Mungo Enterprises c1, convolution, delay, sampler

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Mungo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Mungo Enterprises c1, convolution, delay, sampler

Post by Mungo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:07 pm

Playable convolution now with over 1 second of impulse/delay.

Immediate availability on direct sales.

B0bcat
Common Wiggler

Re: Mungo Enterprises c1, convolution, delay, sampler

Post by B0bcat » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:35 pm

look/sounds fantastic! Congrats
WTB: Plan B or SubCon Model 15 VCO, Intellijel Dixie v1 and Spock, Doepfer A-129-5, bpcmusic TELEXn

starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by starthief » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:14 pm

The real time convolution kind of messes with my brain. :hmm: I guess it's convolving the input with a constantly updated buffer instead of a fixed one?
If FM overkill is wrong, I don't want to be right. ★ starthief.bandcamp.comstarthief.netModularGrid

Jaypee
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:49 am

For those who can't see the video right now, can you tell the difference with c0 except the length of the sample?

Can we except a new line of updated products, like d1, g1 etc...? Or it's a brand new line of products? If so, what are the main characteristics?
Sorry for questioning, I'm fff** excited :)
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

MvK
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MvK » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:02 pm

Its so good to see Mungo is alive and kickin' and holds on to the style if I might say so :party: For years It was on my list of things to try and recently I got a D0. Its the craziest module I have and also is the best sounding delay I've tried. Maybe we get something like the g1 at some point. That would be great.
We are the Borg. Resistance is equal to voltage divided by current.
https://soundcloud.com/logic_not
current 9U: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/428567
Skiff: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/818039

DonKartofflo
The knob-twisting Hive Mind

Post by DonKartofflo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:57 am

Firstly: THANK YOU for the video! This is the quality of demos your modules deserve, explaining all features in a concise and straightforward way!
Secondly: Holy cow, live convolution?! I thought that was somewhat impossible?
Id love to try this module somewhere, looks like some serious innovation going on in there.
One more thing, it says on modulargrid the price is 375€?! That is much less than the c0 no?
Nelson Baboon wrote:Beware of people who tell you to smile.
FS:
Mutable Instruments Tides 1 120€
Addac sys 12U powered frame 200€

loopt
Veteran Wiggler

Post by loopt » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:06 am

DonKartofflo wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:57 am
One more thing, it says on modulargrid the price is 375€?! That is much less than the c0 no?
Isn't it AUD600,-? That would be about €375,-
Plus shipping, tax and customs!

With Mungo everybody seems to think his prices are in USD. But it's Australian dollars.

2disbetter
Ultra Wiggler

Post by 2disbetter » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:12 pm

Indeed! Thank you for the concise video on, what would seem to be a pretty choice module! :tu: :tu:

Looking forward to seeing / hearing more about it!

Mungo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Mungo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:40 pm

Jaypee wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:49 am
Can we except a new line of updated products, like d1, g1 etc...? Or it's a brand new line of products?
The re-released d0, p0, and w0 received minor updates on the new platform, and the g0 has been updated significantly but kept the same interface so didn't get a model number bump. The c1 was radically different so its the first all new module.
loopt wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:06 am
With Mungo everybody seems to think his prices are in USD. But it's Australian dollars.
The prices on Modulargrid are in USD, and are converted to EUR (or the other way around) and have been corrected again (users like to put in all sorts of values there). They are only a guide as the exchange rates can vary quite a bit, AUD are cheaper than their long term average at the moment.

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:24 pm

this is so good. thanks for the excellent demo video.
blown away by all the real time convolution and wave shaping stuff. the bit reduction and interpolation sounds like some of the best ive heard too and hits that vintage vibe very well

Mungo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Mungo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:16 pm

damase wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:24 pm
the bit reduction and interpolation sounds like some of the best ive heard too and hits that vintage vibe very well
It comprehensively covers those special sounds of the early samplers and their resampling/repitching artefacts. Are there any specific sounds that you'd like to hear processed in some audio examples?

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:21 pm

Mungo wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:16 pm
damase wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:24 pm
the bit reduction and interpolation sounds like some of the best ive heard too and hits that vintage vibe very well
It comprehensively covers those special sounds of the early samplers and their resampling/repitching artefacts. Are there any specific sounds that you'd like to hear processed in some audio examples?
Appreciate you asking, even though im already convinced :)

You mentioned a vague representation of vocoder using the live input, Id love to a bit more exploration of that aspect using some Saw/Square waves and Chords as the carrier input, (and using your mic/voice as the modulation input)... and also how the bit reduction, filtering, and aliasing can change or enhance that sound. I know vocoders can be difficult to demonstrate sometimes but im very interested in this.

also just a straight up regular reverb impulse would be nice to hear

Jaypee
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:47 am

Mungo wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:40 pm
Jaypee wrote:
Can we except a new line of updated products, like d1, g1 etc...? Or it's a brand new line of products?
The re-released d0, p0, and w0 received minor updates on the new platform, and the g0 has been updated significantly but kept the same interface so didn't get a model number bump. The c1 was radically different so its the first all new module.

Thank you John!

Estes
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Estes » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:29 am

Jaypee wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:47 am
Mungo wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:40 pm
Jaypee wrote:

Thank you John!
can you explain a bit further the improvements on the G0? I was playing yesterday with one and I liked it a lot. But not knowing where you are while using the zoom and suddenly getting into noise was a bit strange.
thanks

Mungo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Mungo » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:27 pm

Estes wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:29 am
can you explain a bit further the improvements on the G0? I was playing yesterday with one and I liked it a lot. But not knowing where you are while using the zoom and suddenly getting into noise was a bit strange.
thanks
The original design for the g0 filled the output with sound aggressively for use like an oscillator, some people noticed the grains getting caught and not finding quiet areas, the noise bursts are when the grains are pushed outside the buffer. In the revised design the output is more honest to the original source and doesn't try to avoid quiet areas, and also strictly stays within the buffer and doesn't glitch out when pushed to edges. The exponential grain size is the major change, allowing precise tuning/setting of very small grains and never going into the glitchy negative sizes.

Estes
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Estes » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:10 pm

Mungo wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:27 pm
Estes wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:29 am
thanks
The original design for the g0 filled the output with sound aggressively for use like an oscillator, some people noticed the grains getting caught and not finding quiet areas, the noise bursts are when the grains are pushed outside the buffer. In the revised design the output is more honest to the original source and doesn't try to avoid quiet areas, and also strictly stays within the buffer and doesn't glitch out when pushed to edges. The exponential grain size is the major change, allowing precise tuning/setting of very small grains and never going into the glitchy negative sizes.
then it looks like my first two Mungo modules are the c1 and and the g0 :hyper:

MvK
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MvK » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:52 am

Does anyone know when the update of the G0 took place? Or how I can find out the Revision of the module? Is there some indication on the PCB?

edit: in the manual it says: the tracking output and button are removed.
We are the Borg. Resistance is equal to voltage divided by current.
https://soundcloud.com/logic_not
current 9U: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/428567
Skiff: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/818039

crystal hell pool
Wiggling with Experience

Post by crystal hell pool » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:21 am

Will this be available at any shops in the US?

Hi5
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hi5 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:31 pm

Just got a c1 by post today. First 20 min in and it’s a game changer. Sound designers dream. Sort of glad covid has me working from home so have more time with to play
tetno: https://soundcloud.com/richard-holhburn
Goiks: A eurorack setup is a contemporary folk instrument. Relatively accessible and portable. Largely by, of and for the people.

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:38 am

Hi5 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:31 pm
Just got a c1 by post today. First 20 min in and it’s a game changer. Sound designers dream. Sort of glad covid has me working from home so have more time with to play
care to elaborate?
i can relate with how it felt to first play g0 for me

FatRocky
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by FatRocky » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:49 am

I have to get this module,,,,, :bang: :bang: what do i sell???? :bang: :bang: :bang:

Jaypee
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:49 pm

I will probably pass on this one since I have the C0 but...who knows? Need more demos ;)

Hi5
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hi5 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:19 pm

damase wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:38 am
Hi5 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:31 pm
care to elaborate?
i can relate with how it felt to first play g0 for me

Well, it is unlike any other effect module currently so it adds a range of sounds normally left for software which I don't mess with any more. Convolution usually bring reverbs and drones/textures to mind and the C1 can do some of that but the shorter length settings get into more alien territory. So far I've just used 2 live inputs and have turned fairly generic drum sounds into something completely synthetic. Using a synth voice that isn't just a drone adds additional rhythmic variation. Simple changes in pitch can create drastic differences. With different sources you get something different. It's flexibility is what will make it always useful
tetno: https://soundcloud.com/richard-holhburn
Goiks: A eurorack setup is a contemporary folk instrument. Relatively accessible and portable. Largely by, of and for the people.

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:32 pm

thanks, its a bit hard to imagine how this one will sound but the demo really has some cool stuff. i am interested to see the use as reverb convolution too, dont think that was in the demo much

oneiric.tomb
Common Wiggler

Post by oneiric.tomb » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:32 am

commenting to stay updated on the thread! Consider me interested!
FS:
L-1 Stereo Compressor

WTB:
Schippmann Omega Phi mk2
Cwejman BLD-2
Cwejman PH-8

Return to “Eurorack Modules”