MIDI Amsterdam, any good?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

MIDI Amsterdam, any good?

Post by bemushroomed » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:05 am

Anyone ordered from them, are they reliable?

Found an older module which is out of stock everywhere, but they have it.. hopefully it's not one of those shops where something is ""in stock"" when its actually not.

Bots
Common Wiggler

Re: MIDI Amsterdam, any good?

Post by Bots » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:43 am

Ordered many times from Midi Amsterdam so recommended..

Great shop, friendly and helpfull!!

stamppotwortel
Learning to Wiggle

Post by stamppotwortel » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:49 am

yup, great service.

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:00 am

Thanks guys.

jbrandtp
Common Wiggler

Post by jbrandtp » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:04 am

bemushroomed wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:05 am
hopefully it's not one of those shops where something is ""in stock"" when its actually not.
I have encountered this with Midi Amsterdam. But they are helpful, so in doubt, mail them and ask, if they have the module...

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:07 am

jbrandtp wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:04 am
bemushroomed wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:05 am
hopefully it's not one of those shops where something is ""in stock"" when its actually not.
I have encountered this with Midi Amsterdam. But they are helpful, so in doubt, mail them and ask, if they have the module...
That's good to know, i'll email them.

Syeknom
1-Post Wiggler

Post by Syeknom » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:21 am

Was just there yesterday to grab something :) Great shop, ordered from them several times and they're always helpful and fast

Agawell
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Agawell » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:30 am

I've used them for nearly 3 years, great shop and Tim, the owner, is really nice
But I would always check stock, I think the webstore can get a bit out of synch from reality, but that happens with most of these places, in my experience

bastian23
Common Wiggler

Post by bastian23 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:42 am

great shop, nice service!

Mark II
Common Wiggler

Post by Mark II » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:53 am

Yes, really good shop. Responsive and helpful. Buy there a lot ...
The thing is to put a motor in yourself - fz

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:43 am

jbrandtp wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:04 am

got a reply. it was sold out...

not a fan of shops who doesn't keep track of what they have or doesn't have. I order a lot from two eurorack shops in Sweden they always have track of what they have and what is sold out, same with the shops i order from in UK.. Don't really see the problem of having the stock up-to-date, quite an important feature for a shop you'd think. /end rant

MikeLeeBirds
Common Wiggler

Post by MikeLeeBirds » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:59 am

It can happen. I recently ordered Usta from Schneiders, website said it was in stock. After taking inventory it turned out that it wasn‘t. And Schneiders is a great shop!

Graffie
Common Wiggler

Post by Graffie » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:13 am

Yup it can happen. Also sometimes it can be the other way around. Once I asked Schneiders a question about when a certain module was back in stock and it turned out they had 1 left despite of what was showing on their website.
Last edited by Graffie on Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

jjterbeek
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jjterbeek » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:57 am

I have ordered a lot in Midi Amsterdam! Great store and Tim is a great guy! Super service.
When i buy a module he adjusts his administration within a few minutes.

Orange
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Orange » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:17 pm

+1 for the service :tu:

adaris
Wiggling with Experience

Post by adaris » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:28 pm

bemushroomed wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:43 am

not a fan of shops who doesn't keep track of what they have or doesn't have. I order a lot from two eurorack shops in Sweden they always have track of what they have and what is sold out, same with the shops i order from in UK.. Don't really see the problem of having the stock up-to-date, quite an important feature for a shop you'd think. /end rant
Agree, I also placed an order at Midi Amsterdam about a month and a half ago for a hard to find item that they had listed on their website as "in stock". Didn't receive a shipping notice after several days so I sent them an email to check on it. Two more days passed with no response so I canceled my order and bought it somewhere else. It was pretty clear at that point that they didn't actually have it in stock.

hel1
Common Wiggler

Post by hel1 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:45 pm

yes, MIDI Amsterdam is any good..

jube
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jube » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:44 am

Can’t vouch for their webshop but I found them knowledgeable and helpful in store and over e-mail.

Granular
Common Wiggler

Post by Granular » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:18 am

adaris wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:28 pm
bemushroomed wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:43 am

Agree, I also placed an order at Midi Amsterdam about a month and a half ago for a hard to find item that they had listed on their website as "in stock". Didn't receive a shipping notice after several days so I sent them an email to check on it. Two more days passed with no response so I canceled my order and bought it somewhere else. It was pretty clear at that point that they didn't actually have it in stock.
Same experience here at the moment Ordered some stuff listed in stock, payed with PayPal. After one week without communication i wrote an Email 2 days ago and waiting for a reply. But I didn't cancel my order yet.

benofbrown
Learning to Wiggle

Post by benofbrown » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:46 am

Never used them but this post has just made me realise what sowed the seeds of Eurorack in my head. I was on holiday in Amsterdam and walked past this shop late at night and saw an A-100 case with a bunch of modules in the window. I'd never seen anything like it and took a photo. When I got home I looked up Doepfer and that led me to Eurorack, which got me to VCV Rack then finally to hardware.

I couldn't remember what originally sent me down this path but I was looking through old photos the other day and found the one of this shop.

Whatisvalis
Common Wiggler

Post by Whatisvalis » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:41 pm

benofbrown wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:46 am
Never used them but this post has just made me realise what sowed the seeds of Eurorack in my head. I was on holiday in Amsterdam and walked past this shop late at night and saw an A-100 case with a bunch of modules in the window. I'd never seen anything like it and took a photo. When I got home I looked up Doepfer and that led me to Eurorack, which got me to VCV Rack then finally to hardware.

I couldn't remember what originally sent me down this path but I was looking through old photos the other day and found the one of this shop.
Taking a layover in Amsterdam in a couple of weeks and will definitely be dropping by the store.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”