Ochd by Instruo / DivKid

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Ochd by Instruo / DivKid

Post by versipellis » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:46 pm

MossGarden wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:42 pm
versipellis wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:33 pm
"These are free running LFOs that were tuned by ear to be musical useful for a range of fast to slow modulations in a patch."

So, I'm sorta curious about this statement, reading the description of Ochd again. What exactly does it mean to be "tuned by ear to be musically useful" when you can change the LFO rate? Does that mean, musical relative to one another?
Yes, they are not fixed ratios of the frequency set by the 'rate' knob. They are loosely offset to give a more organic behaviour, patch them into an oscilloscope and you'll see that their phases differ over time.
I'm still hung up on the "musically useful" bit of that statement.
tunes: https://www.soundcloud.com/dycedot
in boston? I run nights: https://www.facebook.com/4OTFEvents/
selling [Qu-bit Bloom; NE Cursus Iteritas]: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=229821

MossGarden
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MossGarden » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:49 pm

versipellis wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:46 pm
MossGarden wrote:
versipellis wrote:
"These are free running LFOs that were tuned by ear to be musical useful for a range of fast to slow modulations in a patch."

So, I'm sorta curious about this statement, reading the description of Ochd again. What exactly does it mean to be "tuned by ear to be musically useful" when you can change the LFO rate? Does that mean, musical relative to one another?
Yes, they are not fixed ratios of the frequency set by the 'rate' knob. They are loosely offset to give a more organic behaviour, patch them into an oscilloscope and you'll see that their phases differ over time.
I wouldn't lose sleep over it

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by versipellis » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:51 pm

Well, I ordered one. Is there any news on a restock?

IEC
Wiggling with Experience

Post by IEC » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:15 pm

versipellis wrote:

i find it musically useful :despair:

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:10 pm

I got mine right when it came out, and I still don’t know if the ratios are musically useful, because mine is permanently patched to shader parameters on Erogenous Tones Structure. But it’s the perfect module for that purpose.

Maybe some day I’ll get a second to use with audio...

Silentnotes
Common Wiggler

Post by Silentnotes » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:02 am

versipellis wrote:
MossGarden wrote:
versipellis wrote:

I think what they meant to say is that LFOs have a nice groove to them in the way they move around together :)

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by versipellis » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:35 pm

Silentnotes wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:02 am
versipellis wrote:
MossGarden wrote:
versipellis wrote:

I think what they meant to say is that LFOs have a nice groove to them in the way they move around together :)
That's what I sorta figured after listening to a few more demos closely - anyways, I ordered one and am gonna use it on VCAs to see how it sounds :D

realeoin
Learning to Wiggle

Post by realeoin » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:10 am

versipellis wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:35 pm
Silentnotes wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:02 am
versipellis wrote:
MossGarden wrote:
versipellis wrote:

That's what I sorta figured after listening to a few more demos closely - anyways, I ordered one and am gonna use it on VCAs to see how it sounds :D
I believe it means that although they are arranged from slowest to fastest, they are all set to unrelated rates. They aren't set to divisions or multiplications of any one single rate. This means they don't very obviously all hit a zero crossing or reset and the same time as each other. Unless of course they happen to do so by pure chance.

They are completely out of stock everywhere I've looked. Would really like to get my hands on one or two

megarat
Common Wiggler

Post by megarat » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:56 am

realeoin wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:10 am
Would really like to get my hands on one or two
As would I. I hope this COVID-19 madness hasn't affected production too much, but I can't imagine we'd be so lucky.

Crimesofthecrown
Common Wiggler

Post by Crimesofthecrown » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:17 pm

Me too. Such a shame as I was eager to pounce on one but I'm sure everything is held up currently due to a corona world.
GOD IS WAR - Curator of Hyper-Violent Industrial and Heavy Electronics

second_breakfast
Common Wiggler

Post by second_breakfast » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:06 pm

Any updates on production? I've had a pre order at Perfect Circuit for months :/

jamos
Common Wiggler

Post by jamos » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:00 am

For those who have Teletype and want to imitate 4 channels of this... see viewtopic.php?f=16&t=221805&p=3239880&h ... e#p3239880
Nord Modular G2 & G2X, Emulator X, MPC Live, and a growing Euro system.

Naenyn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Naenyn » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:15 am

second_breakfast wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:06 pm
Any updates on production? I've had a pre order at Perfect Circuit for months :/
Most recent update I got from PC was that the next shipment leaves Europe towards the end of April. It should cover the remaining preorders. I’m still waiting on mine, too. Preordered in January.
-n :ninja:

My "For Sale!" thread! :goo:
My racks on ModularGrid
Find me on MuffWiggler's Discord

Whatisvalis
Common Wiggler

Post by Whatisvalis » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:34 am

[quote=Naenyn post_id=3240576 time=1587186942 user_id=42291]
[quote=second_breakfast post_id=3240422 time=1587161181 user_id=51436]
[/quote]
Most recent update I got from PC was that the next shipment leaves Europe towards the end of April. It should cover the remaining preorders. I’m still waiting on mine, too. Preordered in January.
[/quote]

I cancelled my preorder but now I'm regretting it. Maybe I'll still grab one if it shows up in stock.

titaanzink
Learning to Wiggle

Post by titaanzink » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:58 pm

For those of you that can't find an Ochd and have access to a Percussa SSP, I have created a patch inspired by the Ochd. It is published on the Percussa forum and has the added benefit that you can tune the musical frequencies of the 8 LFOs to your own taste if you dive in.

jcharney
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jcharney » Mon May 04, 2020 10:25 am

Anyone know if that shipment did indeed go out from Europe at end of April? Wondering if my preorder ETA of “May” means early or late May!

MossGarden
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MossGarden » Mon May 04, 2020 10:39 am

jcharney wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:25 am
Anyone know if that shipment did indeed go out from Europe at end of April? Wondering if my preorder ETA of “May” means early or late May!
I'd check in with PC, any info here will be speculative at best under the current circumstances unless Intruo/PC update the forum.

Franktree
Common Wiggler

Post by Franktree » Mon May 04, 2020 10:54 am

If you hear anything from PC, would you mind updating here? I'm in the same boat--ordered from PC in January, still waiting.

kinkycables
Common Wiggler

Post by kinkycables » Mon May 04, 2020 11:22 am

At this point, I'm probably going to cancel my order and go for the VCV version. Too many other interest modules out there that aren't unobtainium

scragz
Common Wiggler

Post by scragz » Mon May 04, 2020 11:44 am

jcharney wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:25 am
Franktree wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:54 am
If you hear anything from PC, would you mind updating here? I'm in the same boat--ordered from PC in January, still waiting.
This was the word from PC on ochd and arbhar when I asked last week:
Unfortunately, we've been unable to get an accurate eta from the manufacturer these last couple of weeks. Keep in mind the Covid-19 situation will very likely lead to numerous unforeseen delays and for many items we won't have any kind of update until the current situation de-escalates.

I can, however, tell you that the item is on order and you're more than welcome to sign up to receive a notification on the product page once it becomes available. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
I also wrote to Instruo over the weekend and Jason says "soon" but can't give anything more precise as they are working with a skeleton crew due to Covid restrictions.

B0bcat
Common Wiggler

Post by B0bcat » Mon May 04, 2020 11:57 am

It was mentioned in a recent DivKid video (mid April ish) that completion was away “a few weeks” and that then there should be enough units to make it readily available in shops. Based on that, personally, I would be expecting end of May to mid June.
WTB: Intellijel Dixie v1, Intellijel Spock, Plan B / SubCon Model 15 VCO

Franktree
Common Wiggler

Post by Franktree » Mon May 04, 2020 11:58 am

duplicate post

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by versipellis » Mon May 04, 2020 2:42 pm

The update I got from Control was "hope to receive them in May, but no ETA".

zenith
Learning to Wiggle

Post by zenith » Thu May 07, 2020 12:25 pm

Just got an update from Control:

"Just heard from Instruo and they have finally put them in production from the Covid delay. Best guess is around 2nd or 3rd week of May now. So not much longer!"

megarat
Common Wiggler

Post by megarat » Thu May 07, 2020 1:09 pm

zenith wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:25 pm
"Just heard from Instruo and they have finally put them in production from the Covid delay. Best guess is around 2nd or 3rd week of May now. So not much longer!"
Oh happy day. I'm interpreting this as actually meaning "sometime in June", but that's fine with me as well.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”