48 pm

Wow, Signal Sounds and Control are back to showing this as "out of stock". That must've been a small batch. I suspect that I'll need to get comfortable with the fact that I won't be receiving one of these for a while.

closedLoop
Common Wiggler

Post by closedLoop » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:18 pm

megarat wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:48 pm
Wow, Signal Sounds and Control are back to showing this as "out of stock". That must've been a small batch. I suspect that I'll need to get comfortable with the fact that I won't be receiving one of these for a while.
Yeah, this one goes real quick. I grabbed mine on the first batch, and I basically always use it.

Don't sleep on this one.

megarat
Common Wiggler

Post by megarat » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:28 pm

closedLoop wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:18 pm
Yeah, this one goes real quick. I grabbed mine on the first batch, and I basically always use it.

Don't sleep on this one.
Oh, I'm not sleeping, trust me. I've had a preorder in with Perfect Circuit for months, but I'm losing confidence that my order will be fulfilled with this batch. I had almost ordered another one from Control when they were listed as in stock, but decided to play it cool. I'm fine with waiting for another month or two, especially given the current uncertain circumstances, but I'm starting to wish that PC was keeping me better informed, so I could better decide how to proceed.

closedLoop
Common Wiggler

Post by closedLoop » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:43 pm

megarat wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:28 pm
Oh, I'm not sleeping, trust me. I've had a preorder in with Perfect Circuit for months, but I'm losing confidence that my order will be fulfilled with this batch. I had almost ordered another one from Control when they were listed as in stock, but decided to play it cool. I'm fine with waiting for another month or two, especially given the current uncertain circumstances, but I'm starting to wish that PC was keeping me better informed, so I could better decide how to proceed.
That sucks - Sorry. I've seen Ochd come in and out of stock at Control a few times since it was released.

PC seem excellent when there's stock on hand. Less so when it's 'Arriving Soon'.

trickness
Veteran Wiggler

Post by trickness » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:51 pm

Gotta love "Priority Mail" right now. Was supposed to arrive yesterday from Brooklyn to Manhattan. As of Friday 6PM, it's still "in transit to the next facility". If they got the pizza rat to carry the module in its mouth from Williamsburg to NYC, it would be here by now. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow so I can torture my WMD PM with it this weekend.

scragz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by scragz » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:53 pm

Mine just showed up from Signal Sounds. I cancelled my PC pre-order because who knows if the shipment is even headed there yet or if it's going to be stuck in customs for a month.

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by versipellis » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:34 pm

second_breakfast wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:06 am
closedLoop wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:51 am
megarat wrote:
Right- but you shouldn't have to do that. Other modular shops like Detroit Modular (huge shout out, my favorite shop) only list pre orders for items they are confirmed to be receiving on a definitive timeline. They only take pre orders for the quantity they know they are getting. When all those pre orders are spoken for, the item will show out of stock.
Ditto with Control. I've had several cases where Perfect Circuit has left preorders open for more stock than they'll receive, to the point where it doesn't feel like they care, or it's deliberate. Since then, I've done all preorders at Control, they confirmed their webstore only lists the number that they know they're getting in stock (although on occasion they get the wrong number in their order).

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by versipellis » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:34 pm

trickness wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:51 pm
Gotta love "Priority Mail" right now. Was supposed to arrive yesterday from Brooklyn to Manhattan. As of Friday 6PM, it's still "in transit to the next facility". If they got the pizza rat to carry the module in its mouth from Williamsburg to NYC, it would be here by now. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow so I can torture my WMD PM with it this weekend.
Heh, mine's still waiting to be shipped although the label was created. Backlogged or short on manpower, maybe due to the protests?

scragz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by scragz » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:36 pm

versipellis wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:34 pm
Heh, mine's still waiting to be shipped although the label was created. Backlogged or short on manpower, maybe due to the protests?
I've had a lot of packages recently that don't get an acceptance scan from USPS and show label created up until they are out for delivery. Happened with my last Control order too.

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by versipellis » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:45 pm

scragz wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:36 pm
versipellis wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:34 pm
I've had a lot of packages recently that don't get an acceptance scan from USPS and show label created up until they are out for delivery. Happened with my last Control order too.
Considering that USPS has been down for 80% of the times I've checked this week, I wouldn't be surprised!

architexture
Common Wiggler

Post by architexture » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:13 pm

Shipping from outside of the US is blocked right now, and since Instruo is in Scotland theres definitely a break down in the supply chain. I'm waiting on a LOT of things I've ordered form Denmark, Russia, Germany and more.

scragz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by scragz » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:45 pm

architexture wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:13 pm
Shipping from outside of the US is blocked right now, and since Instruo is in Scotland theres definitely a break down in the supply chain. I'm waiting on a LOT of things I've ordered form Denmark, Russia, Germany and more.
My Hyrlo I ordered a full month ago from Ukraine just finally processed through customs. There is hope! It's just slow as heck.

architexture
Common Wiggler

Post by architexture » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:56 am

Yeah fortunately I have nothing but time right now :D

teknobryan
Common Wiggler

Post by teknobryan » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:37 am

So this will be my first bipolar Modulator (I have Maths and Stages). I’m worried that with Ochd I’ll have to offset everything first because most of my modules don’t take negative voltages (Makenoise and Noise engineering). Am I misunderstanding this?

second_breakfast
Common Wiggler

Post by second_breakfast » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:48 am

architexture wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:13 pm
Can you elaborate on this? Do you just mean backed up or some sort of actual policy in place?

ddoyen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ddoyen » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:06 am

Def avoid purchases listed as "arriving soon" from PC. They've been great otherwise, but I ordered a keystep pro when it had that status, saw them going out to customers from different shops and contacted them to ask when they might be receiving it and they said they had no idea and they would probably only only get one or two. No way I was the only one that pre ordered. I asked for a refund and it was granted without issue.

Got my Ochd from Control yesterday and it's awesome!

mkasthe
Common Wiggler

Post by mkasthe » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:19 am

trickness wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:51 pm
Same here - I'm getting an order from Portland to Manhattan faster than from Control (and I ordered from Control the day before...) :despair:

Getting a WMD PM to torture as well..guess that video has inspired a lot of people :)
Made in Italy and exported to NYC
Instagram: The Analog Kid

Return to “Eurorack Modules”